PDA

View Full Version : What class should I be to do high level raids for items?

praetor
02-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I want a class that everyone wants in their high level raids -- so I can be well recruited and also effective at finding good items. Any advice?

Visty
02-05-2010, 10:48 AM
cleric or fav soul

though it doesnt depend on the class, it depends on the player most of the time if you are wanted

stainer
02-05-2010, 10:49 AM
I got this one Shade.

Barbarian.

tihocan
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Healer/Melee DPS are almost always welcome.

Keep in mind that a lot of raid loot binds to the character who pulls it (the most important exception is probably the Shroud ingredients for crafting).

praetor
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
why not caster DPS?

praetor
02-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Healer/Melee DPS are almost always welcome.

Keep in mind that a lot of raid loot binds to the character who pulls it (the most important exception is probably the Shroud ingredients for crafting).

also, if it binds to my character, can i still transfer it via account bank to other characters of mine?

Superspeed_Hi5
02-05-2010, 11:25 AM
also, if it binds to my character, can i still transfer it via account bank to other characters of mine?

Nope hence bound to character.

You are thinking of bound to account.

Runehammer
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM

No bound to char is bound to that char. Bound to account can be transfered to an alt using the shared bank only.

Minor_Threat
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
why not caster DPS?

There are usually only one, maybe 2 spots for a caster in most raids and there are alot of people that play casters.

Sweyn
02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
why not caster DPS?

Because in most end game raids (Shroud, vod, tod, hound) I only really want 1 or 2 casters max in my group. the rest is melee dps, with a couple healers

Superspeed_Hi5
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM
It should also be noted that you really should just play what you want. Playing something you dont like in order to raid will make hate having to play that in order to raid. Follow? Its also no guarantee you will get the invite or that they will accept you.

So if you want to play sorc play sorc - you will either get into the raid or you wont whether you are playing something you like or something you hate. So why play something you dont want to and commit that amount of time to something YOU DONT LIKE.

Mangloid
02-05-2010, 11:37 AM
I got this one Shade.

Barbarian.

LMAO +1 rep

stainer
02-05-2010, 11:43 AM
LMAO +1 rep

I was wondering if anyone would catch that. :)

praetor
02-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Nope hence bound to character.

You are thinking of bound to account.

what if i find a really good item for a sorc, but if im a cleric and its bound to character im screwed?

Kralgnax
02-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Classes in high demand relative to supply: Clerics, Favored Souls, Bards

BUT

Mostly it's good players.

If you aren't the latter,it won't matter if you are one of the former.
If you are the latter, it won't matter if you aren't one of the former.

tihocan
02-05-2010, 01:40 PM
what if i find a really good item for a sorc, but if im a cleric and its bound to character im screwed?
No, you make yourself a nice reputation by giving it to someone else :)

Hydro
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Wow shocked so suprised no one said Warchanter Bard with max songs. As long as the group doesnt already have a bard you will be invited to any raid.

Superspeed_Hi5
02-05-2010, 01:48 PM

If you get something on a raid and you cant really benefit from it and you loot it - yes you are screwed, but not like you think. You will be screwed because your group WILL remember you as the cleric that looted the sorc item instead of giving it to the sorc (if only 1) or putting it up for roll if multiple arcanes are present.

Translation: No more raids for you.

cdemeritt
02-05-2010, 01:50 PM

kinda... It's they way it works.. the Madstone Boots drop for my caster, (can't use, as they block spellcasting), my caster has no use for them... They go "up for a roll", meaning anyone who wants them or can use them get a chance to get them based on a die roll. In most cases this is how it works, if it is not usable to you, or you don't plan on using a bound item, you put it up for a roll. when most people do this the chances of getting the loot you want/need go up. Not doing this will make people mad, and could get you blacklisted from raids (not that I think I've ever seen someone drop from a pug, because a "blacklisted" pug joins), but you might be declined from guild runs or such.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Honestly, all classes are welcome. Some raids need more or less of something, but everything is welcome (well at least pure class...some multis are scary if you don't know them)

You will also find this game is best if you level at least two different classes at once, gives you more variety of play and lets you join as whatever the group needs (helps with raid timers too)