PDA

View Full Version : are there any healers out there

chaltom
01-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Wow,

The one thing I really noticed about the switch of our guild to orien server....Were in the hell are all the healers....200 DPs 100 tanks and enough archers to fill my house....were are all the healers...

if your a healer and can bring em back if they fall...give a shout here...make me feel like I do not need to power grind a fvs to 20.....

plz haha

newvita

Sirea
01-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Why does no one in your guild have a healer?

Impaqt
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
1: Learn how to be more self Sufficient. Most quest inthis game do not require a healer at all.

2: If no one in your guild want to play a Healer thats usually a pretty good reason for that. See Point #1.

Crazyfruit
02-01-2010, 12:17 AM
There are more than enough healers/clerics/etc at high levels. Orien actually needs more dps/tank types :)

Hellllboy
02-01-2010, 07:22 AM
Comming from a guy that has 6 healers on this server-I havent noticed the deficit.

What I have noticed is that there are very few competent Rog's out there. I end up having my group run through traps and heal vs. sitting for an hour in search of someone to disable.

Slink
02-01-2010, 07:48 AM
I think he means there is a deficit in "competent" healers.

I couldnt agree more.
Most leave me wishing to file for malpractice...

Post weds shrouds are going to be in for a big suprise but I cant wait to see the party wipes.
Enough to make Hordo proud I say.

LordMond
02-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Well, not to flog the decesased equine life form (well, maybe a couple of times if no one is watching), but my observation was and continues to be that there is a real lack of midlevel groups on this server. I'm referring to levels between 7 and 8 and 13 or 14. I know because I have 6 toons in this level range that haven't made much progress since the demise of the 20% xp boost for the holidays.

I do know that my Bard has had to main heal a few times and that's never a good thing. But a Bard's healing (and a wand-whipping Rogue, Paladin or Ranger too I suppose) beats no healing at all.

Xeriphim
02-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Comming from a guy that has 6 healers on this server-I havent noticed the deficit.

What I have noticed is that there are very few competent Rog's out there. I end up having my group run through traps and heal vs. sitting for an hour in search of someone to disable.

No ... You ussually have me run one a my monks through the traps to be the sacrifical Hamster . Soooo mean . Maybe it's karma for me always turning the simple milk run quests into elite milk runs ^.

Hellllboy
02-01-2010, 10:17 PM
No ... You ussually have me run one a my monks through the traps to be the sacrifical Hamster . Soooo mean . Maybe it's karma for me always turning the simple milk run quests into elite milk runs ^.

Ha!!! Ya see here kids! There’s a lesson to be learned...

Save a Monk-Make a Rog! :rolleyes:

On a side note-I just wanted to say thanks to the Wonderful Rog. we grouped with last night. You are a credit to your Class and a great contributor to our group!

GorumT
02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
This is a old MMO story. Not many people who play these games want to be a pocket healer standing behind the rest of the party throwing heals from one shrine to the next. That would be why there are Merc Clerics you can buy, and the very few people who enjoy playing as above will level easily compared to other more enjoyable roles. As one person told me when I asked how they always got a group, "Everyone wants a Cleric".

All that aside however, most instances at low and mid level can be done without a Cleric pocket healer, if people use tactics such as fighting in doorways against large groups of mobs, or useing pillars to block range mobs point of view while fighting melee mobs. Traps can be disarmed by Rogues. Wizards and other casters have many of the same buff spells as Clerics, as well as the Summon Monster spells.

Complaining about a lack of Healers is like complaining that there is no whipcreame on your pie.

Tulnavara
02-02-2010, 10:27 AM
This is a old MMO story. Not many people who play these games want to be a pocket healer standing behind the rest of the party throwing heals from one shrine to the next. That would be why there are Merc Clerics you can buy, and the very few people who enjoy playing as above will level easily compared to other more enjoyable roles. As one person told me when I asked how they always got a group, "Everyone wants a Cleric".

All that aside however, most instances at low and mid level can be done without a Cleric pocket healer, if people use tactics such as fighting in doorways against large groups of mobs, or useing pillars to block range mobs point of view while fighting melee mobs. Traps can be disarmed by Rogues. Wizards and other casters have many of the same buff spells as Clerics, as well as the Summon Monster spells.

Complaining about a lack of Healers is like complaining that there is no whipcreame on your pie.

But I won't eat pie without whipped cream.

GorumT
02-02-2010, 10:32 AM
But I won't eat pie without whipped cream.

Well, I'm more of a Cake person myself, though I do love a good Pecan Pie, and Pecan Pie I can eat with or without whipped cream. I guess that is the point of my analogy. To most people this game is fun, regardless of a Cleric in the party or not. :)

Srilania
02-03-2010, 10:22 PM
We exist. We just get tired of getting taken advantage of. how are we taken advantage of?

1. "stop casting offensive spells, sit back, and heal us"- So, we're supposed to sit there, bored out of our minds, while you all have the fun? No offense, but that's BORING! We have blade barrier, destruction, cometfall, firestorm, and many other OFFENSIVE spells. We should not be expected to sit there like lumps wiping the drool off your chins.
2. "Use your wands/mana pots/scrolls"- Ummmmm, what? I rarely have enough plat to keep my gear from falling apart. We have all the same expenses you all do. Materials for spells can get outrageous. The spell Death Pact alone costs us over 1k to cast each time. Many of us simply can't afford to whip out a stack of potions, scrolls, and wands, especially if you are pigs on our spellpoints.
3. "You can get any group you want, so you should be preflagged for raids"- Well, last I saw, it takes 5 other players. I don't know how many times I've been in a group, and it fell apart for want of a rogue or firewalling sorcerer.
4. "Why didn't you heal me?"- Well, speedy gonzales, if you hadn't run around a corner, or waaaaay up ahead, I just MIGHT have been able to heal you. And you, heal pigs, we DO have a cooldown on our healing spells. Yes, buffed and properly equipped, my level 15 cleric can sploosh out a 450HP heal. But, when 3 of you are taking massive damage, I can't heal you all at once. All I can do is spam my mass cures and hit one of you with the big heal, and hope the others survive.
So, how to get the healers to stop hiding? Here's some simple tips:
Got a nice SP pot, wand, scroll, or item that your healer can use? Give it to us. Offer to buy us some of our needed things.
Got some healing pots or healing foods? USE THEM when we aren't in combat. I don't know how many times I've healed groups that sat there staring at me to heal up a paltry 10% of their health bar, yet when I'm out of SP, wands, and scrolls, whip out their healing pots and yell at me for not managing my SP better, even if all I did was heal people.
Remember your healer when things are gotten from kills. Ice tokens, and other likely things in the future, ONLY drop into your inventory if you kill the creature. So when getting these things, make sure your healer gets some too.
If you're having troubles finding healers for those all important raids, see if you can help healers who are not flagged get flagged. We want to go there too.
DO NOT BE HEAL PIGS. If you're taking massive damage, back off and let others shield you. Give the healer time to heal you back up, or even take a moment to chug a potion yourself. Each heal cast is one less heal, blade barrier, cometfall, rez, restore, or other thing needed later.
Other Mana users, you realize most of us take a high charisma and the Divine Vitality talent, giving you back SP. Don't skimp on the buffs! One stoneskin or blur makes less work for the healer.
NO RUNNING OFF! I'll say this again. NO RUNNING OFF! If you can't see us, we can't see or heal you. And quit your yammering how we should keep up. We sacrifice run speed and jumping ability to be able to heal. So stop running off. Keep with your healer.

AND SAY THANK YOU! We work hard and sacrifice a lot to make sure the rest of you stay alive, so we can get the place done.

Slink
02-03-2010, 11:26 PM
We exist. We just get tired of getting taken advantage of. how are we taken advantage of?

1. We should not be expected to sit there like lumps wiping the drool off your chins.
Yes, you should.
2. "Use your wands/mana pots/scrolls"- Ummmmm, what? I rarely have enough plat to keep my gear from falling apart. We have all the same expenses you all do. Materials for spells can get outrageous. The spell Death Pact alone costs us over 1k to cast each time. Many of us simply can't afford to whip out a stack of potions, scrolls, and wands, especially if you are pigs on our spellpoints.
If youre short on plat playing cleric, youre doing it wrong.
See deleted portion of your first point as to how to stay rich on a cleric.
Don't use deathpact...heal yourself before the lousy melee.
I never have less than 300 mcm/ 100 heal scrolls at any given moment.
3. "You can get any group you want, so you should be preflagged for raids"- Well, last I saw, it takes 5 other players. I don't know how many times I've been in a group, and it fell apart for want of a rogue or firewalling sorcerer.
Thats the thing, you dont need the group.
It's more fun in a group but also more expensive.
4. "Why didn't you heal me?"- Well, speedy gonzales, if you hadn't run around a corner, or waaaaay up ahead, I just MIGHT have been able to heal you. And you, heal pigs, we DO have a cooldown on our healing spells. Yes, buffed and properly equipped, my level 15 cleric can sploosh out a 450HP heal. But, when 3 of you are taking massive damage, I can't heal you all at once. All I can do is spam my mass cures and hit one of you with the big heal, and hope the others survive.
Forget using heal spell/scroll unless someone is very low (>30%)
Mass cure is much more efficient. Mass heal is even worse.
The biggest gripe I have with newb clerics is utilizing mass heal in a raid setting.
It is probably one of the worst spells a divine caster could have and always the last spell I mem.
So, how to get the healers to stop hiding? Here's some simple tips:
Got a nice SP pot, wand, scroll, or item that your healer can use? Give it to us. Offer to buy us some of our needed things.
Got some healing pots or healing foods? USE THEM when we aren't in combat. I don't know how many times I've healed groups that sat there staring at me to heal up a paltry 10% of their health bar, yet when I'm out of SP, wands, and scrolls, whip out their healing pots and yell at me for not managing my SP better, even if all I did was heal people.
If ppl are yelling at you about being out of mana it is time to recall and tell them to heal themselves, if they can make it to the next shrine.
Remember your healer when things are gotten from kills. Ice tokens, and other likely things in the future, ONLY drop into your inventory if you kill the creature. So when getting these things, make sure your healer gets some too.
If you're having troubles finding healers for those all important raids, see if you can help healers who are not flagged get flagged. We want to go there too.
DO NOT BE HEAL PIGS. If you're taking massive damage, back off and let others shield you. Give the healer time to heal you back up, or even take a moment to chug a potion yourself. Each heal cast is one less heal, blade barrier, cometfall, rez, restore, or other thing needed later.
Make more room in your backpack, drop deathpact and leave the diamond slot for a soulstone.
Other Mana users, you realize most of us take a high charisma and the Divine Vitality talent, giving you back SP. Don't skimp on the buffs! One stoneskin or blur makes less work for the healer.
DV is worthless, if you have beyond a 17 chr at endgame (includes +3 tome) save us all the trouble and reroll now.
NO RUNNING OFF! I'll say this again. NO RUNNING OFF! If you can't see us, we can't see or heal you. And quit your yammering how we should keep up. We sacrifice run speed and jumping ability to be able to heal. So stop running off. Keep with your healer.
I tell them to try and keep up.

AND SAY THANK YOU! We work hard and sacrifice a lot to make sure the rest of you stay alive, so we can get the place done.
This I can agree with.

Updated in red.

S.

Cupcake
02-04-2010, 08:55 AM

Many people have stated the same. My poor rogue is only lvl 6 LOL.

LordMond
02-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Just started my second Cleric and planning him to be a pure Cleric all the way to 20.

I'm one of those odd cats who actually enjoys standing back and healing/buffing and debuffing, trying to keep the party alive. Sure, I'll occasionally smack something upside the head with my mace or toss a Hold or Command, but I see my primary role in the group as keeping everyone else alive. The Barb does more dps than I do (at least he'd better, right?)? The tank can absorb punishment better than I can. The Rogue....well I might actually be as good as he is at finding traps (in my case by setting them off) but he's better at dealing with them safely than I am. The casters are....well OK I can't think of much they're better at than I am (depends on the player I suppose). But chances are pretty good that I can heal better than any of them can (again, that can be equipment dependant, that I grant). If I don't mind (actually enjoy) that part of the game, why not perform that role to the best of my ability?

Look for Nichievo (my FTR/CLR- but yes he CAN heal) or Adamyr in game. You'll get my best efforts at keeping you alive and know that I'm not going to be bored silly watching healthbars.

Srilania
02-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Rebuttals to the red text

1. No, if you just want a nannybot healer, go to the hireling vendor and buy one. We aren't robots. Just heal heal heal is not 100% of what we can do.

2. I always run short on plat. Many groups just expect me to have the things they need, and more often than not, I'm stuck paying the tab. I do my best, but leveling as a cleric is an expensive business.

3. You realize a lot of places later in the game require more than a soloist, often needing 3 or 4 people, and some require specialized classes or special skills. Like it or not, you'll need others.

4. I did not say mass heal. I have the regular old heal, and mass cures. And i do know not to throw a 300-450HP heal on someone who's only down a quarter bar. I'm not a stupid healer. Mass heal is the emergency panic button, used only if all party members are going down fast, not a spam around.

Just poof out? You realize that doing that just gets people deciding you are ragequitting, and gets the blackball rolling. Good players might hear about how some cleric ragequits leaving people stranded, and boom, you're stuck with no groups. Easier to tell people where the bear sits, than wait till deep inside, and be in the wrong too.

DV is worthless? REALLY? One of the most demanded talents in groups and you deem it worthless? Shows what you know.

Keep up. Yeah. Right. Other classes have a high run speed and crack out on haste, often leaving the healer to run from behind.

Cupcake
02-04-2010, 01:47 PM

1. No, if you just want a nannybot healer, go to the hireling vendor and buy one. We aren't robots. Just heal heal heal is not 100% of what we can do.

2. I always run short on plat. Many groups just expect me to have the things they need, and more often than not, I'm stuck paying the tab. I do my best, but leveling as a cleric is an expensive business.

3. You realize a lot of places later in the game require more than a soloist, often needing 3 or 4 people, and some require specialized classes or special skills. Like it or not, you'll need others.

4. I did not say mass heal. I have the regular old heal, and mass cures. And i do know not to throw a 300-450HP heal on someone who's only down a quarter bar. I'm not a stupid healer. Mass heal is the emergency panic button, used only if all party members are going down fast, not a spam around.

Just poof out? You realize that doing that just gets people deciding you are ragequitting, and gets the blackball rolling. Good players might hear about how some cleric ragequits leaving people stranded, and boom, you're stuck with no groups. Easier to tell people where the bear sits, than wait till deep inside, and be in the wrong too.

DV is worthless? REALLY? One of the most demanded talents in groups and you deem it worthless? Shows what you know.

Keep up. Yeah. Right. Other classes have a high run speed and crack out on haste, often leaving the healer to run from behind.

I am in agreement with your viewpoint.

gwlech
02-04-2010, 02:04 PM
One of the biggest issues I have running a cleric character is that so few players actually have any desire to put some effort into their characters.

I am currently in Gianthold with a lvl 14 cleric. When I first took him there, I decided, hell, i'll pick up a pug or two to get some practice (I had mostly soloed him up to this point). My experience was at the least bit, awful and quite plat intensive...nobody had heavy fort and all had less than ~150 hps...the lvl 13 paladin with 130 hps and no fort even considered himself a "tank"...as well as the lvl 12 wizard with 80ish hps.

IMO EVERY CLASS should have a BARE MINIMUM of 200 hps and 100% fort before they even step into gianthold...yes this is very easy, by level 11! even for a "squishy arcane" (but this is besides the point). When my most efficient healing spell by far does 266 every shot for a meagre 35 sps, im wasting it on gimps by seriously overhealing them constantly, forcing me to use consumables to keep them going.

Since then, I have soloed him through every side quest with NO shrine camping, and even did POP with a hireling as a lever puller, all without having to use sp pots, and buying only a couple of CSW wands to top myself off with between fights.

Because the lowest common denominator in many quests ends up being half the group or more, its just easier, faster and cheaper to solo the same **** these gimps NEED a healer for. (and yes, I've gone the totally solo route through all Gianthold quests at level 3 times so far...sorc, bard, cleric) and more than often, its just easier to do it myself than drag along people who have no desire to gear up their characters with the essentials that everyone should be carrying.

Other than with guildies, I go totally anon, as I do get tired of the nagging tells I get every time I decide to roll a cleric...and I more often that not come close to getting myself in trouble by losing my cool on pikers. Anyone reading this post and wondering why there doesn't seem to be any good healers...should see this information as a key factor.

Slink
02-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Rebuttals to the red text rebubbutal in red

That is exactly my point.
Wipe their snotty noses and drool from their chins with a solid greater command/banishment/slayliving/cometfall/destruction/implosion, etc.
Don't let Mr. Moronic Melee determine your playstyle, you determine theirs.
If someone is going down fast and refuses to back out, tough ****!

Again, you are letting the others in your groups determine your playstyle.
Utilize the spellcasting ability you have to prevent healing being a neccesity outside of raid scenarios.

Not really. They need you more than you need them.

Nor did I say you use mass heal. I said it was one of my greatest pet peaves at endgame raiding.
Throwing a heal for 500 pts onto the 300 pt fighter is overkill.
Dictate to your group that you expect them to fight mobs in a group.
If you can convince them to fight mobs in groups you will be better suited to utilize your CC spells more efficiently.
Also they will benefit from mass cure as a group.
If they die separated, tough ****, too bad for them.

The good players will understand your frustration.
If someone is going to bicker at me about their lack of playstyle, tough ****.
Heal yourself.
Don't let the group dictate your game, you dictate theirs.

Yes, DV is worthless.
It does show what I know.
Once again you use that term 'demand'.
Seems to me you let the people you group with dictate the way you play your character.
If you cant make them stop telling you how to play, you will continue to be frustrated and broke.

You dont need to keep up if youre always in front.

Good Luck.

Hellllboy
02-04-2010, 03:20 PM
The Cleric/FvS is the proverbial leader of most groups-they dictate what accomplishments can be done and how they should be completed. They are the life line when a party gets into trouble. Don’t ever let a group tell you how to play your healer.

If the Healer is attempting to instruct forward line players how things are going to go down in a quest-the only person that can be held responsible for failure are the players that do not listen. This is usually indicated by the # of deaths listed in your quest details or the bag of soul stones you carry to a shrine.

Lirial
02-04-2010, 04:56 PM

Ignore Slink, i agree with everything you said , Slink has his own way of playing a cleric because hes a "pro mr know-it-all" , and self professed soloer. you should play the way it suits you. not the way it suits everyone else. as far as clerics in my group , you take care of me (heals, minor buffs, dvs) i take care of you (buffs and anything else at my disposal to benefit the party, yes this includes haste) not everyone will give you grief because you dont fit the norm or do it "the right way" if they do they arent worth your time and you should just drop group. :) all i ever ask for from a healer is give it your best shot and have fun :)

If you prefer to use offensive spells by all means please do so. there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and to see slink saying that there is i find laughable. namely because hes a soloist as i said and he is always casting offensive spells and isnt being a healbot for anyone.

like i said, ignore him, he just thinks he knows it all half the time hes too sloshed on booze to realize what it is hes actually spewing out . blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol! :rolleyes:

Mirta
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
If the Healer is attempting to instruct forward line players how things are going to go down in a quest-the only person that can be held responsible for failure are the players that do not listen.

i lol'd hard. Healers aren't necessarily more exp'd or intelligent.

Slink
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Coming from the lvl 15 6 con 0% fort wiz...
That thinks open lock is a int based skill...

haha

Lirial
02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Coming from the lvl 15 6 con 0% fort wiz...
That thinks open lock is a int based skill...

haha

lvl 16 and actually i rerolled after my stint with paradox, lots more con now, i also wear a belt of moderate fort fort as well but ty for your concern :) and youre right i was wrong about the open lock, i was thinking of another rogue ability at the time :p

drink to that why doncha? :p

Hellllboy
02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
i lol'd hard. Healers aren't necessarily more exp'd or intelligent.

Healers are not more experienced or intelligent (I totally agree)-but they can do something no other class can do-keep you all alive when it hits the fan.

So listen to them when they speak. ;)

Slink
02-04-2010, 06:22 PM
lvl 16 and actually i rerolled after my stint with paradox, lots more con now, i also wear a belt of moderate fort fort as well but ty for your concern :) and youre right i was wrong about the open lock, i was thinking of another rogue ability at the time :p

drink to that why doncha? :p

I don't drink much anymore.
It was the only way to deal with some of our ex-members, really. ;)

Lirial
02-04-2010, 06:53 PM

oh you wound me sir

Mysterium
02-04-2010, 08:00 PM

Don't listen to him. He gets raging drunk and beats us. Then he makes us all run dreaming dark.

Thorzian
02-04-2010, 08:12 PM
rofl it took 3 whole posts before the "be more self sufficient" tool shows up.

you don't need a healer! just gimp up you're entire parties dps to heal yourselves!! run around like idiots wand whipping or have like a 0 jump, balance or some other usefull skill to max out your umd to use a heal scroll. of course, you'll need to lower con or strength or something else usefull to get some charisma to get that umd. less hp means even more self healing! yay! wow, if only there was only 1 member of the party that worried about healing and the rest could actually spend their time killing the mobs. all the cleric/fvs's get religated to that role in raids anyway, they may as well be used to it.

Black_Canary
02-05-2010, 02:31 AM
This is good light hearted constructive critisism.

at least 7 con next time Lirial? :p

Bufo_Alvarius
02-05-2010, 09:39 AM
The Cleric/FvS is the proverbial leader of most groups-they dictate what accomplishments can be done and how they should be completed. They are the life line when a party gets into trouble. Don’t ever let a group tell you how to play your healer.

If the Healer is attempting to instruct forward line players how things are going to go down in a quest-the only person that can be held responsible for failure are the players that do not listen. This is usually indicated by the # of deaths listed in your quest details or the bag of soul stones you carry to a shrine.

What class type has caused more drama than any other in the history of MMOs?

Slink
02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
What class type has caused more drama than any other in the history of MMOs?

The barb sucking the mana pool dry?
;)

Lirial
02-05-2010, 02:25 PM
This is good light hearted constructive critisism.

at least 7 con next time Lirial? :p

i think my con is 16 with a +5 con item i wear normally so 21 give or take

EDIT: my con is 22 atm :p

Mysterium
02-06-2010, 12:09 AM
i think my con is 16 with a +5 con item i wear normally so 21 give or take

EDIT: my con is 22 atm :p

haste plz

Tulnavara
02-06-2010, 01:44 PM
The barb sucking the mana pool dry?
;)

NOM NOM NOM NOM Yummy heals.

Lirial
02-06-2010, 03:35 PM
con is 23 now :p just ate a +1 con tome hehe

NOM NOM NOM NOM

Hellllboy
02-12-2010, 09:28 PM
I revert back to my orig. statement...Healers are not the issue on this server-we need more Rog's. We waited almost an hour to find a Rog. for the Dragon Raid tonight. The poor guy came in with us and hooked us up (big time!)-only to accidently fall off during part 6.

I feel bad for him-but am grateful he was able to help us out.

Lirial
02-12-2010, 11:35 PM
well if people would stop turning people away simply because they already have a rogue or a splash rogue in their group and they dont see rogues as anything but trap monkeys its no wonder noone wants to play a rogue

Xeriphim
02-13-2010, 12:36 AM
I'd just settle for a comeptant rogue that actually doesn't drink the suck tap dry. When I've posted seeking a rogue for xxx raid for traps ... an the raids a level 14+ raid , the last thing I'm going to accept is a rogue who tells me thier search skill is 9 and they have a disable device skill of 11 an the rogues a 17th level rogue that claims there a trap monkey ....

Now if I already have a trap monkey an another rogue wants to join I won't turn them away as they can bring more to the table then traps . Just my experiance with pugging groups is scary enough that your better off picking up a second healer an just run the quest an carry the rez stones for those without evasion an die in the traps then waiting around for several hours for a rogue that may or may not be able to fill the party needs your advertising for .

You can post specificly what your looking for in party members an classes an Everytime I still get scrub noobs who will demand they get grouped an they end up being either 1) not able to enter raid because there not flagged , or 2) they simply never bought the adventure pack , or the most comical one of all , 3) they don't own the adventure pack an demand the group leader buys them a guest pass so they can do the quest ... Sorry but unless your a guild mate . If your too cheap to be a vip or buy the adventure pack . I'm not wasting my money for you to leach loot an exp .

then you got the whole quest share dependancy nitwits demand .... You pick up a pug an first things isn't hi or anything of the sort ... No , instead it's " SHARE QUEST !!!" . Umm dude it's a raid you need to be flagged for it ... Or Dude it's a walk up . An the scrubs still demand a quest share . Lazy and useless I got not time for . Prolly why I stoped pugging less I know the people or there guild mates . Or someone plain asked nicely for help .

Hellllboy
02-13-2010, 01:25 AM
well if people would stop turning people away simply because they already have a rogue or a splash rogue in their group and they dont see rogues as anything but trap monkeys its no wonder noone wants to play a rogue

I dont see this problem being generated by a "surplus" of Rogues on the server-thus generating a negative view of the class because they all could not be invited to the same group.

There just isn't any Rogues out there-Period.

Lirial
02-13-2010, 04:32 AM
not true. i play a rogue :P on my off days

LunaCee
02-13-2010, 06:15 AM
Oh there are rogues out there, some very very good ones too.

They mostly hide in the guild groups, or are rarely brought out because they are not the main character that person plays, or finally are on hold until they can loot the equipment to make an effective rogue.

Silverleafeon
03-15-2010, 08:04 PM
....where are all the healers...

Iliona favored soul 20

Cheribin soon to be favored soul 14 (formerly favored soul 12 / rogue 2 "healing trapbuster" who found that her quality healing was much more in demand than her expert trapmaster skills)

3E..Stumagoo..
03-22-2010, 08:45 AM
I looked at this thread because of the cleric comments and wait I see some rogue comments as well so I feel the need to comment on both.

First cleric. I have tried to build what I hoped was going to be a sorc with a small amount of cleric for emergencies, being cleric 3 sorc 1 (yep just starting out) I found at low lvls this toon works real well healing, please bear in mind healing was not its original purpose, I started playing with a pug of lvl5-7 for favour and some xp on my little lowly toon and they decided that I was doing so well into market place we went to do as much on elite as I we could, now imagine I get abused because I could not keep 4 tanks going who were always running off in rambo mode each in their own direction and expecting me, a lowly lvl3 healer to be able to keep them alive in quests where the average mob kills them in 4 hits,

This build was to be a sorc primary but due to the way classes are listed alphabetically all the see is cleric, at my current 14 wisdom I never intended to be a main healer just not a leech on a healer, this also was a try and see build as I was having trouble finding any similar builds listed on the net. (I expect that this character will not last I am getting a bit sick of it)

it boils down to this I see where being a heal bot is boring but I did not mind when it was within my meager abilities, when a crew get upset because they are idiots I can see why people dont want to be healers.

Rogues ....
My first toon is a rogue, I don't get to play often but I have no problems with the traps so far, my goal originally was to be the sneak attack maniac, and having read everywhere in the rogue forums don't go trapsmith like its some sort of second rate job I eventually respecced for trapsmith about lvl5 due to the youre a roogue you have to tgrap thats all we want, oh yeah so when the hell do I get to go on the quests with no traps, they dont need me there... this was a weeks debate with my guildies (who also were getting a bit peeved at all my kill steals lol) now lvl 9 I am able to start going back to my original plans and not be so trap orientated

I enjoy all my characters even tho I dont get as much time as I would like to play them, I find the expectations people place on any class due to preconceived ideals as to how a class should be built just p*** me off, if you want a healer built a certain way build it yourself and play it, the idea of a game like this is to build it your way, but if it does not work remember it is your build dont get down on others if you cant do what you planed for your build to do, my cleric/sorc has been rerolled 4 times before I got to lvl 3 and even if it is not the best healer I am happy so far where it is going ... thinking crowd control