PDA

View Full Version : Feat Swapping?

kelemvor33
02-06-2010, 02:44 PM
OK, I want to change a feat that I have. However when I pick the one I don't want, it doesn't give me the choice I want to swap it for. Is it limited by lvl?

I'm a Ranger and want to get the Arcane Archer enhancement. It requires Point Blank Shot, Ranged Weapons, and Mental Toughness.

Feats I have:
Mobility
Point Blank Shot
Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons

I want to dump Mobility and get Mental Toughness but when I select Mental Toughness as the Old one, it says lvl 3 at the top of the screen and only shows me a couple options for the New Feat.

Point Blank Show and Ranged Weapons show me lvl 6 and 9 respectively and both show me the Mental Toughness option to swap it for but that defeats the purpose and I can't swap either of those.

Am I just screwed until my next choosable feat?

hydra_ex
02-06-2010, 03:04 PM
The game records at what level you chose a feat. If you want to swap a feat, but you would not ordinarily be able to get it at that level, you cannot swap it out for that feat. For instance, lets say that you took TWF at level 6, and want to swap out Power Critical, which you took at level 3, for ITWF. You could not, since ITWF has a pre-req of lvl 6, and TWF, neither of which you had at lvl 3. The pre-req for mental toughness is ability to cast spells, which rangers do not get until lvl 4.

tgun
02-06-2010, 03:10 PM
you could prolly swap out WF:ranged for mental toughness then go back and swap mobility for wf:ranged and get it to work.

kelemvor33
02-06-2010, 03:16 PM
you could prolly swap out WF:ranged for mental toughness then go back and swap mobility for wf:ranged and get it to work.

I only have the 1 exchange I get for free from the Dragon Mark Quest. Not sure how the other part works. I know I need Syberis (or whatever) dragonshards but not how many or what type or anything. Where can I get that info?

Lorien_the_First_One
02-06-2010, 03:21 PM
I only have the 1 exchange I get for free from the Dragon Mark Quest. Not sure how the other part works. I know I need Syberis (or whatever) dragonshards but not how many or what type or anything. Where can I get that info?

In the in game help search on "fred" and it will give you the type of shard you need for each level. You know all those stupid yellow shards that drop all over the place? They crunch down into what you want.

tgun
02-06-2010, 04:18 PM
yeah take the yellow dragonshard fragments you get in quests to the stone of change by the marketplace bank. 100 fragments will combine to get the lowest shard(lvls1-4). combine 10 of those to get the next shard(lvls5-8). and so on til you get the right level needed. If you have any tp you can also buy the dragonshard you need from the ddo store.

LordMond
02-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Fred is located in House Jorasco underneath the Garden of Respite.

kelemvor33
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
yeah take the yellow dragonshard fragments you get in quests to the stone of change by the marketplace bank. 100 fragments will combine to get the lowest shard(lvls1-4). combine 10 of those to get the next shard(lvls5-8). and so on til you get the right level needed. If you have any tp you can also buy the dragonshard you need from the ddo store.

For lvl 10 i need a normal shard.
So..
1 Shard = 10 Imperfect Shards = 100 Flawed Shards = 10,000 Fragments. Sheesh.

Anyone want to spare some on Khyber? heh heh

Myrddinman
02-07-2010, 04:08 PM
For lvl 10 i need a normal shard.
So..
1 Shard = 10 Imperfect Shards = 100 Flawed Shards = 10,000 Fragments. Sheesh.

Anyone want to spare some on Khyber? heh heh

These do sometimes drop as random end quest rewards I think. You can also purchase whichever one you need through the DDO Store. I believe the cost is relatively cheap, at least compared to what you get for it.

zorander6
02-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I also picked up quite a few in low level quests in cabinets and other items.

kelemvor33
02-07-2010, 04:23 PM

I was thinking about just doing some lower quests just to try to farm some. Do they show up more in certain quests that you know of? Or maybe certain quests that just have lots of cabinets or other things to click on? :)

I think it was 90 points or something when I looked in the store. I'm F2P so want to save those up for more important things.

Myrddinman
02-07-2010, 04:24 PM

Yes, you can find fragments from collectible spots. However, you can also receive a complete shard as an end reward.

jsaving
02-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Are you allowed to take mental toughness before you have any spell points? That may be the reason why you aren't able to swap it out in your 3rd level feat slot, since you didn't get your first SP until 4th level.

You may need to do your swap in steps, first parachuting mental toughness into the point-blank shot slot and then replace mobility with PBS.

tgun
02-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Check the AH as well. I know they can get expensive but you might be able to find one for a decent price.