PDA

View Full Version : Add "+#" to clothing and jewelry

Entwhistle
01-26-2010, 02:29 PM
I'd like to see the plus of non-weapon items add to their name, i.e. +4 Gauntlets of Ogre Strength. I want this just to make it easier to find things in the auction house. I'm looking for new gear for a recently leveled character and I have to mouse over all the descriptions one at a time to find higher bonuses than I have now. When you end up with 10 or 12 pages of stuff it gets old, quick. Especially when I want +5 of 6 items.

This could be rendered moot if the search-ability of AH is improved as it should be.

Thanks

Flasharte
01-26-2010, 02:33 PM
signed

Fattiest
01-26-2010, 02:34 PM
+3 Str item is lev 7ML, if RR its lev 5, Ect,,,,,, so search by lev.

this type of change is low on the list of importance to most players. IMHO

Edit:well heck, looks like more people care about this than i thought.......i'd rather have more quest/crafting, it would be a waste of time for a lazy mans fix.........i remember when we didnt have the AH,,,,, lets go back to that.

Cetus
01-26-2010, 02:34 PM
/signed 10k times for the search feature to be finally implemented in the dang AH.

Cedwin
01-26-2010, 02:39 PM
I just go by the level.

If you just hit level 11, then search for 11 to 11.

+5 pure stat items would be minimum level 11. Ogre Power Gloves for example, anything with an "of xxxx" on the end would be lower than +5.

The only exception would be race required gear, which have a minimum level 2 lower than normal... but those are WAY too expensive on the AH lately.

Nott
01-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Searching by level is not valid for items that have more than the stat bonus. +5 wisdom necklace of haggle +3 anyone?
As Cedwin noted, RR gear is another exception, but the prices on the AH aren't relevant to the need to searching for them easily.

Shamurai
01-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I reaaaally thought Search Feature was coming with update 3.. maybe 4?

FauxSho
01-26-2010, 03:00 PM
As folks have indicated, it's fairly easy to restrict by level ranges to get the magnitude of bonuses you desire. No, it's not perfect, but it is workable with a little memory in most cases, depending on what combinations of enchantments you are looking for.

A much more important change to the auction house interface - in my opinion - would be a text string search.
I'd also consider the ability to search for all weapon or armor types more important than changing accessory item descriptions.
Another useful search option would be to limit by damage type for weapons.
Other useful additions would be columns to add for: ML and Restrictions(and UMD).
It would also be great if ordering a list of results by expiration, current bid, or buyout would reorder the entire search results instead of just the current page.
Personally, I'd also consider an item with no buyout to be an essentially higher (no buyout=infinite buyout price) than an item with any buyout, not lower (it's aggravating to have no-buyout items cluttering up the screen when what you're looking for are items with the lowest buyout, which is the only reason for reordering a list by buyout price).

I would think that most if not all of these changes would be more efficient uses of developer time than recoding item descriptions, and I don't support tangential changes just to make the AH slightly easier to use if they would mean that it would take longer to get meaningful changes to the usefulness of the AH.

Even if the item descriptions were to be changed, I would think that "Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +4" would be less confusing than "+4 Gauntlets of Ogre Strength," at least to be consistent with Protection item nomenclature.

Anderei
01-26-2010, 03:06 PM
@OP like the idea.

Wasnt it that way in Baldurs Gate also?

uhgungawa
01-26-2010, 03:30 PM
+3 Str item is lev 7ML, if RR its lev 5, Ect,,,,,, so search by lev.

this type of change is low on the list of importance to most players. IMHO

Edit:well heck, looks like more people care about this than i thought.......i'd rather have more quest/crafting, it would be a waste of time for a lazy mans fix.........i remember when we didnt have the AH,,,,, lets go back to that.

Your whole argument get lost the moment you put prefix/suffix into it. +* str of *jump. But yes not the highest importance but would still be nice.

Nott
01-26-2010, 03:35 PM
As folks have indicated, it's fairly easy to restrict by level ranges to get the magnitude of bonuses you desire. No, it's not perfect, but it is workable with a little memory in most cases, depending on what combinations of enchantments you are looking for.I disagree; searching by level is absolutely not "workable". Is it possible to search like this? Of course. By "workable" though, I mean to imply reasonable. If I search for a level 13 pair of bracers, when I'm looking for wisdom bracers, it's not reasonable that I can find "+6 wis bracers of haggle +5 [RR]", "+5 wis bracers of xxx", "+4 wis of xxx", all the way to +1 wis bracers of randomstat+13 (or +11 or +9, whichever fits here with RR).

Yeah, searching by level does eliminate some of the trash but it's not enough to be considered workable in my opinion.

There should be no technical reason why a "search by text" isn't able to be done with little programming effort, unless Turbine took intentional steps to make that difficult. It'd be nice for them to provide a sophisticated regular expression parser for the text search input, but a simple "if the text includes 'this', return it" would be better than what we have now. If you disagree, please look up the lowest price for a small arrowhead on your server's AH before replying your dissenting opinion.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-26-2010, 08:59 PM
I reaaaally thought Search Feature was coming with update 3.. maybe 4?

LMAO, OMG, that's great! What made you think that? lol.

While it is overdue, its been overdue since the AH was introduced over 3 years ago. I doubt they will ever bother.

Entwhistle
01-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I did do some semi-scientific research last night and search by level doesn't work well enough to me.

I tried to upgrade my 11th lvl rogue's +2 Cha cloak to +4. I did a search just for 11th lvl and found a couple plain +4 & +5 cha cloaks. I also found +1through +4 Cha cloaks of something (fire res, command undead, etc).

I then seach lvls 8-10 and found a few more +4 cloaks, which I would have missed going just going by lvl 11, and a few +3 with decent "of effects" I'm considering. So just searching by level cuts too many items out of the search.

Falco_Easts
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
I agree this would bE nice and think it would be required to be added for a text sting seach for the AH to ever work properly.
I can see it looking werid though when you get to the skill side. +4 Ogre Power Gauntlets of +3 Heal just looks wrong.

Anderei
01-29-2010, 04:03 AM
+4 Ogre Power Gauntlets of +3 Heal just looks wrong.

does it?