PDA

View Full Version : Lefthanded discrimination!

Anderei
01-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Why is it *everyone* on DDO-Eberron is right handed?

Mirror some models please so we can have left handed characters too!

Uska
01-27-2010, 03:29 AM
dont you know left handed=Sinister
you guys are evil lets burn ya at the stake or you might turn us all into newts:D

SimVerg
01-27-2010, 03:36 AM
In 832 YK, the Keeper of the Silver Flame declared that left-handedness afflicted the soul as well as the body, since it could turn the noblest soul to a tool of darkness. Even those afflicted with strains of ambidexterity that were not inherently evil still forced a change of behavior on the subject, and were thus suspect; the Keeper declared that these still imperiled the soul. If a single left-handed person remained alive, it could pass the curse to others, and they could pass the curse to others, and within a generation the problem could arise anew. Thus all left-handed people -- even those seemingly innocent and young -- must be destroyed.

Anderei
01-27-2010, 04:20 AM
SimVerg lefthandedness is AFAIK not a genetical trait (or the degree of likelyhood is far more complex). So even if they genocide all lefthanders in one generation the next one will again have them.

@Uska btw, RL i'm righthanded, but I'd like one or two of my characters to be not so. Or occassionally meeting a lefthanded
I tried once in a while to use my mouse in the left hand, just to train the brain, but sometimes you don't really want to put up with it.

Uska
01-27-2010, 04:50 AM
SimVerg lefthandedness is AFAIK not a genetical trait (or the degree of likelyhood is far more complex). So even if they genocide all lefthanders in one generation the next one will again have them.

@Uska btw, RL i'm righthanded, but I'd like one or two of my characters to be not so. Or occassionally meeting a lefthanded
I tried once in a while to use my mouse in the left hand, just to train the brain, but sometimes you don't really want to put up with it.

I am just yanking your chain and my brother is a lefty and back in the 60's they really tried to force him out of it in fact at one school the teacher would wack on the hand when she caught him trying to write with his left hand.

ChaelaAnne
01-27-2010, 05:02 AM
In 832 YK, the Keeper of the Silver Flame declared that left-handedness afflicted the soul as well as the body, since it could turn the noblest soul to a tool of darkness. Even those afflicted with strains of ambidexterity that were not inherently evil still forced a change of behavior on the subject, and were thus suspect; the Keeper declared that these still imperiled the soul. If a single left-handed person remained alive, it could pass the curse to others, and they could pass the curse to others, and within a generation the problem could arise anew. Thus all left-handed people -- even those seemingly innocent and young -- must be destroyed.

I have no idea if you made that lore up as you went along, but if you did... props. Masterful BS.

IF not, HUGE GEEK. :)

Bogenbroom
01-27-2010, 03:14 PM

Ahh, but the Silver Flame are creationists and put little stock in passing traits via heredity. They think it is purely a taint of the soul!