PDA

View Full Version : new to DDO, old to mmorpgs!!! lf mature, raid/leveling oriented guild!!!

mattdood
01-24-2010, 05:32 PM
ohhai! im a 25 year old male living in NC stateside and my name is mattdood!

im relatively new to ddo but experienced in mmorpgs (i played WoW for about 3 years and EQ for about 4 years) and im looking for a mature (21+ please), raid/leveling oriented guild on sarlona!

insofar as my preferred classes goes i love to heal, trapsmith (sneaking in general is awesome) and blast things with acid. in order to assure a position in a solid guild, however, i would be happy to learn/play any combination of classes!

i am p2p with all races/classes and veteran status on all my toons. i currently have a lvl 4 2hd dwarven axe god, a lvl 4 human charisma-maxed fvs specced for healing and a lvl 4 elven rogue trapsmith. all are currently on sarlona and are awaiting solid groups to level with! these are just the 3 toons that struck my interest early on (about 3 weeks ago, before i went p2p/veteran status).

as i said my focus is on leveling (i wanna hit cap with all my toons) and end game raiding (ive always loved/played p&p d&d and want to see what they've done with my childhood hobby!).

i run a local restaurant here in NC and usually play late most weeknights (usually after 11pm). i also teach bass guitar and play the local music scene so some days/nights might have to be omitted from my schedule in favor of RL obligations and hobbies.

feel free to pm me on forums, i can give you my email from there and we can chat!

thanks for your consideration and happy gaming!!

mattdood

chadj82371
01-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey mattdood,

We are always looking for new guild recruits. Our guild might be a good fit for you and most of our more active members are on during your play time. I usually get on around 10:30 eastern, so look me up. In game name is Antello (or my alt Erifeci). I'm usually on one of those two.

We've got people of various levels and a few of us that have gotten vet status so we can roll up some new toons to run with you and help you get up in levels.

Below is the basic information on our guild and a link to our website.

[RS], the Rogue Saints, are recruiting mature, team minded, dedicated individuals for DDO on the Sarlona Server

[RS] is an established clan. We have been around since May of 2002, starting as a Ghost Recon team, and eventually growing from there. We are well known within the gaming communities we play in as a mature and close-knit group of dedicated team and tactical minded gamers. Our principles (honor, teamwork, and dedication) have been successful in creating a fun and effective gaming environment. Our members ages range from 20 to 65 (most people are probably in their 30’s). We have people with military backgrounds, as well as folks without military backgrounds.

We are recruiting mature players who want to help the team become a top tier team within the gaming community. We are a fairly laid back group of individuals who enjoy each others company and DDO. We use TeamSpeak for communication.

Requirements:
- You must be 20 years or older to join RS
- You must be able to use in game voice communications
- You must be willing to ‘keep it clean’ and act in a mature fashion, and believe in treating others with respect
- You must believe in teamwork, and tactics, and you need to be able to work within an in game command structure (ie – follow orders when orders are given).
- You must be dedicated and fun loving.

If this is the type of gaming ‘family’ you would like to belong to, and you meet the requirements listed above, please go to our website; http://www.rogue-saints.org , and fill out an application and/or post in our forums.

Zenako
01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Dang...the average on the server keeps going down....

mattdood
01-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Dang...the average on the server keeps going down....

average what pretell?

EazyWeazy
01-25-2010, 10:11 PM
average what pretell?

Hehe, I think he's an old dood. ;)

Zenako
01-26-2010, 12:11 AM
duh...age cramp...:o

Average age.....

bah...eat more shredded wheat....

I gots dice that are older than many of you....and so rounded that the d20's take forever to stop rolling...and the crayon to go with them.... old farts know what I'm talking about...

mattdood
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
oh, well that makes sense i suppose.

yeah, it kinda depresses me in a grander line of thought to think how overstimulated my and future generations are/will be. i dont even think my generation has a definitive name yet. i heard tell of a 'generation why', but this is yet unconfirmed.

the days of growing up with a solid moral/ethical foundation, unblemished by the convulsions of global networking and brutal distractions seem to be somewhat dated- there's something almost romantic to me about existence being that naive.

today we have people addicted to their own divinity- mass amounts of humans floating from one insecurity to another. denial and repression of our ourselves has left us overstimulated and numb.

...need....more...coffee...

work is hard without it.

8^)

chadj82371
01-26-2010, 01:32 PM
and the crayon to go with them.... old farts know what I'm talking about...

Man that takes me back, lol. I had forgotten about the crayon.

mattdood
01-26-2010, 08:14 PM
ok, you have GOT to explain this crayon thing.

im assuming this is old school gygax-style, see-if-you-can-survive-this d&d.

where elf/dwarf/halfling were classes?

Zenako
01-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Ok Sherman...crank up the Way-Back Machine...

back in the very early days (mid 70's) things like 8sided and 20 sided dice were exceedingly rare. TSR had sets they sold. Solid color dice sets with a crayon to mark the numbers with. The numbers were recessed, so if you colored in the numbers and wiped off the surface crayon, the crayon color in the recesses remained behind so you could see the numbers without picking up the dice and looking at them in the right light or reflections...

Not too long after that, the makers figured out that they could prepaint those numbers on the die and everyone was happier...

On a side note, the grade of plastic used was not very high impact, meaning that with use, it wore down noticeably. Well used D20's could get so rounded that they might roll for a long time before stopping...:D

mattdood
01-27-2010, 04:14 PM
ahh gotcha. i seem to remember my father giving me his old set of mismatched dice around my 12th birthday.

there were a few that had no coloring on the number impressions. these were the ones that were made of 'softer' cast plastic.

i had no idea about the crayons though...

my generation is so spoiled.

8^P