PDA

View Full Version : Perma-Death only on DDO

eldervamp
02-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Greetings...

I have been trying in vain to find other perma-death guilds on differant MMO's. Here is a list that I have tried so far.

World of Warcraft
Gates of Andaron
City of Heroes
Age of Conan
Runes of Magic
Vanguard
Guild Wars
Lord of the Rings Online

This is to name a few. Currntly the only game that has a thriving perma-death community that I have been able to find is here on DDO.

Please tell me you feeling on this, or if I'm wrong. Please let us know where the other Perma-Death guilds are and on what games.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Eldervamp

thalion
02-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Your regular comrades and a healthy fear of what lay around the next corner :eek: - A step closer to the Good Old PnP days.

~Zornochio
02-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Sublime was founded by a player that had been in a Permadeath guild in Anarchy Online (i think that was the game). Later on a few of us tried to get a branch of the guild started up in Vanguard but couldn't get enough interest and it only lasted a few months (the fact that Vanguard had more bugs than an episode of Fear Factor didn't help).

Why DDO is such a good fit for Permadeath:
Incap from 0 to -10
Players with PnP backround used to the idea of perminant death
Only 20 levels
Limitless character creation options
Active and fun combat system
The game starts at level 1 not level cap

Chai
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Good luck finding a Permadeath community on *most of the other MMOs out there. Alot of those games were designed to be grind fest to max level, then raid.

Before I left WOW, there was NOBODY in ANY of the dungeons below maximum level. I would have to sit on a level 17 character in LFG for hours just to find 4 other people who wanted to go into deadmines. I would have to sit for hours on end to get a stratholme group, one of the more challenging dungeons for its level. This is a game with 11 bajillion people online every day, and I could not find a dungeon crawling group....People just solo or duo to max level, all easy peezy, then raid for better gear, they dont even care about improving their character until they reach max level - then the gear scrum is on.

Vanguard is all the Verant guys that made EQ1 the awesome game it was pre Velious, and pre Sony Station. Its a cool game, but not very PD oriented.

LOTR is *almost a WOW system.

We did have a Permadeath server in NWN for 4 years called Myth Drannor, which was an awesome play experience. Players basically had to claw and scratch for every plus they got. The best weapon in the game was a plus 5 with 1d4 of one kind of elemental damage on it. I think 3 people may have had one. *maybe...

Our PD server is down but you might be able to find one on gamespy yet if you have that game still loaded from the pre civil war days....