PDA

View Full Version : Few random questions =)

frailboy
02-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Hi,

I've done some reading on the forums but have a few questions if people could help me out, thanks.

1. Is the only way to unlock warforged by purchasing in ddo store?

2. Let's say I multiclass and want to cast magic missile(just an example) at end game, I wouldn't need spell pen or a good DC from caster levels right? Spells like that auto dmg and auto bypass spell resist?

3. Using the character planner I tried to take a feat that required dexterity, but the planner wouldn't let me use dex from race and class enhancements to qualify for the prerequisite, is that true in game or error in planner programming? i.e. start with 13 dex get 1 more from race 1 more from class(15 now) and the planner says I cannot take a dex 15 feat.

4. So archery is bad or I should say archery dps is bad, many people say so on the forums. What exactly is the problem with it? Don't fire enough arrows at once, individual arrows don't hit hard enough, etc. (And I'm curious about firing arrows all the time, like when manyshot is on cooldown)

5. Where do you buy food in the starting town? LOL

Trillea
02-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Hi,

I've done some reading on the forums but have a few questions if people could help me out, thanks.

1. Is the only way to unlock warforged by purchasing in ddo store?

Either that or pay your $15/mo for subscription.

2. Let's say I multiclass and want to cast magic missile(just an example) at end game, I wouldn't need spell pen or a good DC from caster levels right? Spells like that auto dmg and auto bypass spell resist?

Yes, most damage spells automatically bypass spell resistance, making ones like Disintegrate a must-have for casters against constructs.

3. Using the character planner I tried to take a feat that required dexterity, but the planner wouldn't let me use dex from race and class enhancements to qualify for the prerequisite, is that true in game or error in planner programming? i.e. start with 13 dex get 1 more from race 1 more from class(15 now) and the planner says I cannot take a dex 15 feat.

This is as ingame, and is intended. Only starting stats, levelup points, and tomes count towards prerequisites for feats.

4. So archery is bad or I should say archery dps is bad, many people say so on the forums. What exactly is the problem with it? Don't fire enough arrows at once, individual arrows don't hit hard enough, etc. (And I'm curious about firing arrows all the time, like when manyshot is on cooldown)

The rate of fire is abysmal in DDO. Manyshot makes this not true for 20 sec out of 2 min, but otherwise ranged is absolutely NOT the way to go if you are looking for DPS.

5. Where do you buy food in the starting town? LOL

In the bar, talk to the bartender's wife. The more expensive the food, the faster you heal.

responses in GREEN

frailboy
02-01-2010, 03:21 AM
Thank you for the response =)

r3dl4nce
02-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Manyshot is 20 seconds every 2 minutes

frailboy
02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Ok so revisiting question number 5.

The food in the tavern is only useable in the tavern right? Where do I get food that I can eat while in an instance? I got some ham as a quest reward, I think, and ate it already, looking for someplace to get something like that, thanks.

Flasharte
02-01-2010, 05:07 PM
you will need to use potions or wands to get back hp, or a shrine. Generally, food doesn't work in the instances, special ham is the exception, but its generaly not available.

Trillea
02-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Ok so revisiting question number 5.

The food in the tavern is only useable in the tavern right? Where do I get food that I can eat while in an instance? I got some ham as a quest reward, I think, and ate it already, looking for someplace to get something like that, thanks.

The only (reliable?) way to get ham is either buying from DDO store or farming chaos orbs in Xorian Cypher, which is more likely to kill you than give you tasty ham. If you have a character high enough level to get into a XC group, and you REALLY want ham, make sure you have deathblock, every resist energy spell, every protection from energy spell (especially cold for against polar ray), and every other protective spell you can think of. It helps if you are Warforged, and also helps to be on normal difficulty. Just find a chaos orb while all your protections are up and repeatedly run through it until either a) you die or b) you get enough hams (you will know you get a ham by the "cheering" animation.) This is really only effective with a higher level character getting them for a lower level one however.