PDA

View Full Version : A simple suggestion: fix Drow's Spell Resistance

TheJusticar
01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
title says it all.

Racial bonuses, as with everything else in the game, should stack with enchanted bonuses. Else those +2 racial bonuses to DEX, INT and CHA would be useless. Drow have inherit spell resistance why not make it stack with enchanted items?

Mhykke
01-26-2010, 10:43 PM
I think the drow SR should work like monk SR.

It's my understanding that the 2 aren't much different in PnP.....

I think the only reason they're different here is b/c Drow SR was put in so long ago, and the devs just haven't bothered to change it to function like monk SR, which is actually decently useful.

Samadhi
01-26-2010, 10:59 PM
There was another thread on this somewhat recently - but ya I definitely agree - there is no real reason I can think of not to give drow a little help in some regard - and this would be a logical way to do it without really breaking anything compared to where the cleric spell's SR already is.

gorgorothsixsixsix
01-27-2010, 01:23 AM
if it stacks you can get 24 SR at lvl 2 and you would be almost completely immune to magic. maybe enchantments could be improved, like 2 more SR each rank or something.

a rogue with no wis shouldn't be immune to magic effects.

wisdom: the quality or state of being wise; "knowledge of what is true or right" coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.

the more wis you have, better you can overcome things trying to fog your mind, as you know that "what's not true" is just an illusion.