PDA

View Full Version : spawn screen?

rat-morningstar
01-25-2010, 05:24 PM
so, what does it actually do?

description:
Prevents one ally per caster level from rising as undead. Certain rare, extremely powerful undead can circumvent this protection.

when cast, it gives you the buff "spawn screen":
you are protected from effects that would raise you as an undead. Certain rare, extremely powerful undead can circumvent this protection.

i mean, being an MMO i doubt that you can be rezzed by an enemy and forced to kill your party members, so what does it do?

Grimgore
01-25-2010, 05:26 PM
In some areas (POP comes to mind) when you die, your character spawns a shadow or a wraith. This prevents it from happening... Even if you are raised, the spawn will still be there to fight your party so less on the side of the enemy is a good thing!

Aeneas
01-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Certain undead can imbue your character with a touch attack that will cause you to spawn a copy of its creature type on dying. Go check out some undead quests with your buddies and you'll occasionally see one die and then an extra wraith appears out of nowhere - that's your buddy.

Mindspat
01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
What's the name of the mob that this works for - Spectre? Wraith? Something Else? I can't remember...

While the character does not actually become raised to fight their allies there is a creature spawned upon the death which does.

Kaervas
01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Shadows, Wraiths, and Spectres apply a short-duration debuff called ____'s Lingering Touch (replace ____ with the undead type).
If you die under the influence of this effect, one of the creatures (matching the Lingering Touch you had at the time of death) will spawn where you died. Spawn Screen prevents this from happening.