PDA

View Full Version : The New Korthos Army Recruiting Station

Tammuz
01-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Our hearts and minds go out to our leader, whom is currently grieving over the recent loss of his father. Please keep in him in your prayers and your thoughts.

=========================

This thread is for 3 purposes.

1. For those of us who were members, and wish to rejoin the guild after we were sundered in act of vandalism.

Please post the name of your characters or your alts, and someone will attend to you.

2. For those of us who are both brand new and more experienced, and are looking to join a guild.

Korthos Army is intended to be an inclusive community that will teach and advise new players, and an active, friendly association for casual players seeking to quest, lvl, raid, craft, and Rule 0: Have Fun.

If you would like to join, post the name of your character(s) ITT and that you are requesting membership.

Whatever preconceptions you may have, dismiss them. Although it was unexpected, recent events have lead to what is effectively a New Korthos Army. The other officers and I have been discussing this as of recent, and things'll undoubtedly be done a bit differently than before.

3. We do ask that members be absent no more than three weeks without notice.

If you are going active, please post ITT, and let us know when you will return. If you go inactive without notice for more than 3 weeks, you will be removed, and mail should be sent to you as to why, when, and by whom.

~Officer Mijuu

Lyetisha
01-31-2010, 02:16 AM
Best of luck to you in this reboot of KA =)

revenftbm
01-31-2010, 09:14 PM
best of luck hope korthos army will be different... god bless to your leader

Mr_Ed7
01-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Yes.

Good-Luck.

Slugnutty
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM
How big (number of members) is the KA?

Lorien_the_First_One
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
How big (number of members) is the KA?

700ish characters until 24 hours ago, now 100ish

Hey OP, I'll join if I can be an Officer :D

transtemporal
02-03-2010, 12:02 AM
I liked the Darkside thread but my early prediction is that this one's gonna be better.

Atenhotep
02-03-2010, 02:13 AM
I would expect Turbine to take legal action against the individual who attacked Korthos Army. There is certainly valid cause for such action as it could lead to harm to their business.

HBene
02-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Actually I suspect that 90% of their members didn't even noticed they had no guild anymore :D

revenftbm
02-03-2010, 03:00 PM
korthos army has a new leader now lol.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Actually I suspect that 90% of their members didn't even noticed they had no guild anymore :D

lmao

+rep

Atenhotep
02-04-2010, 04:33 AM
The very first sentence of this thread:

Our hearts and minds go out to our leader, whom is currently grieving over the recent loss of his father

And some of you STILL have to post insults?

Wow.

Some of you are as low class as it gets.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-04-2010, 11:31 AM
The very first sentence of this thread:

And some of you STILL have to post insults?

Wow.

Some of you are as low class as it gets.

Hey if you can post legal nonsense then other people can post what they want too.

And no one is attacking or insulting any individual.

Also the fact that we feel bad that someone lost their father doesn't mean that we can't comment on anything in any way connected to them.

Atenhotep
02-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Hey if you can post legal nonsense then other people can post what they want too.

And no one is attacking or insulting any individual.

Also the fact that we feel bad that someone lost their father doesn't mean that we can't comment on anything in any way connected to them.

I like you and typically enjoy your posts but I strongly disagree with you and I also believe you are better than this. Not gonna argue with you about it though because frankly I think even you know you are wrong. Best Wishes, Aten

Gol
02-08-2010, 10:50 AM
I would expect Turbine to take legal action against the individual who attacked Korthos Army. There is certainly valid cause for such action as it could lead to harm to their business.LOL... that's a steamin' fresh pile if I've ever seen one...

toughguyjoe
02-08-2010, 12:40 PM
LOL... that's a steamin' fresh pile if I've ever seen one...

You have to remember Gol, Aten still has a big stick up his....well...up his Ego, or maybe his attitude.

My guess is said stick involves not being allowed to play in some sort of hivemind games.

I think i heard my guidance counselor call it "Left out, Lash out" meaning when an individual is left out of some sort of inclusive activity they can break down a bit and then "Lash out" at their supposed villians.

Mhykke
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I would expect Turbine to take legal action against the individual who attacked Korthos Army. There is certainly valid cause for such action as it could lead to harm to their business.

Just like to point out the above quote is by someone with no concept of how the legal system works. The above quote is the Paris Hilton analysis of law.

The reason is b/c they think Turbine can sue b/c a certain individual's actions "could lead to harm to their business." This isn't a legal cause of action. There are legal ways to harm a business, and there are illegal ways to harm a business. You actually have to come up with an illegal way, and not simply say "it could harm one's business." Pepsi cannot sue Coke for taking market share, thus "harming Pepsi's business." Competition is a perfectly legal way of "harming a business."

The above quote is the kind of advice you get from someone that shouldn't be, and isn't allowed, to give legal advice.

Quietstorm
02-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Just like to point out the above quote is by someone with no concept of how the legal system works. The above quote is the Paris Hilton analysis of law.

The reason is b/c they think Turbine can sue b/c a certain individual's actions "could lead to harm to their business." This isn't a legal cause of action. There are legal ways to harm a business, and there are illegal ways to harm a business. You actually have to come up with an illegal way, and not simply say "it could harm one's business." Pepsi cannot sue Coke for taking market share, thus "harming Pepsi's business." Competition is a perfectly legal way of "harming a business."

The above quote is the kind of advice you get from someone that shouldn't be, and isn't allowed, to give legal advice.

Look, I dated a girl who had sex with a lawyers roommate...I KNOW THE LAW!!!

HeavenlyCloud
02-08-2010, 12:53 PM

Priceless.

Good luck on the recruiting New Korthos Army.

Tymoriel_Ayreweaver
02-08-2010, 02:09 PM

I realize that i only finished my residency not that long ago and as such have not been a physician for that long. However, I do volunteer my time at a free clinic and have met some poor unfortunate people with terrible mental illness. As bad as the worst of them have been, not one of my patients have ever presented with the type of delusional thoughts that could have possibly come up with such a rediculous statement as the one I quoted.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-09-2010, 05:00 AM
I like you and typically enjoy your posts but I strongly disagree with you and I also believe you are better than this. Not gonna argue with you about it though because frankly I think even you know you are wrong. Best Wishes, Aten

Well I left, but then you attacked me in the other thread so I guess you didn't really want to let it go...

But it made me sad that coke stole pepsi's market share, can't I sue for being sad? lol

Lorien_the_First_One
02-09-2010, 05:03 AM
Anyway, OP, how's the recruiting going? Have most of your members come back or have they not bothered to seek officers out to get back in?

Osharan_Tregarth
02-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Look, I dated a girl

I stopped listening here, as the rest is also an obvious falsehood! :D

Quietstorm
02-09-2010, 11:01 PM
I stopped listening here, as the rest is also an obvious falsehood! :D

:)

DrunkenBuddha
02-09-2010, 11:55 PM

Haha evil ha. No.

Valid cause of action? Not seeing a duty owed by the alleged mastermind to either Turbine, or KA, or its masses that applies. What is the basis for a claim? Intentional infliction of emotional distress? How are you quantifying the damages? How was Turbine injured? Speculative unsubstantiated injury won't sustain a claim. For the most part, KA catered to the newest members with their capricious blind invites - perhaps safe to assume they would be mostly f2p. Did all of the former KA members get their panties in a bunch and stop playing DDO as a result of the confusion? Would they have all become VIP but for this most disastrous of events? Would Turbine have raked in tens of hundreds of dollars but for the most vile underhanded machinations of this saboteur? Your statement is full of hooey (and not even the good kind) and you know it. This wouldn't survive a motion to dismiss - at the end you would be responsible for attorney fees to all parties involved. But by all means, proceed, associates must meet their billable requirements somehow.

Tammuz
02-13-2010, 01:48 AM
Anyway, OP, how's the recruiting going? Have most of your members come back or have they not bothered to seek officers out to get back in?

Given that MyDDO does not keep an accurate count of total membership, theres no way to know exactly how many people were apart of the guild at the time. But just by counting by hand, we've returned o 51, so including officers that puts us at approximately, 130-150.

And yes, as someone asked, the guild is under new leadership.