PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a Halfling Tempest for a Newbie

AllNamesTaken
01-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, the newbie being me.

Anyway, I just made it to level 4 on said Halfling Tempest (pure so far, my first character so I took the path in the character generator), and lo and behold I can up one of my stats!

So I'd like advice on what I should up. My stats, as they stand, are:

Str: 15 (+2)
Dex: 21 (+5)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 9 (-1)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 8 (-1)

So, what should I up a point? I'm thinking maybe Intelligence, but no idea at all, TBH. x.X

gavagai
01-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Generally only use these level ups in your most important stats. A ranger putting a point in INT seems to be a waste.

If you anticipate focusing on weapon finesse and dexterity, put all those level ups in dexterity.

If you want to focus on building your strength for combat, put those in strength.

I'd recommend putting the level-ups in strength, since it makes you hit harder without fancy equipment and you won't have any feats to spare for finesse until at least level 9. [You need to spend your lvl 1, 3, and 6 feats on Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Attack to take advantage of Tempest by level 6.]

AllNamesTaken
01-24-2010, 03:20 PM
That makes sense - the not spending the points on any but your most needed stats.

Yeah, I think I'll go the strength route - it makes the most sense.

Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Attack by lv6 you say? Guess I'd best get Mobility in as soon as I can, then. Missed that one. x.X No wonder people say the first build usually doesn't make it... so much I don't know! :D Thanks for your help.

gavagai
01-24-2010, 03:26 PM
No prob.

If you need to change any of your feats, go see Fred the friendly mindflayer in House Jorasco. He charges for the service, but you can get ONE free feat exchange token by doing a quest with Lockania in the Marketplace.

Good luck! xD