PDA

View Full Version : Stacking resistances

asphodeli
02-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know if TOD ring fire absorption stacks with Firestorm Greaves, any randomly generated greater fire resist item and GS inherent fire resistance?

Trillea
02-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Does anyone know if TOD ring fire absorption stacks with Firestorm Greaves, any randomly generated greater fire resist item and GS inherent fire resistance?

I have asked this before, and as I understand it:

This is assuming a failed save, if save is made all damage is halved before any of this..

first thing that happens is the damage is reduced by up to 120 points by the Protection from Energy spell

Then resistance applies, up to 30+inherent (10 for Fvs, varying amounts for other classes through enhancements)

Then fire/ice shield procs, reducing damage by 50%

After this, each absorption item affects the damage seperately, starting with the lowest % (this prevents energy immunity)

So say you were a FvS hit with a 400-point DBF with full buffs, a 10% fire absorb item, and firestorm greaves:

1st your damage would drop to 280 due to protection from energy

2nd your damage would drop to 240 due to fire resist 40 (30 from spell and 10 inherent)

3rd the damage would drop to 120 if you have ice shield up (like from VoD bracers or somesuch)

4th the damage would drop to 96 points because of the 10% fire absorb item (12 points absorbed negates 12 further points of damage)

5th the damage would drop to a piddly 32 points of damage dur to the 33% firestorm greaves (32 points of absorption negating another 32 points of damage)

Please someone let me know if my numbers are wrong, but this is how I understand it works.