PDA

View Full Version : Returning after almost 2yrs, looking for build advice.

~Lepermite
01-30-2010, 12:37 PM
This is my first ever post, so please be easy on me if I've not done it properly.

I've been away from the game for nearly two years. When I left the cap was, I believe, 12 or 14 and there were no Monks or f2p accounts, the marketplace had a huge red tent in the middle, and everyone (seemingly) was rolling a Drow (me included, Drow Pally, Fleury, Argonessen -> Sarlona). Anyhow...

I am looking to roll a 32-pt Strength-based Elf Tempest Ranger. I have vet status to kick myself up to lvl 4 at game start (unless there is a good reason not to), and plan on using +2 tomes at some point. I would like it to be a fun build as well as viable for lvl 20. Would like to be pure ranger and lawful good, but open to other ideas.

Please keep in mind that I have tried to do due diligence and find already existing threads to help, but was unable to sort through the mess. Feel free to post thread links if you have 'em.

Thanks a bunch! I am eager to jump back in!

elgranmago13
01-30-2010, 01:15 PM
I am by no means a build expert, but I had fun with Aranticus' 28 pt elf tempest ranger (now available at ddo wiki--can't link to it because I can't access it at work). You could just bump up some of the stats, probably strength/con, for the 32 point version.
Hopefully someone who knows more can dig up another build, but it is something to look at while they do.

Edit: Hydra_Ex replied to your other post..and they know a lot more than I do.

~Lepermite
01-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Will look into both options.

MystDragon
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
There are a lot of really great builds in the character builds section of the forum - http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=175

They have added the ability to rate threads, so you can sort the threads by rating to see the higher rated threads.