PDA

View Full Version : It seems funny to me...

Celestialbeast
02-07-2010, 02:43 AM
So I always see how Vets really like it when someone, even if it's just one, sends the casters of the group a tell saying something along the lines of "Yeah I'll donate for all your time and resources." Let me tell you a very....Interesting.... Story:

So myself and two friends find us a PuG. Consists of Two Fighters (Myself and Friend 1) a Ranger/Barb/Rouge (Friend 2) Two Sorcs and a Cleric. Excellent group. We decided to try Mired in Kobolds AND take on Mama Dragon on Normal. We pretty much FLY right through the quest. As one of the Sorc's is buffing me (Stoneskin included) I send him a tell offering to pay for his resources. I get no reply. Oh well.

We head in, kick baby's rear end very quickly. Now come's the fun part. We all act on a tip and use the Crystals against Mama to help "Ease" the fight. Everything is going pretty well considering we're only lvl 13-15 but we only happen to get her down to 1/2 half before we all get.... Owned. Oh well. So One stays in, the rest rez out, we come back, group together and lay down some Smackdown! ;)

The fights over, I offer some Plat to the Sorc who was buffing and I get rejected! What gives? The other Sorc got loot that he picked from the chest other people got, the Cleric got ME's Friend 2 had saved up.... But Buffer Sorc.... It was a no I"m ok thing.

So did I do something wrong? What gives? Were are all you Khyber Vets who are accepting donations D*mn it!! I like to be generous. Not alot but I give what I can. So....Anyone know what gives?

*BTW @ this time this group has beaten Mama twice. Second time with only 4 Deaths and No Rez outs =^_^=*

Yagi
02-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Generally people just donate to healers, as a pug healer can be as efficiant as possible yet still have to spend resources on a quest that cost them more then they will typically recieve from chest loot.
But hey if you see ANYBODY doing things like burning through a stack of heal/recon/ect scrolls to help out, there's no harm in trying to toss them some plat for the cause.

Often if its an alt, they really dont need your money and would rather that you keep it and use it for yourself, regardless of their class and will not accept your coins.

If you do want to reward people whose playstyle you enjoy with money/items, then carry around things like heal scrolls and reconstruct scrolls to hand to them. A person who might not accept your plat may still appreciate you adding to their direct resources, and such gifts will be equally useful to a player that WOULD have accepted money from you.

Wren666
02-07-2010, 06:36 AM
heh I remember compensating generously to all our PUG companions who made my very first experience in The Pit so smooth and painless that I couldn't see why people loathed that quest. ^^

They naturally refused during the quest so had to mail it to em :P

Smelt92
02-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Most caster and clerics will only accept reimbursement at your level if they have had to use a lot of scroll and mem pots....They are the expensive resources. Lower level clerics may appreciate the odd wand thrown in there direction (wands generally being the plat drain for lower level clerics). All my non self healing toons carry at least 100 of each of the available (non store) heal pots and a wand or two. I will normally speaking drink me pots between fights and not ask to be healed by the cleric, and if it turned into a nasty affair and I know thew cleric used resources (still talking lower levels) I offer them my wands. Higher level groups I offer cash. Oh and I always give any mem pots i find to the cleric(s).

Being turned down doesn't mean you did anything wrong, it just means the sorc didn't think he'd had to go over board with resources.

calvinklien
02-07-2010, 07:15 AM
it just means the sorc didn't think he'd had to go over board with resources.

and probably has a gazillion plat'

personally, i run a quest expecting to use up some granite/diamond dust and so on, i'm in it for the fun/xp/favor and maybe some good loot (i seem to pull the crappiest loot)

but if someone started to hand me abuncha plat i'd turn it down, i've got plenty of plat. if someone on the other hand handed me a chunk of granite and diamond dust, or a couple major mnemonics i'd say, "tyvm" and take it. ;)

Lithic
02-07-2010, 07:32 AM
I think the biggest problem is your sorc had memorized stoneskin... :D

sephiroth1084
02-07-2010, 07:42 AM
So, you're complaining that someone didn't accept your unnecessary donation? Do you hound people who refuse your offer to help them cross the street?

I don't know who told you that casters need donations, but during most play caster resource use is pretty minimal. The only times I use a lot of resources on my casters are when a difficult quest is going poorly and I need to use some mana potions and when I'm stuck babysitting a WF with Recon scrolls.

The only time I'd even consider accepting a donation is if I spent 3+ pots or used around 100 recon scrolls.

Tip your healers! They spend far more of their own coin to see a quest through to completion than casters do.