PDA

View Full Version : leveling an Elf Ranger custom made (no specific path) and/or multi classing?

bree22
01-29-2010, 02:18 PM
My starting Elf Ranger stats were 15 stg, 17 dex, 14 con, 8 int, 14 wis, 8 cha. Current stats with enchancements and leveling are 18 stg, 22 Dex, 14 con, 8 int, 15 wis and 8 cha. I am currently level 8.

Because i didn't choose a path I don't have access to arcane archer (make own arrows) yet but would love to make own arrows(level 9). Because I am an elf i chose to go with long swords (extra bonus for elves) instead of the scimitars. My problem comes in that I keep getting khopesh swords are rewards from chest and quests. I would love to use them just debating to waste a level or 2 to fighter to get exotic weapons or use a feat to get it on leveling my ranger? Or just stick with long swords? I am pretty good with both melee and range and I am trying to specialize in both but was told i was wasting my time I should just pick one and go with that path. What do you guys think?

If you want to hook up on quests My rangers name is breee and my cleric is sheastatic in Orien.

DoctorWhofan
01-29-2010, 02:24 PM
My starting Elf Ranger stats were 15 stg, 17 dex, 14 con, 8 int, 14 wis, 8 cha. Current stats with enchancements and leveling are 18 stg, 22 Dex, 14 con, 8 int, 15 wis and 8 cha. I am currently level 8.

Because i didn't choose a path I don't have access to arcane archer (make own arrows) yet but would love to make own arrows(level 9). Because I am an elf i chose to go with long swords (extra bonus for elves) instead of the scimitars. My problem comes in that I keep getting khopesh swords are rewards from chest and quests. I would love to use them just debating to waste a level or 2 to fighter to get exotic weapons or use a feat to get it on leveling my ranger? Or just stick with long swords? I am pretty good with both melee and range and I am trying to specialize in both but was told i was wasting my time I should just pick one and go with that path. What do you guys think?

If you want to hook up on quests My rangers name is breee and my cleric is sheastatic in Orien.

I wouldn't. I would save the khopeshes but I would not go out of my way to repsecc the toon you have. Reasons: new and khopeshes are generally expensive. You are on Orien so not sure, but I would not respect until I havethe full range of weapons I need.

tihocan
01-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Don't build your character according to the weapons you pull while leveling up. Better plan the build with a longer-term plan in mind. At higher levels you can either craft the weapons you want, or at least get enough money to buy decent ones off the AH.

That being said, it's ok to actually do it if you can easily respec later. But taking a level in another class just to use a weapon you may dump a few levels later is a bad idea (unless you consider lesser/greater reincarnation to be "easy").

bree22
01-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Don't build your character according to the weapons you pull while leveling up. Better plan the build with a longer-term plan in mind. At higher levels you can either craft the weapons you want, or at least get enough money to buy decent ones off the AH.

That being said, it's ok to actually do it if you can easily respec later. But taking a level in another class just to use a weapon you may dump a few levels later is a bad idea (unless you consider lesser/greater reincarnation to be "easy").

Thanks, Currently I am running around with a +5 long sword and a +3 shocking long sword with a +4 long sword as a back. For my bows I have a +1 holy long bow and a +1 ice burst long bow. I do pretty good damage with all my weapons. The Khopesh's I have are 2 +3's 1 +2 and 2 +1 thundering which i got from chests or quests. My long swords were all purchased. As you can see why I was thinking about switching weapons prof.