PDA

View Full Version : Can you play Solo all the Time?

DragonKazul
02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
I like playing solo in MMOs because I have had bad experiences with team mates and other players. Is it possible to fully play and enjoy this game with out needing a team? Many MMOs have solo quests but when you get a higher level you have to have a team. Is this how this game is or can I play it by myself at higher levels?

flynnjsw
02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Teamwork is always encouraged; however I believe that there are only a few quests that can not be solo'd for one reason or another. I will have to see if I can dig up the link to that thread.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I like playing solo in MMOs because I have had bad experiences with team mates and other players. Is it possible to fully play and enjoy this game with out needing a team? Many MMOs have solo quests but when you get a higher level you have to have a team. Is this how this game is or can I play it by myself at higher levels?

Yes, you can solo the game all the way to cap. This will be easier on some classes (like Cleric) than other (say Barbarian) but any can do it. There are a handful of quests that you won't be able to do because two or more are physically needed. Raids are bloody difficult to do without a group.

All non raid quests scale in difficulty based on group size so on the "casual", "normal" and "hard" settings they are actually fairly easy to solo.

I would however encourage you to group. Lots of bad groups out there, but lots of really good people you can learn from and enjoy playing with. The group game is why I'm still hear 3+ years later.

tihocan
02-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Yes, you can definitely. It can be a bit tough for a new player though (especially if you never learn from grouping with others). And expect some quests to be either really hard or just impossible (possibly depending on your build).
Being VIP or buying adventure packs is recommended so you have access to a larger variety of quests and areas (to be able to pick the easiest ones to solo).

ArgentMage
02-04-2010, 03:33 PM
With the release of Update3, the quest listing now has text that tells you when
a particular quest requires more than one player, it even comments when a hireling
is not enough.