PDA

View Full Version : Arcane/Divine character idea

technoshaman
02-02-2010, 06:54 AM
I am thinking of doing a multiclass character with arcane and divine classes and I know one the classes will be a cleric but for the arcane class not sure of. Any ideas which? Is it even possible or workable to do this in DDO?

Sirea
02-02-2010, 07:20 AM
First you have to tell us what you want this build to do, so we can guide you properly.

If you want an arcane that can self-heal, you can make a warforged caster, or a caster with enough UMD to use heal scrolls. It's not necessary to include a "healing" class for the ability to self-heal.

Stonen
02-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Is it even possible or workable to do this in DDO?
It is possible, but NOT workable in DDO. This is one of the few multiclass combo's that can't be made to work in ddo.

I think you better go pure cleric, because they have some neat spells that resemble arcane casting ability on higher level. Max you wis and you can damage, CC and instakill too.

Visty
02-02-2010, 07:44 AM
It is possible, but NOT workable in DDO. This is one of the few multiclass combo's that can't be made to work in ddo.
i have a cleric11/wiz7/mnk2 melee build which works quite well

just because you cant build it doesnt mean it doesnt work

Anderei
02-02-2010, 07:49 AM
I am thinking of doing a multiclass character with arcane and divine classes and I know one the classes will be a cleric but for the arcane class not sure of. Any ideas which? Is it even possible or workable to do this in DDO?

Just make a pure bard, you will have access to (a selection of) devine and arcane spells.

Kriogen
02-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Something like Cleric12/Wizard6/Monk2 or Cleric11/Wizard7/Monk2 works. But not as caster. It works as melee with buffs and some damage spells. So Battle Priest/Mage, not Caster with DC based spells.

As Battle it works. Not uber. It is fun tho.

Wizard, Cleric have an advantage for this because of faster spell progression vs Sorc/FvS. Extra feats Wizards get also helps.

Small note: avoid PUGs.

Kriogen
02-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Just make a pure bard, you will have access to (a selection of) devine and arcane spells.
But no Blade Barrier!

But yeah, it is a Bard that swaped Song for Blades or Wall of Fire :)

technoshaman
02-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I was thinking of doing blaster type that deal with undead (turn undead ability).

Anderei
02-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I was thinking of doing blaster type that deal with undead (turn undead ability).

When you want to do offensive casting you want to stay pure! (at least mostly 1 or 2 lvls splash can be worth it in some builds)

Arcanes can deal with undead already, ... firewall
Undeads aren't that important in Eberron past the Necropolis anyway.