PDA

View Full Version : epic quest newbie ?'s

sly_1
02-08-2010, 08:20 PM
So I am not currently in a guild with many high lvl active players. As such I'm curious about the notion of running epic quests in pugs.

Some general ?'s:

- in the dessert, which is there a ranking somewhere of the overall difficulty of each epic quest in relation to one another? ie, running those quests on normal/hard/elite there are definitely some that are harder than others. is it safe to assume that the quests that are easier in say epic difficulty will also be easier in epic?

- What would be the ideal pug? I've heard a lot of players run multiple arcane casters and just kite the mobs with their insane hp round and round between firewalls. Others speak of crowd control like barbs built around stunning blow etc.

- to upgrade the Xuum falchion, is there one quest or the other that drops the mats for that or is it random?

- all epic quests reward the same # of tokens, right?

thanks!

Sweetsoul86
02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
I myself haven't run anything on epic yet been more focused on leveling true reincarnated toons so I don't have any answers to your questions but I would suggest you take this thread to general discussion instead of new player guidance and advice. I imagine more people capable of answering your questions would see it in general discussion than in here.

Crazyfruit
02-09-2010, 10:24 PM
in the dessert, which is there a ranking somewhere of the overall difficulty of each epic quest in relation to one another? ie, running those quests on normal/hard/elite there are definitely some that are harder than others. is it safe to assume that the quests that are easier in say epic difficulty will also be easier in epic?

Yes, very much so. For example - the VoN series on epic is mostly much easier than the desert quests. For the desert Wizard King is the easiest without a group of epic-experienced players.

- What would be the ideal pug? I've heard a lot of players run multiple arcane casters and just kite the mobs with their insane hp round and round between firewalls. Others speak of crowd control like barbs built around stunning blow etc.

Many different strategies can work - talk amongst your friends and see what would make a good fit :)

- to upgrade the Xuum falchion, is there one quest or the other that drops the mats for that or is it random?

I've heard the shard from that one has a higher chance of being in ADQ1, but someone might know more.

- all epic quests reward the same # of tokens, right?

Nope :)