PDA

View Full Version : Risia Coin Farming

Sir_Chonas
02-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Most likely coin farming locations

White: Taming the Flames (level 6 House K), Stormcleave Outpost (Level 7 House D), Tempest Spine (Level 10, House J), Searing Heights rear section (Marketplace), Brood of the Flame (Three Barrel Cove), Church and the Cult fire side(Level 9 House P), Purge the Fallen Shrine (Menechtarun).

Blue/Purple: Enter the Kobold and the Ones listed below. Demon Queen part 2.

There are named fire bosses in The Lair of Summoning (House K), Stormcleave Outpost (House D Tavern), Inferno of the Damned (Necro IV), Enter the Kobold (Reaver's Refuge), Stealer of Souls Fire Part (Reaver's Refuge), Rainbow in the Dark (The Vale of Twilight), Dream Conspiracy (Inspired Quarter)

Please post your recommended locations.

Sir_Chonas
02-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Bump for Info.

Crazyfruit
02-04-2010, 09:22 AM
The quest you're thinking of is Enter the Kobold

birdac
02-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Anyone know the quest where you have to fight a butt ton of fire elementals as an end fight at the higher level (and some living spells and an efreet)? It's in the refuge or shavarath.

Enter the Kobold is the quest in Reaver's Refuge.

Sir_Chonas
02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
tyvm. Can you verify which part of the orchard has the respawning named cinderspawns and fire eles?

Krag
02-04-2010, 09:27 AM
I think DQ2 is the best place to farm blue coins.
Lots of weak red-named fire-creatures right in front of the entrance.

Sir_Chonas
02-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Kraq have you tried epic DQ2 to see if the eles in the beginning drop purples? I'm thinking they have to be epic or raid bosses to drop purples.

Arkat
02-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Don't forget the end boss (red fire elemental) in Rainbow in the Dark dungeon out in the Vale of Twilight.

Krag
02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Kraq have you tried epic DQ2 to see if the eles in the beginning drop purples? I'm thinking they have to be epic or raid bosses to drop purples.

There is another thread where people claim to have blue drops from epic.
I haven't tested it myself yet.

Sir_Chonas
02-04-2010, 09:35 AM

There goes that theory.

IF anyone finds a purple coin from killing a monster. Please post here.

Kaervas
02-04-2010, 09:39 AM
tyvm. Can you verify which part of the orchard has the respawning named cinderspawns and fire eles?

Inferno of the Damned.
Lots of fire mephits, and some fire elementals in fixed locations (which turn into cinderspawns on blue side).

ivar415
02-04-2010, 10:39 AM
How about The Patriarch’s Crypt (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1467403&postcount=69)? It´s a nice low level quest for an elite difficulty.
Also the chase is always fun, Catacombs pack though.

Missing_Minds
02-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Chains of Flame has... 3 fire elementals and several mephits. But given the length of the quest, I don't know if it would be good to run for the chance of coins.

Prison of the Planes has the fire room with mepthits, elementals, and the named effrite.

There is the one depth quest with the fire elemental coming out of the exploding barrel. Probably not worth the time on this one.

vettkinn
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Comrades, I believe Inferno of the Damned will be a good farming spot (lots of mephits that respawn, red named fire elementals and cinderspawns). But that quest can easily confuse players into oblivion.

I haven't started farming though.

Sir_Chonas
02-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm trying to keep the list to things that are plausible to farm. I guess PoP's fire room would be, but I thought posting respawning locations would be the best (unless the quest has a boss that may drop a purple).

So far I'm thinking inferno of the damned might be the best blue farming location aside from DQ2.

Diarden
02-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Ive been searching the forums for purple coin locations, and I havent seen anything yet. Can you only get purple coins from the skating events in the Harbor?

Rantanplan
02-04-2010, 11:22 AM
If i want white coins and the chance of a blue one i will farm purge the fallen shrine on elite^^

Sir_Chonas
02-04-2010, 11:30 AM
what is the chance for a blue, and why would you do it on elite?

AllanGreenspan
02-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I just ran the quest 'Invaders' in the harbor and got myself quite a few white coins. Surprisingly (to me) I seemed to get most of them from kills on the Thaarak Hounds.

Draccus
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
There is a red-named fire elemental in the middle of Dream Conspiracy, in the Inspired Quarter.

And I'm not sure if Hellhounds drop the coins but, if they do, there are about 9 hellhounds and the chance for a named one in Sorrowdusk Isle, very close to the entrance.

Sir_Chonas
02-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Do the fire shadows in IQ give coins?

Skani
02-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Taming the Flames on elite = 30-40 white coins per run (with killing everything ofc).
Just remember, only the person who got a kill will eventually get coin. So "farming parties" are not good idea imho.

And before any heavy farming, ask yourself a question - is it worth of your time:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=228641

flynnjsw
02-04-2010, 11:57 AM
One of the Giant caves in Therenal has the Fire Giant at the end that drops a blue.

Uhtred_Stark
02-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Threnal has lots of mephits and fire reavers with some fire giants. Ran thru that yesterday just in the course of questing and noticed the high rate of white coin drops.

Sir_Chonas
02-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Someone verified Velah drops a coin, anyone know the color?

Kaldais
02-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Purge the Fallen Shrine hard, took 6 mins, 37 white and 1 blue.
on elite took 7mins got 43 whites and 1 blue.

kingfisher
02-04-2010, 01:28 PM
what about the searing heights drow area? aren't there mephits and eles and **** out there?

Matuse
02-04-2010, 02:22 PM

That someone is me. On sub-Epic, the efreeti and fire elementals drop blue, and the mephits drop white. On Epic, the Efreet still drops blue (I didn't bother fighting to the elementals), and the Mephits start dropping blue as well.

Sir_Chonas
02-04-2010, 02:26 PM
TYVM for depressing me :(

Sir_Chonas
02-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Me and another level 20 fighter type did runs of the hallway before the portal in DQ2. 13 red name fire bosses, took us about 50 seconds per run. We got 200 blue tokens in less than 2 hours.

Hewage
02-05-2010, 09:10 AM
The end of the first hallway in the DQ raid has unlimited red-named fire elementals that spawn for plenty of blue coins.

Justicar
02-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Dont forget the Scorched Cavern quest in house K. Tons of fire eles and mephits there.

Kilbar
07-19-2010, 06:16 PM
I can confirm that hellhounds drop white coins. I collected several while culling the population of Searing Heights earlier. There's three named Fire critters in the Heights, btw. A mephit, a hellhound, and a fire ele. Unfortunately they're all rares, so you'll have to be patient.

Matuse
07-19-2010, 10:55 PM

I have tried, and they do not.

Color of coin is only based on color of the monster. Nearly all monsters = White coin. RED NAMED ONLY (on ANY difficulty): Blue coin. Purple named (Which is basically Velah and the fire giant boss with the black dragon in the Tor) are the only ones who can drop purple coins. I've heard someone claim that Harry drops purple as well, but I have some doubts about that.

Difficulty doesn't matter. Level doesn't matter.