PDA

View Full Version : what does "end game " mean

Pedsdmd
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I hear everybody talking about it, can someone explain please?

Gunga
02-02-2010, 09:08 PM
That's when you're guild starts coordinating Risk night.

sirgog
02-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I'd call it the content that's too tough to be taken on by level 20 characters unless they use tactics.

That means Tower of Despair (particularly Hard/Elite), Shroud Elite, all Epic dungeons and raids, and Amrath quests on elite.

captain1z
02-02-2010, 09:14 PM

De ja vu?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=225035

Oh and welcome to DDO, dont drink any potions w/o labels.

Borror0
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM

It's the term referring to activities done by characters once they have hit the level cap (20 in this case).

If you ever come across another term you don't know, check the wiki's glossary: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary

rjedi
02-02-2010, 09:49 PM
i consider it when you hit cap level and do quest that would be challenging

If you ever come across another term you don't know, check the wiki's glossary: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
I think this might be a plug :rolleyes: +1 but you forgot the h

Borror0
02-02-2010, 10:04 PM
you forgot the h
/jedimindtrick This never happened.

Or, to channel Tolero, *amnesia dust in the face*

Pedsdmd
02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
thanks guys

Is there any plans for level 21-40? like on NWN?

Borror0
02-02-2010, 11:42 PM
thanks guys

They'll most likely do that one day, but it would be in their interest to wait at least a year. They are trying to make the game more friendly to new players, and they have to put at least some energy in keeping the hardcore players around. That's a lot of work, so it's best not to split themselves thinner than that.

MrWizard
02-03-2010, 07:54 AM
thanks guys

I can see it now....

"Hey, no one wants my 20 pally / 10 ranger / 10 sorc....but I can solo shroud on elite with him!!!"

"remember when we spent all those months getting that old useless dragontouch armor back at cap 16?"
"shroud? might as well run tempest, no good loot in there. I want my prestige epic +30 metalline crafted vorpal/smiter/ghosttouch/disrupting greater banish superior trip with the triple max/empowered mass cure double heal dagger with 10-20 crit range on it. Just need on more run in demi-god raid to get item."

Maybe by then they will sell higher level wands and scrolls?

"hey guys, I need to respec my 400 fighter enhancements, be back in about an hour"

williamsond
02-03-2010, 08:01 AM
If we ever do get epic level toons (21-40) like in NWN, i hope they keep the DEV Critical feat, i used to love my Barbarian character in NWN smiting bosses and dragons with a single blow , it really brought the fighter classes up to the same level as the uber powerfull caster toons. Oh and dragon shape for the druids was always nice too :)