PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with Wizard Gear

kinkladze10
01-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Hi am hoping to get some pointers here.

I'm trying to improve my gear, Im a level 3 Wiz but still have the noob chest, staff and no gloves yet.

I'm struggling to work out which quests to do first in Stormreach because you dont find out what item you will get until after you've done the quest and chest loot is somewhat random.

dont have much cash yet so Auction house isnt an option either.

Any ideas?

PersonaJXT
01-23-2010, 05:20 AM
Honestly the newbie robes are rather nice. Keep them until you get something dramatically better.

As for gloves, I'd suggest going back to Korthos and running Sacrifices again to get a Protector's Glove for the 1 DR. 1 DR can be worth a lot at lower levels. Maybe run Cannith Crystal a few times for some of the bracers with Aid and maybe Sacrifices some more for Anger's Step for the Expeditious Retreat. Aid is extremely useful at lower levels, and being able to run faster is always nice. A few feather fall cloak clickies from Redemption are good as well until you get a permanent feather fall item. You'll find yourself collecting clickies with nice effects, as they can be very useful.

Try to get some potency weapons (doesn't matter type as you're not going to be swinging it anyways). Try to avoid two-handed weapons as then you can wield a potency and maybe a spell penetration weapon at once. Try to get a power item as well for the added sp, and perhaps a false life item for the added hp.

Above all else, get a Fortification item. You can find some real cheap light fort belts in the auction usually. Lessened chance of critical against you will save your life. Above level 10 or so, anything less than heavy fortification can get you killed fast with a single critical hit.

As for quest specific loot... check this thread out:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279

kinkladze10
01-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Thanks for that, really useful :)

Zereth501
01-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Have you completed the last Korthos mission yet? If not, make sure to grab the Archivist Necklace for your reward.