PDA

View Full Version : everytime they update something goes wrong

Gahlamair
02-04-2010, 08:10 AM
i've only been playin since sept, but every update has caused havoc with my acct. been vip since dec. and after this last update, i didn't have access to my monk toons. i have gone through the billing process twice! i have an email confirming my acct "upgrade" and had access to my toons again on tues. feb. 3rd, whence i proceeded to reincarnate (true reincarnation). Was playin with some Aussie buddies and got kicked from the world at approx 1:15 P.S.T (U.S.A.) now when i try to log in i have been reverted back to premium acct and cant access reincarnated toon. anybody else experiencing this problem? i have had to redownload the entire game after update 1, had acct issues... u name it. this is bs. i pay for this. think some compensation should be forthcoming. free ddo pts. or something.... anybody got any ideas let me know. ive submitted formal through turdbind and also ingame ticket. any help would be great. i know there are peeps in forums workin for these schmucks so if u can post a link that would b helpful

Madwad
02-04-2010, 08:14 AM
sorry to hear you have problems, but have you checked you Account status via the My Account link ? douse it say you are subscribed or FTP ? if it says you are FTP i would give Customer accounts a call to sort it out.

MAd

Soldack
02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Clearly this update was not ready and it was rushed to market...

Thurgrim
02-04-2010, 08:24 AM
I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Without knowing the details of your payments to upgrade your account, I would have to surmise that a possible problem occurred while billing (a payment didn't get received or credit card billing issue). This would cause a drop down to Premium status. Check with billing to make sure everything is in order.

As for issues that occur during updates, it is not exclusive to Turbine/DDO. I have been gaming for nearly 12 years since UO first came out and have played dozens of online MMORPGs in that time. I have never found a game that can roll out large updates without issues arising (new content breaking old content, bugs, exploits, unbalancing, etc).

At least they are moving forward and attempting to address some of the issues players have mentioned as concerns. Bear with them.

Gahlamair
02-04-2010, 08:29 AM
as i stated, been vip for couple months. no probs. but since update it kicks acct down to premiun status. i started f2p, bought some packages and pts. but I HAVE EMAIL CONFORMATION that my acct. is upgraded to vip again, twice, now. no money but the $15 has been subtracted from my card, but getting kicked? and how many times i gotta go through this? any links to peeps that really know what is goin on would be helpful. as far as tryin to call them...iv'e tried in the past and thats a flat waste of time. if you can get through, u had better luck than i. i think they got like 2 peeps answering the phone cuz i was on hold for a fortnight and then got dc.

Sirea
02-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Clearly this update was not ready and it was rushed to market...

Because that never happens :p

Gahlamair
02-04-2010, 08:34 AM
I am sorry to hear about your troubles. Without knowing the details of your payments to upgrade your account, I would have to surmise that a possible problem occurred while billing (a payment didn't get received or credit card billing issue). This would cause a drop down to Premium status. Check with billing to make sure everything is in order.

As for issues that occur during updates, it is not exclusive to Turbine/DDO. I have been gaming for nearly 12 years since UO first came out and have played dozens of online MMORPGs in that time. I have never found a game that can roll out large updates without issues arising (new content breaking old content, bugs, exploits, unbalancing, etc).

At least they are moving forward and attempting to address some of the issues players have mentioned as concerns. Bear with them.

thanks,that was helpful. but should i try again? do i go through the billing process again and hope it sticks this time? i sent official ticket through turdbind but says it could take 1-2 weeks for a reply. what would u do?

Heffty_Smurf
02-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah man, thats a bummer but realistically you will get used to it. Awesome game when things are going smoothly but aside from the last 2 updates which they kept the player base completely in the dark until they were done and ready to go....for a year, they usually promise a lot and deliver a fair ammount of it but never all. And for the next few days there is frequent downtime and issues. Its been that way since the begining and though from a customer service perspective , one would think that they would work the bugs out on the test server until they had it down 100% but they just dont, so u will be disappointed at some things but dont dwell on them look at the bright side....there is ice skating :D

AZgreentea
02-04-2010, 09:27 AM
I havent looked recently (a day or three), but I could swear I have seen an issue with VIP accounts skipping premium and going straight to F2P when they are downgraded (yes, I realize you didnt downgrade). There is a thread to post them on so that they can get resolved someplace in the Technical support page. If you post on that, they might fix it (presuming the ticket you submitted dosent work).

Thurgrim
02-04-2010, 04:47 PM
thanks,that was helpful. but should i try again? do i go through the billing process again and hope it sticks this time? i sent official ticket through turdbind but says it could take 1-2 weeks for a reply. what would u do?

Well starting an official ticket was the correct start. I left for a couple years and then came back recently and contacted customer support using a link I believe I found on the web page when you can't remember your password (heck...I couldn't even remember my username after 2 years!)

They did respond back in a couple of days and gave me the information I needed to recover my old account. With the roll out of a new update and many people most likely having issues (typical of games with new updates), I would expect that the response might take a bit longer than normal as they are probably flooded with requests at the moment.

I can say this, that once they responded, I was able to continue on an email "conversation" back and forth with prompt responses from them answering all of my silly questions (for example...I used to play on Fernia and, well...it no longer existed and I didn't know what happened to my chars).

I am at work now but when I get home I will poke around and see if I can find a link to the billing department for you. It would be the next route I would take because it seems like something on their end keeps reflagging your account. When you get through, make sure you can let them know what dates/amounts were deducted so that they can do a verification on their end that the funds went through and were correctly applied to your account.