PDA

View Full Version : Korthos Army, I salute you!

Spisey
01-29-2010, 02:22 AM
2776 members.

56 pages of members in myddo.com. 1.5 pages of officers! :eek:

Truly an army! :D

/good christ

toughguyjoe
01-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Jimeny Christmas eatin' a cracker.

epochofcrepuscule
01-29-2010, 02:51 AM
yet they would still fail the shroud if they could bring their entire army within.....

Spisey
01-29-2010, 02:56 AM
yet they would still fail the shroud if they could bring their entire army within.....

but that includes half of the server. no need to single them out here! ;) :p

SquelchHU
01-29-2010, 06:50 AM
but that includes half of the server. no need to single them out here! ;) :p

Um, wouldn't that many members mean they /are/ half the server?

Spisey
01-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Um, wouldn't that many members mean they /are/ half the server?

lol touche!

Dawnsfire
01-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Sounds like the old Bud Light (http://budlight.whipnet.com/) commercials to me :D

"I salute you Mr. Korthos Army kobold killing fellow!"

macros123
01-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Careful guys. Tot may get offended.

Spisey
01-29-2010, 07:52 AM

Ready for another "easy" VOD? I'll pass out the curse pots! :p

phalaeo
01-29-2010, 07:53 AM
It's not hard to get members when you stand in the Harbor and offer folks 10K gold to join your guild. Not sure if that's their official policy or not, but I've had it happen to me on one of my alts and it happened to a guildie on his alt.

Neptuno
01-29-2010, 07:54 AM
well yeah, of course that guild is big when everyone sends a random invite to that guild, i've been in that guild and even left it and been reciving over 5 random requests to rejoin it, not only that.. many of the members are unserious and either zerg, leave randomly, logg or insult party members lol and the guild chat is often dead silent..

Not to say that the guild totally suck but id suggest that they started cleaning that guild out of the bad ones and keep the good ones because so far that guild have a bad reputation of having bad people that brings down the party.

Kreaper
01-29-2010, 08:00 AM

Tot a Bud Light fan?

macros123
01-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Ready for another "easy" VOD? I'll pass out the curse pots! :p

I'm ready :) As frustrating as that run was, it was actually fun in a twisted way.

Cianos_Fanas
01-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Sounds like the old Bud Light (http://budlight.whipnet.com/) commercials to me :D

There used to be an awesome thread a cpl years ago where ppl were submitting their DDO "Beer Light Presents" commercials. Someone needs to find that thread and revive it. I tried a cpl months ago but no luck.

Heffty_Smurf
01-29-2010, 09:44 AM
here is a joke, stop me if you have heard this one:

Q: How many Korthos Army guildies does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Depends, if screwing in a lightbulb is any higher than a level 10 quest then it wont be completed.

Just kidding KA you guys are the best.

jockobalbeno
01-29-2010, 10:16 AM
well yeah, of course that guild is big when everyone sends a random invite to that guild, i've been in that guild and even left it and been reciving over 5 random requests to rejoin it, not only that.. many of the members are unserious and either zerg, leave randomly, logg or insult party members lol and the guild chat is often dead silent..

Not to say that the guild totally suck but id suggest that they started cleaning that guild out of the bad ones and keep the good ones because so far that guild have a bad reputation of having bad people that brings down the party.

Ohhh, the memories......... sounds like Dragon from Mabar has been reserected!

Mr_Ed7
01-29-2010, 10:26 AM

Save your negativity for your mom.

Mr_Ed7
01-29-2010, 10:28 AM
It's not hard to get members when you stand in the Harbor and offer folks 10K gold to join your guild. Not sure if that's their official policy or not, but I've had it happen to me on one of my alts and it happened to a guildie on his alt.

Recruitment is up to the leader on how they want to do it.

macros123
01-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Recruitment is up to the leader on how they want to do it.

Did KA join the Alliance? Interesting.

bandyman1
01-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Most new guilds are going to have undergeared and unskilled players.

It's the nature of a new player guild.

Nothing wrong with it. No reason to poke fun at it.

It gives newer people to the server a place to belong, a sence of community, and more grouping options. Your opinion on the status of the guild doesn't really matter. If they're happy; Why bring them down like this???

Spisey
01-30-2010, 12:51 AM

It gives newer people to the server a place to belong, a sence of community, and more grouping options. Your opinion on the status of the guild doesn't really matter. If they're happy; Why bring them down like this???

Ding ding

It takes guilds, guidance and leadership to keep new players in the game. Kudos goes out to helping them. Very unselfish IMO. I mahself am the selfish folk. :(:rolleyes:;)

Spisey
01-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Some of us even started out without talent. Not everyone can be like Mykke! :D:p:eek:

SquelchHU
01-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Did KA join the Alliance? Interesting.

Don't give him ideas.

Next we're going to have a Pokemon battle between Tot and Ed over KA.

Now the question. Has Tot caught a legendary PWNY? If so I think this one's in the bag.

Mr_Ed7
01-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Don't give him ideas.

Next we're going to have a Pokemon battle between Tot and Ed over KA.

Now the question. Has Tot caught a legendary PWNY? If so I think this one's in the bag.

Great idea! I would love to make friends with the Korthos Army. They need to choose a groovy color for their guild first.

Darkside...we got cookies.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

CrimsonEagle
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM
My question is this.

How many fingers are you using to salute them with? :eek:

SquelchHU
01-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Great idea! I would love to make friends with the Korthos Army. They need to choose a groovy color for their guild first.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---!!!

Get back in your ball.

:D

donutfromouterspace
01-30-2010, 04:43 PM

Not to say that the guild totally suck but id suggest that they started cleaning that guild out of the bad ones and keep the good ones because so far that guild have a bad reputation of having bad people that brings down the party.Pfft. amateurs.

Argo needs a big goon guild to show em how the pros do it.

Osharan_Tregarth
01-30-2010, 04:46 PM
2776 members.

/good christ

Looks like someone thinned down the herd a bit...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=227769

Heffty_Smurf
01-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Some of us even started out without talent. Not everyone can be like Mykke! :D:p:eek:

in your case, starting out means the last 3 years :D

Spisey
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
in your case, starting out means the last 3 years :D

the only reason I'm not more of a drooling fleshbag is mah gear! :D

Heffty_Smurf
01-31-2010, 09:50 AM
the only reason I'm not more of a drooling fleshbag is mah gear! :D

Well that +5 w/p repeater would go great on ur sorc lol and if u can pry the vorpal disrupter away from Tab u would have the makings of a great pally.

Spisey
01-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Well that +5 w/p repeater would go great on ur sorc lol and if u can pry the vorpal disrupter away from Tab u would have the makings of a great pally.

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/tom_the_melaniephile/TimeParadox6.gif

macros123
01-31-2010, 09:53 AM

As usual.....I am confused by this.

I thought that your alliance was started so that you could identify, by guild tag, who was not a f2p person, and that each member guild of the Alliance was to be cautious when recruiting.

Now you have changed your tune somewhat......

OpallNotten
01-31-2010, 05:14 PM

I thought that your alliance was started so that you could identify, by guild tag, who was not a f2p person, and that each member guild of the Alliance was to be cautious when recruiting.

I am confused as well.
At the same time entertained by this thread and afew other ones about this guild...

Opall

Mr_Ed7
01-31-2010, 09:11 PM

You are confused that I want to make friends with another guild?
I am confused by your confusion.

Perhaps if you read the original thread's first post it would lessen your confusion.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=181616

The Alliance was originally created to allow players to remain in their own smaller guilds, yet enable them to take advantage of the benefits that are found when one is a member of a larger community.

So no I did not "change my tune", nor would I hold a predjudice against Free-to-Play players.

californiapiper
01-31-2010, 09:18 PM
2776 members.

/good christ

Not that it matters in this game, but I can remember a time in Eve, when people made
sport of a little group of bees called Goon Swarm. They took all the new palyers, fitted
out tech I frigates and headed out to 0.0 space.
Where the Band of Brothers ruled and and Goon Swarm was a forum and in game joke.
Wasn't too much long after a kind Sindicate member gave these bees a home, then
soon after Goon Swarm knocked Band of Brothers, the most uber corp in Eve, out of
existence, they did so with numbers.
Is this army a new Goons Swarm?

bandyman1
01-31-2010, 10:06 PM
The problem is that there's no guild vs. guild here.

So, there's no advatage to having such overwhelming numbers. It simply serves to dilute what skill any guild possesses.

Noctus
02-01-2010, 01:54 AM
They took all the new palyers, fitted
out tech I frigates and headed out to 0.0 space.
Where the Band of Brothers ruled and and Goon Swarm was a forum and in game joke.
Wasn't too much long after a kind Sindicate member gave these bees a home, then
soon after Goon Swarm knocked Band of Brothers, the most uber corp in Eve, out of
existence, they did so with numbers.
Is this army a new Goons Swarm?

Instanced Quests.

How many people will a "Swarm" take with them into the Shroud? - 12.
How many will a hand-picked raid group take with them? - 12

Advantage of Swarm-stlye guild in DDO - fill your groups faster. Save a minute or two while composing your group.

Advantage of highly experienced and hand-picked groups - almost guaranteed success with minimum resource usage and low completion time.

In DDO its all about quality, quantity has no advantage. All those other people, in other instances, help you null.

TheJusticar
02-01-2010, 12:16 PM

Real men of genius!

Atenhotep
02-03-2010, 02:17 AM

/signed

macros123
02-03-2010, 11:40 AM
You are confused that I want to make friends with another guild?
I am confused by your confusion.

Perhaps if you read the original thread's first post it would lessen your confusion.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=181616

So no I did not "change my tune", nor would I hold a predjudice against Free-to-Play players.

All your posts are edited. There is no way for me to prove what I remember.

Mr_Ed7
02-03-2010, 12:06 PM
All your posts are edited. There is no way for me to prove what I remember.

Yeah thats it, because I edit ALL my posts...(be warey when using absolutes Macros)

Me thinketh you are not rememebring the whole story...ever play The Telephone game?

Weak soup Macros, WEAK SOUP my friend!