PDA

View Full Version : Add Raid/Epic Handwraps

Delacroix21
01-27-2010, 02:47 PM
With all the new epic items being added to DDO, I find myself really disappointed. Its bad enough that monks can not craft greensteel handwraps, but now they can not aquire epic handwraps either!

Please add some raid dropped handwraps and epic versions, it would really be nice to not be locked out of a 2nd crafting system.:(

Sirea
01-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Welcome to being a monk. We're like the red-headed stepchild. No wonder we were so excited to have level 8 Metalline Handwraps :p

Delacroix21
01-27-2010, 03:48 PM
When you see the new epic weapons "cough" Epic Sword of Shadows "cough" it really sucks. 4d6+10 with 18-20x4 crit? and 2 slots? Wow this sucks bigtime for monks.

rimble
01-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Welcome to being a monk. We're like the red-headed stepchild. No wonder we were so excited to have level 8 Metalline Handwraps :p

hehehe, I know, right?! +2 Metalline of PG!?!? OH THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

So sad...:(

MarcusCole
01-27-2010, 03:51 PM
heh I started a similar thread in the monk discussion at exactly the same time (posting times match to the minute)

Shade
01-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Do you have any useful epic items at all?
Do you have the 60+ tokens nessasary on your monk to fully upgrade one?

If not, work on that first. Then ask for more/different epics.

The reason there are none, is simple: Epic only upgrades what already existed in a module. Desert and VoN never had any handwraps.

Ask them to do Epic Necropolis and you'll be likely to see some.

rimble
01-27-2010, 04:01 PM
The reason there are none, is simple: Epic only upgrades what already existed in a module. Desert and VoN never had any handwraps.

Well now that's the core of the issue isn't it? They introduced a new class with restrictive exotic weapon requirements and didn't bother itemizing for it. They're getting there, slowly, it's just painful waiting for it.

Accordingly, a good start would be just to HAVE some of these weapons. Epic can come later. I guess we'll see what these ones in Update 3 are, unless they screw up implementing them, again.

Jakarr
01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
When you see the new epic weapons "cough" Epic Sword of Shadows "cough" it really sucks. 4d6+10 with 18-20x4 crit? and 2 slots? Wow this sucks bigtime for monks.

Ok so "handwraps" have things like a crit range, crit mod, or even damage on it other then prefix's and such?

yeaaa

As yer monk lvls so does every handwrap you put on.

Though I will say they should add a couple new ones, named and what not.

Shade
01-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Well now that's the core of the issue isn't it? They introduced a new class with restrictive exotic weapon requirements and didn't bother itemizing for it. They're getting there, slowly, it's just painful waiting for it.

They added monk-geared items all over the game when monks came out.

Several monk-geared items were added to several modules quests. None in VoN, but Desert was included. Spectral Gloves are one, there not exactly monk only, but do benefit them allot as they are a low to-hit class that relies on dex and otherwise can't easily get ghosttouch as easy as weapon-based classes.
Lots more were added to necropolis.

Far as im concerned they get as much if not more attention then any other class.

So there aren't raid quality handwraps aren't in the game. So what. Neither is a single:
Greataxe (shroud one doesn't count as you can't take it out of the raid)
Handaxe
Falcion
Warhammer
Repeater
etc

rimble
01-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Far as im concerned they get as much if not more attention then any other class.

I just want to say I disagree. Other than that, every time I try to form a reply it gets pretty aggressive regarding your inexperienced opinion on Monk matters, so I'll just leave it at this.

SquelchHU
01-27-2010, 04:32 PM

Several monk-geared items were added to several modules quests. None in VoN, but Desert was included. Spectral Gloves are one, there not exactly monk only, but do benefit them allot as they are a low to-hit class that relies on dex and otherwise can't easily get ghosttouch as easy as weapon-based classes.

Why can't they get ghost touch as easily? Last I checked it spawns on handwraps, which constitutes an equivalent loss to a non Monk using a ghost touch weapon of their preferred type damage wise if they do not use the gloves, and if they do use them they get it just the same way.

So there aren't raid quality handwraps aren't in the game. So what. Neither is a single:

What exactly are you referring to? It's obviously not greensteel, which is available for most weapon types but not handwraps.

stainer
01-27-2010, 04:40 PM
/snip otherwise can't easily get ghosttouch as easy as weapon-based classes.

I am still new, but in my run up lvl 15 I get all kinds of GT handwraps as end reward items. I have the thing where you get class based rewards checked, so that might make a difference. Unless I just got lucky, I am not sure if this statement is true.

Delacroix21
01-27-2010, 05:41 PM

Handaxe
Falcion
Warhammer
Repeater
etc

Seriously going to have to disagree on monks getting more attention. Aside from that, monk weapon choices are so severly limited that they DO need special versions of them. Lets see here=

1. Kamas= worst 1 handed weapons in ddo
2. Quarterstaves= worst 2 handed weapon in ddo
3. Handwraps= are SUPPOSED to be powerful, at level 20 is supposed to do 2d10 vs 2 handed fighters with 2d6 weapons. But NO, in ddo 2handers with 4d6 now exist! With +10 enhancement bonuses, x4 crit multiplier, and a 18-20 crit range. Handwraps were allready gimped at release (level 16) when monks were doing 2d8 vs dual dwarven axe 2d8 with x3 crit (not to mention greensteel effects).

Monk need some cool handwraps, and the only way to truly accomplish this is to totally scrap and recode how unarmed is currently coded.