PDA

View Full Version : It's time to ditch Sunny/Snowy side Korthos. Also...

Shassa
01-27-2010, 11:12 AM
The whole Sunny/Snowy side thing makes sense in principle, but it is a ceaseless cause of confusion for new players. I mean literally every server, 24/7 there are lost newbies running in circles trying to find people that aren't there. Yes, I'm an altoholic that spends more time than I'd like to admit in Korthos, and it never never ends.

While you're at it, I saw from Jerry's podcast that Turbine has deemphasized the Turbine Download Manager somewhat - may I recommend that you take it off the page entirely. In my experience, I see someone /ragequit over how broken it is every few hours or so. And for every one person that announces that they're giving up because of this faulty program, have no doubt that there are many more who just move on quietly.

Also while you're at it, make a newbie tip concerning Two-Weapon Fighting that's triggered the first time a character equips a weapon in their off hand. This will help with another constant never-ending question of why they can't hit anything.

Bogenbroom
01-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Not a bad thought, especially with veteran status in place, existing players spend much less time in Korthos now.

captain1z
01-27-2010, 07:13 PM
I would disagree with the removal of snowy Korthos. Its a great buffer area for those that are just learning the game and vs platfarmers.

Yes, I know you can bypass it once you have run it and veteran status will do the same but all that is lost the moment a farmer breaks the rules. This community is vigilant in its fight against plat farmers and quick to report spamming of any kind. Once they have crossed the line they get banned to korthos again. I know it only takes an hour or two to create a new account from scratch and maybe a hour to get past korthos but thats more of thier time wasted so Im all for it.

To a legit player you need to experience snowy korthos once and never need do it again. Think of it as a wading pool, a slower paced, learning enviroment. A time when many will decide if they can handle the game mechanics and get a firmer grasp on things before stepping into the larger more populated and many times more confusing areas of DDO.

But then this is coming from someone who enjoyed running Euphonias challenge.

megathon
01-28-2010, 07:51 AM
What good is it then when someone invites a friend to try DDO but can't play with them because they have to wait an hour or so till that friend get's korthos done or they have to make up a new character just to play with that friend?

Halo_572
01-28-2010, 08:03 AM
I can't see merging wouldn't work, you could still leave to go to the docks as you can already if you have completed it.

I don't understand what the platfarmer references are to, I have not come across it before and as I have a life have an idea what it refers to, just know I will never be interested in doing it myself.

I spend very little time in Korthos after 4 months. I run the town on solo to get to 2nd level and then go on to the harbour. I then go back and do the odd quest on solo every so often just to get the favour. Same with the slayer, little and often.

Partying up there now is mostly a non-starter unless I want a bit of company for Misery elite, but I can do that solo as well.

drwranck
01-28-2010, 08:05 AM
what's an hour wait for countless to come of fun playing with friends? i would rather suggest that snowy korthos player get an antirely exclusive LFG/LFM page, thus would prevent confusion among player.