PDA

View Full Version : How About a Challenge?

Knowtime
02-03-2010, 07:50 PM
I've been playing for about 2 months, and love the game. I've noticed however, that there's a lot of zerg groups. I like joining these groups, but there is usually absolutely no challenge involved.

My suggestion is - Allow monsters and enemy casters to charm, dominate, suggest player characters. Yes, this would mean that you're beloved barbarian, who just a moment ago was mowing down enemies, just failed a save and is heading straight for you! Or your cleric just got dominated and is healing the enemy! Fun times :-)

Doesn't have to be crazy hard or long. Allow for the player to attempt to save every 3 seconds or so, perhaps scaling for hard/elite.

It could make for some memorable adventures, perhaps force a bit more strategy into zerg runs, and generally enhance the fun aspect of gameplay.

Anybody think this would be cool?

Visty
02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
that is already in game, mindflayers and vampires can dominate players, though its like a stun then
making them actually turning against the party would be fatal as players are balanced against mobs, not against other players

sirdanile
02-03-2010, 08:05 PM
uh oh I rolled a 1...

*turns with manyshot at 10 seconds towards party cleric*

mehehe

Knowtime
02-03-2010, 08:13 PM
uh oh I rolled a 1...

*turns with manyshot at 10 seconds towards party cleric*

mehehe

That's exactly what I'm talking about :-) It wouldn't have to be party wiping, just force the party to re-adjust until the player makes the save! If someone does end up on being attacked by their former BFF Fighter dual wielding vorpals, it would be pray time :-) Or a caster could attempt to hold the charmed party member until the enemy spell wore off.

I'm new to DDO (pnp for years), so I feel a little off about saying that the quests get a little humdrum after a while. I just thought this idea could spice certain quests up a little, and maybe the developers could even devise a questline based off this idea. It could possibly be one of the most challenging in the game, and would require decent loot at the end :-)

CE2JRH123
02-04-2010, 01:09 AM
PUG Epic/Elite Shavarath with strangers.

If you're on Thelanis, I'd be happy to look you up.