PDA

View Full Version : Asking the Devs: Lag?

Phaye
02-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Hi.

I know it's not a priority anymore but the lag in the Shroud is becoming unbearable (again).
Dungeon Alert was here to help us solve that, apparently it might have solve some but not the Shroud.

As soon as the DPS increase, the lag make part 4 and 5 unplayable.
I think the Shroud is a very important raid, it's probably one of the mostly run and everyday I hear people saying "I'll not runit anymore until they fix it".

What saddens me the most is that I also played on EU servers (Keeper) and I never encountered such lag even when server was full and team was fully DPS packed.

So why is this especially US binded? is the coding different for this quest?
I can't think of any quest were the lag is so painfull.

For references, I'm a founder since 4 years here and play on both Argo and Thelanis.

Hope you can see into it and some voices can join me in this.

Cheers

driago
02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Scary thing is it's not just in the shroud, i've had game halting lag in the city!! And i know it's not the pc since it was running fine up until the most recent update.

TechNoFear
02-07-2010, 09:42 PM
So why is this especially US binded? is the coding different for this quest?
I can't think of any quest were the lag is so painfull.

The US servers are under higher load than EU ones (I play off-peak and see alot less lag than when I play at peak times).

There is also a new form of lag it appears, 'Hireling lag'.

Very similar to DPS lag but only effecting the owner of the hireling. Only started in the last update and has something to do with hireling feedback (as if a dev had left some debug feedback in the release build). This can be reduced by turning off the Henchmen feedback in the Options.

Horrorscope
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Scary thing is it's not just in the shroud, i've had game halting lag in the city!! And i know it's not the pc since it was running fine up until the most recent update.

I lost a couple frames, nothing major. To those mentioning Combat Logs, I've had them all off for a while, perhaps that is why some say lag and others do not. I would say I see no lag to make mention of.

Woody00
02-07-2010, 10:30 PM
I would love to see them fix the lag for when I cast masters touch. I dont know why they have to put "You have gained xxxxxx profiency" for every flipping wep. And then lag when dying when it says I lost the prof.