PDA

View Full Version : The time has come for DRUIDS, Torches, Light Spells etc.

UndyingLord
01-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Now that Update 3 is finally bringing Darkness, and there is already Dungeons that utilize Light radius sceptres etc. The whole game needs this darkness effects . Torches, Light spells etc. This is what makes dungeons creepy!!!

And we need DRUIDS now. If you cannot do the shape changing part leave it out for now, but bring in the class with all the spells etc. It was promised long time ago.

And Half-Orcs and Half -Elves are long over due too.

Ghirmeshk
01-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Now that Update 3 is finally bringing Darkness, and there is already Dungeons that utilize Light radius sceptres etc. The whole game needs this darkness effects . Torches, Light spells etc. This is what makes dungeons creepy!!!

And we need DRUIDS now. If you cannot do the shape changing part leave it out for now, but bring in the class with all the spells etc. It was promised long time ago.

/signed (though unenthusiastic about half-elves--very excited and hopeful about the other two)

Khurse
01-24-2010, 10:22 PM
/signed.

But I think I've given up on half orcs.
Was told that they were working on them, but somehow couldn't make them work.
Not sure how difficult it is to make a model, and do a few enhancements.
But then again I don't work in the industry so..

Memnir
01-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I'd like to see each current class get a full set of functional tier-three PrEs before adding new classes for the Devs to worry about. Yes, I'd like to see Druids in the game - but I'd like to see our current options fully realized before further fracturing Dev attention.

In addition, I'd like to see any future classes added with their PrEs in place and ready to go when they are added to the game.

I'm sure that this puts me in the minority - but I say complete what we've got before putting more into the mix.

Ghirmeshk
01-24-2010, 10:43 PM
I'd like to see each current class get a full set of functional tier-three PrEs before adding new classes for the Devs to worry about. Yes, I'd like to see Druids in the game - but I'd like to see our current options fully realized before further fracturing Dev attention.

In addition, I'd like to see any future classes added with their PrEs in place and ready to go when they are added to the game.

I'm sure that this puts me in the minority - but I say complete what we've got before putting more into the mix.

I certainly see your point. I have a TA and 2 Warchanters and would love to know what tier 3 of those lines would look like.

Temet
01-24-2010, 11:24 PM

I think I love you a little for saying that. This would be incredible (although admittedly none of my DMs enforced light radius very fequently, and most didn't at all). It brings to mind the original Diablo however, which easily had my favorite ambiance in a video game.

As far as Druids, yeah I'd like to see them but I'm with Memnir on wanting PrEs completed first (the bit about adding classes with their PrEs already in place would be nice, but I'd prefer to have the classes sooner rather than waiting for the PrEs to be finished in addition).

I'm indifferent about those two races.

Falco_Easts
01-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Gotta agree with Memnir on this one. Putting out a half finished race or class would cause more of an uproar then not putting one out until it is finished. Get the rest of the stuff finished first, then expand.

CrimsonEagle
01-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Gotta agree with Memnir on this one. Putting out a half finished race or class would cause more of an uproar then not putting one out until it is finished. Get the rest of the stuff finished first, then expand.

Problem is, if they would have followed this model from the get go, we would still be waiting for the game to come out.

Been basicly a beta tester for 3 years. I'm ready for druids now, thank you:)

Duskslayer
01-25-2010, 10:31 AM
/Torches!

UndyingLord
01-25-2010, 05:07 PM
I think I love you a little for saying that. This would be incredible (although admittedly none of my DMs enforced light radius very fequently, and most didn't at all). It brings to mind the original Diablo however, which easily had my favorite ambiance in a video game.

As far as Druids, yeah I'd like to see them but I'm with Memnir on wanting PrEs completed first (the bit about adding classes with their PrEs already in place would be nice, but I'd prefer to have the classes sooner rather than waiting for the PrEs to be finished in addition).

I'm indifferent about those two races.

Neverwinter Nights (NWN 1) had all the lighting effects and continual light could be cast on any item you could equip to give that character a light radius. And NWN had different colors of light too. Green, Blue, Yellow, White, etc.

UndyingLord
05-14-2010, 06:28 PM
I think the nighttime around town isn't dark enough.

/torch on!!!

Missing_Minds
05-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Torches and light spells won't be happening. Read why.

http://my.ddo.com/keeper/2010/05/04/virtual-lights/

Jendrak
05-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Seriously....again with the druids?????

You couldn't just post this in one of the 10,000 threads just like it.

/facepalm

Cylinwolf
05-14-2010, 07:02 PM
I think the nighttime around town isn't dark enough.

/torch on!!!

Quit bumping yourself. You'll go blind.

Xeraphim
05-14-2010, 07:40 PM
/death

TheKaige
05-16-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm all for adding darkness to the game, but for balance and to keep it interesting no race should get vision abilities like Darkvision, Low-Light etc. And I hope they'll have a system for not only clear illumination and dark areas, but also a mechanic so that in between you have shadowy illumination (Which is instead of being totally blind, all mobs in the shadowy area have 20% concealment).

TheKaige
05-16-2010, 10:56 AM

Agreed. Though I think the whole thing would be easier by trashing the enhancement system and giving everybody 3 prestige classes that aren't neccesarily better than the original vanilla class. I.E. Tempest Rangers should lose some of their ranged abilities, instead of just being plain better.

Chaosprism
05-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Well I'd dispute that, ... have 6 people use wands of spark of lightg or wand of acid or fire finger inside den of obscurity.

Each person generates light with those sparks, doesnt go that far to have a floating light over the shoulder.

It's doable.

KreepyKritter
05-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Look, I've been pounding the Druid-Drum as much as anyone, in my guild. However, look around at the spoilers being leaked for U5. They're actually fleshing out a lot of the Monk PrE's, and several of the Rogue PrE's, as well as at least one of the Cleric's PrE's. Ranger is 2/3's done for PrE's, Fighter is on solid footing, Wizard has it's first PrE fleshed out and Bards have a good chunk of their PrE's done. At the rate they're going, the PrE's will be completed around the time Half-orc drops later this year, and there's a strong chance that Druid will roll out Q2 or Q3 next year, given the amount that is being done THIS year.

Sorc's need love still, all the half-finished PrE lines need completed, and then the new classes can start dropping. There've been loads of advancements/improvements/upgrades made recently. Patience is going to get you further than beating the same dead horse again.

MalkavianX
05-16-2010, 12:27 PM

Seriously, why do people have such a hard on for druids? Is it because they can change shapes? Aside from that I can"t see any reason why there's all the hype. I mean they're like a ranger/cleric hybrid. But worse than either class would be by itself. Someone 'splain please? I've let go of most of my old school d&d prejudices like a dorf being a fricken wizard... But I just don't understand why there are soooo many people pitching tents over the druid class.

Although I do agree with the half elf and half orc thing. :D

Trillea
05-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Seriously, why do people have such a hard on for druids? Is it because they can change shapes? Aside from that I can"t see any reason why there's all the hype. I mean they're like a ranger/cleric hybrid. But worse than either class would be by itself. Someone 'splain please? I've let go of most of my old school d&d prejudices like a dorf being a fricken wizard... But I just don't understand why there are soooo many people pitching tents over the druid class.

Druids are not half-cleric half-ranger like you seem to think. They are primal forces of nature, with buffs (including most of the stat buffs, and barkskin), elemental damage spells (including firewall), melee beasts (literally, in forms like bear) that can also heal themselves and those around them. They will give clerics a run for their money in the soloing department.

Devonian
05-16-2010, 01:23 PM
If we get half orks we need Druids. why? Gatekeepers. The sect of druids, mainly ork and half ork in the beginning that saved Eberron from destruction at the hands of the delkyr and other aberations. The MiB of Korvare.

Ormindo
05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
My priorities : Visible Sheathing (such as in Character Creation), Torches, Druids.

Bladecutter563
05-16-2010, 02:40 PM

Because nothing makes me happier than dropping an earthquake, tsunami and hurricane on a kingdom, then spawning a bunch of tornadoes from the hurricane to suck up the water from the Tsunami and throw it around like bullets.

Then drop an army of insects on them, casting Giant Insect on the swarm so it's a swarm of giant insects.

Then disappearing into the forest, using my abilities to tread through forests without being detected and throwing up illusionary trees to cover my path. 'cause I don't want them finding me after I just slapped the whole city clear across the face.