PDA

View Full Version : Love the item linking, but suggesting an enhancement to it.

Polarkin
02-04-2010, 12:14 PM
I love the item linking but would like to suggest an enhancement to it:

Instead of appearing as plain white text, I would like to see the item link be more identifiable. Specifically color coded and underlined (like a web link) would be ideal in my opinion to easily identify individual links and improve readability.

Memnir
02-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I think not being able to post loot links in Gen Chat would also be a fine enhancement. Rerolled an alt that I was hoping to GR yesterday - and the Harbor is even more annoying than before... and that's saying something. So I now have Advice, Trade, and Gen Chat turned off. :(

Talcyndl
02-04-2010, 12:23 PM
I think not being able to post loot links in Gen Chat would also be a fine enhancement. Rerolled an alt that I was hoping to GR yesterday - and the Harbor is even more annoying than before... and that's saying something. So I now have Advice, Trade, and Gen Chat turned off. :(

It will settle down. People are just excited about a (very cool IMO) new feature.

Artis_Resistance
02-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I love the item linking but would like to suggest an enhancement to it:

Instead of appearing as plain white text, I would like to see the item link be more identifiable. Specifically color coded and underlined (like a web link) would be ideal in my opinion to easily identify individual links and improve readability.

/signed.
That would be much better than the current implementation. Informing us we can click on an item takes up too much space in chat (especially when multiple items are listed).

Polarkin
02-05-2010, 10:41 AM
/signed.
That would be much better than the current implementation. Informing us we can click on an item takes up too much space in chat (especially when multiple items are listed).

I agree and turning the items into a web-style link is almost universally known.

Cedwin
02-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Wait till everyone figures out you can change the text of the hot linked item.

Over in LOTRO, which uses the same system, I frequently saw Swords of Your Mom, and Staffs of Pole-Dancing

adamkatt
02-05-2010, 10:47 AM

Over in LOTRO, which uses the same system, I frequently saw Swords of Your Mom, and Staffs of Pole-Dancing

Hahaha love the staff!

ddaedelus
02-05-2010, 10:48 AM

Ah, role playing at its finest. :D

Artis_Resistance
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM

Welp, I know what I'm going to be doing while drunk and waiting for groups to fill.