PDA

View Full Version : "I wish I pressed CTRL-P!"

brian14
02-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Yesterday I was doing Searing Heights. Whenever possible, my ranger sneaks on Sulatar Drow from behind, or kills them with arrows, but sometimes melee cannot be avoided. He got mobbed by several Sulatar at Eastern gate, and in the midst of fighting an item description window popped up! I was frantically trying to stay alive, so this was just an infuriating distraction, and I x-ed it out as fast as I could, without paying much attention. Yet I could not help noticing a few things:

Red lettering that indicates I cannot use the item
"Battleaxe of... [something]"
"[something] damage against Good opponents"

IOW, some combination of keys allowed me to see the Sulatar fighter's weapon. Too bad I did not think to do screen capture. Has this been known to happen?

Kahath
02-09-2010, 02:30 AM
Red lettering that indicates I cannot use the item
"Battleaxe of... [something]"
"[something] damage against Good opponents"

"Battleaxe of Pure Evil"
"1d6 damage against Good opponents".

This is a common weapon for mobs, for example the archers in the desert have them too. Being Neutral makes you immune to that effect.

But I have never seen that you could see what weapons the enemy has.

brian14
02-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Perhaps it is a new bug, introduced with the latest update.

But if no one before "could see what weapons the enemy has", how do you know about it?

Kahath
02-10-2010, 08:59 AM
But if no one before "could see what weapons the enemy has", how do you know about it?

Pure Evil exists as a suffix in the PnP books. And you can recognize it because of that: A neutral toon won't get hit with it, a good will. And the damage is 1d6. I'm not sure though if Unholy weapons exists for mobs in this game (the evil brother of Holy +2d6).