A Guild Forum Too..

http://smokeysguilds.spruz.com/

So you can grow within the guild and share
your greatest moments here at
Smokey's Guild..

Fight Well Friends

hydra_ex
01-22-2010, 07:51 PM
[Combat]: You cast protection from flame at caster level 20.

DoctorWhofan
01-23-2010, 12:04 AM
It never dies.

Pyromaniac
01-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Good luck Smokey - Make it a race vs Az Inc for largest guild!

The10man
01-23-2010, 04:58 PM
"Mr. Chairman on advice of counsel I respectfully assert my right to remain silent, and decline to answer your question."

CE2JRH123
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Has Smokey's guild broke 1000 members yet?

Smokeyturtle
03-01-2010, 09:33 AM
We at Smokey's Guild wants to thank our members and partners. I love this game, from the strong sword swinger or to the characters that uses the powers within. DDO gives us all the interaction with friends,strangers and others that soon will be close. So this is a thanks to my guild for all your hard work and to DDO. And to all the new members that are joining up in the guild. ((Thanks)) For if not for you, we wouldn't be a great guild. So like I say "Judge not, and ye' shall not be judged" Having a good time is always my way of life.

Visit us at..

www.Smokeysguild.com

:cool:Fight Well Friends:cool:

Nyriana
03-10-2010, 12:53 AM
There is a time for everything, and the time to pull back the covers and reveal the truth about Smokey's Guild is now. Any claims of immense membership, proper player treatment, and a group of "honorable people, with no regard to lvl" are lies, told by Smokey himself, and required to be repeated by his officers.

The claims of "1000/ near 1000" membership is something of a fraud. The truth is that over 65% of Smokey's membership have been inactive now for more than 4 months, many for 1+ years, and another 10% are alt accounts, which are hardly logged onto as well. This leaves 25% of the total guild membership as active players, and I believe that number to be a stretch itself. Smokey lays claim to many of them leaving when the lvl cap was at 10, but there are over 184 names listed that are under lvl 10, ranging from 1-7.

When approached about the problem of such a large amount of inactive players, who have not bothered to log in for a year or more, there are two responses: excuses (and poor ones at that) and/or beratement. Smokey makes excuses of guild history, such as follows:

QUOTE="Smokeyturtle": "
Alot of people have been asking questions about a group of adventures, members, and officers that haven't been online for about 3 plus years.
Also why some are still officers of the guild.
I can explain...See in 2006 I started Smokey's Guild with a very large group of adventures all here to enjoy the DDO. All of us paid to play DDO aswell. Well when the 10th level cap hit us and they released the new Mod adventure, They didn't increase the leveling. Alot of us left the game because all of us wanted to increase in leveling.
These Members and Officers are to show the history of your guild and will always remain in the guild as the lost Adventures. Some are returning and when they do they still will have a place here at Smokey's Guild.
Just as you too will have your place in our guild.
I hope this answers alot of questions you may have had. So when you see names from 3 years ago, You will know this guild is here to stay."
SOURCE="Smokeys Guild Forums"

certian officers lay claim to the fact that Smokey's will be undergoing a "much needed house cleaning". I have heard this line since I joined, and while there has been MUCH MORE then ample oppertunity for it to happen, it has not. I challenge you, Smokey, to answer the question: What ARE you doing? are you cleaning house? are you keeping this mass list of inactives? PICK SOMETHING AND STICK WITH IT.

The line "some are returning" has also been used for at least 6 months, as long as I was a member. I have not seen a single one of those names log in, nor change to a more recent log-in time. I have also proposed that a "Memorial" page be posted on the guild forums, and that these members placed on that list, then removed from the guild charter so that we can institute some much needed fresh blood. This idea was not even entertained, and the truth behind why is sad.

All those inactive players are simply kept to lay some foundation to the claim of Smokey's "immense" membership. History and having a home to return to are nothing when placed against the claim of the "largest guild in Thelanis" in Smokey's eyes.

Beratement from Smokey and his officers are a common occurance if this subject is approached by members. I was personally called an idiot, arrogent, and told that it was none of my concern when I approached an officer (guild recruitment officer) about the subject, after another officer (guild events officer) asked me what my point was, then rudely pawned any responsibility off to Desirenots, who I was more then polite to about the whole subject. This happened to me while I was not only a member, but in the running for my THIRD officership within the guild (I had deleted the other two previous characters, and yes, all the officers new who I was prior to this conversation). If the status and well-being are not the concern of the members, who ARE the very status and future of the guild, then whose right of concern is it?

Ask this question to Smokey and his officers, and expect different answers from each, or no answer at all, as ignoring people, both outsider and member alike, is almost a pronounced practice among the officers there. Any remark of the current/growing strength of Smokey's is naught but a cloud to hide the truth: Smokeys is a dying entity, a creature that suffers a growing cancer, both in the body of the beast and in it's head as well.

Smokey himself is more concerned with loyalty to himself then he is about loyalty to the guild and concern over it's health. Members and officers alike have been told exaggerated tales of Smokey's persecution, and have been, on several occasions, requested to "defend him" to other guilds, and players. Not defense of the guild, but defense of SMOKEY himself. He has talked more about the placement of spies in guilds he feels are "enemies" of his guild, then about promoting guild events, etc. Guilds that have been said to be infiltrated by Smokey and his spies are as follows: MERCS, AZ INC, Praetorian Household, Order of the Black Serpent, and Legion, among others. These spies are to report only to Smokey himself and the guilds above were mentioned in numerous officer meetings.

He uses the names of other guilds as insults to those that don't agree with him, specifically AZ Inc and Order of the Black Serpent, in his beratement of players. He keeps players with reported anger management issues (guild recruitement officer has flown off the handle at more then a handful of players in the past 2 months, berating, belittling, and even booting those that DARE ask a question of her if she is in a quest) in as officers.

I was a member of Smokeys for 6 months. I have been an officer in that guild 3 times over. I partied with numerous members, and have seen the rising number of people leave/ get booted from the guild, up to an average of 20 members a week currently upon my exit of the guild.

As a warning to Future and current players, do NOT join Smokeys Guild. You will feel welcome for about 3 hours, then ignored. You will be berated and/or ignored if you ask questions when the officers are "busy". If you bother with the growth of the guild, the most recognition you can expect is a well-rehearsed "I've noticed" from Smokey and/or his officers, which is repeated to anyone that bothers to bring up their efforts, be they real or not. If made an officer, expect to be asked to be loyal to Smokey himself, not the guild. ALso expect to hear tales of members that have been booted for asking questions, or even asking officers to send a guild invite to other players.

My personal reccommendation is to find another guild, one without the mass of lies, betrayal, beratement, and poor officership, because to join Smokeys is to find a place full of the opposite of everything they lay claim to.

Jorill
Ex-officer and member
Formerly Smokeys Guild.

DoctorWhofan
03-10-2010, 01:14 AM
There is a time for everything, and the time to pull back the covers and reveal the truth about Smokey's Guild is now. Any claims of immense membership, proper player treatment, and a group of "honorable people, with no regard to lvl" are lies, told by Smokey himself, and required to be repeated by his officers.

The claims of "1000/ near 1000" membership is something of a fraud. The truth is that over 65% of Smokey's membership have been inactive now for more than 4 months, many for 1+ years, and another 10% are alt accounts, which are hardly logged onto as well. This leaves 25% of the total guild membership as active players, and I believe that number to be a stretch itself. Smokey lays claim to many of them leaving when the lvl cap was at 10, but there are over 184 names listed that are under lvl 10, ranging from 1-7.

When approached about the problem of such a large amount of inactive players, who have not bothered to log in for a year or more, there are two responses: excuses (and poor ones at that) and/or beratement. Smokey makes excuses of guild history, such as follows:

QUOTE="Smokeyturtle": "
Alot of people have been asking questions about a group of adventures, members, and officers that haven't been online for about 3 plus years.
Also why some are still officers of the guild.
I can explain...See in 2006 I started Smokey's Guild with a very large group of adventures all here to enjoy the DDO. All of us paid to play DDO aswell. Well when the 10th level cap hit us and they released the new Mod adventure, They didn't increase the leveling. Alot of us left the game because all of us wanted to increase in leveling.
These Members and Officers are to show the history of your guild and will always remain in the guild as the lost Adventures. Some are returning and when they do they still will have a place here at Smokey's Guild.
Just as you too will have your place in our guild.
I hope this answers alot of questions you may have had. So when you see names from 3 years ago, You will know this guild is here to stay."
SOURCE="Smokeys Guild Forums"

certian officers lay claim to the fact that Smokey's will be undergoing a "much needed house cleaning". I have heard this line since I joined, and while there has been MUCH MORE then ample oppertunity for it to happen, it has not. I challenge you, Smokey, to answer the question: What ARE you doing? are you cleaning house? are you keeping this mass list of inactives? PICK SOMETHING AND STICK WITH IT.

The line "some are returning" has also been used for at least 6 months, as long as I was a member. I have not seen a single one of those names log in, nor change to a more recent log-in time. I have also proposed that a "Memorial" page be posted on the guild forums, and that these members placed on that list, then removed from the guild charter so that we can institute some much needed fresh blood. This idea was not even entertained, and the truth behind why is sad.

All those inactive players are simply kept to lay some foundation to the claim of Smokey's "immense" membership. History and having a home to return to are nothing when placed against the claim of the "largest guild in Thelanis" in Smokey's eyes.

Beratement from Smokey and his officers are a common occurance if this subject is approached by members. I was personally called an idiot, arrogent, and told that it was none of my concern when I approached an officer (Desirenots, guild recruitment officer) about the subject, after another officer (Caldra, guild events officer) asked me what my point was, then rudely pawned any responsibility off to Desirenots, who I was more then polite to about the whole subject. This happened to me while I was not only a member, but in the running for my THIRD officership within the guild (I had deleted the other two previous characters, and yes, all the officers new who I was prior to this conversation). If the status and well-being are not the concern of the members, who ARE the very status and future of the guild, then whose right of concern is it?

Ask this question to Smokey and his officers, and expect different answers from each, or no answer at all, as ignoring people, both outsider and member alike, is almost a pronounced practice among the officers there. Any remark of the current/growing strength of Smokey's is naught but a cloud to hide the truth: Smokeys is a dying entity, a creature that suffers a growing cancer, both in the body of the beast and in it's head as well.

Smokey himself is more concerned with loyalty to himself then he is about loyalty to the guild and concern over it's health. Members and officers alike have been told exaggerated tales of Smokey's persecution, and have been, on several occasions, requested to "defend him" to other guilds, and players. Not defense of the guild, but defense of SMOKEY himself. He has talked more about the placement of spies in guilds he feels are "enemies" of his guild, then about promoting guild events, etc. Guilds that have been said to be infiltrated by Smokey and his spies are as follows: MERCS, AZ INC, Praetorian Household, Order of the Black Serpent, and Legion, among others. These spies are to report only to Smokey himself and the guilds above were mentioned in numerous officer meetings.

He uses the names of other guilds as insults to those that don't agree with him, specifically AZ Inc and Order of the Black Serpent, in his beratement of players. He keeps players with reported anger management issues (Desirenots has flown off the handle at more then a handful of players in the past 2 months, berating, belittling, and even booting those that DARE ask a question of her if she is in a quest) in as officers.

I was a member of Smokeys for 6 months. I have been an officer in that guild 3 times over. I partied with numerous members, and have seen the rising number of people leave/ get booted from the guild, up to an average of 20 members a week currently upon my exit of the guild.

As a warning to Future and current players, do NOT join Smokeys Guild. You will feel welcome for about 3 hours, then ignored. You will be berated and/or ignored if you ask questions when the officers are "busy". If you bother with the growth of the guild, the most recognition you can expect is a well-rehearsed "I've noticed" from Smokey and/or his officers, which is repeated to anyone that bothers to bring up their efforts, be they real or not. If made an officer, expect to be asked to be loyal to Smokey himself, not the guild. ALso expect to hear tales of members that have been booted for asking questions, or even asking officers to send a guild invite to other players.

My personal reccommendation is to find another guild, one without the mass of lies, betrayal, beratement, and poor officership, because to join Smokeys is to find a place full of the opposite of everything they lay claim to.

Jorill
Ex-officer and member
Formerly Smokeys Guild.

MERCS? as in the now defunct guild MERCS? Or my Guild, Merc's Only? Regardless, if mine, he is welcome to it, I have nothing to hide. His guild is listed in our penalty box due to some of my guildies having issues with various members. Regardless, Outside being driven up the wall by his annoying recruiting methods and been insulted by some of the officers on this forum, I don't care what he does.

Regardless, I find it interesting and worthy of popcorn munching. But you should remove some of the names due to forum rules.

Minor_Threat
03-10-2010, 01:38 AM
He has talked more about the placement of spies in guilds he feels are "enemies" of his guild, then about promoting guild events, etc. Guilds that have been said to be infiltrated by Smokey and his spies are as follows: MERCS, AZ INC, Praetorian Household, Order of the Black Serpent, and Legion, among others.

Teeheehee.
Legion has been infiltrated by Smokey's Guild.

Nyriana
03-10-2010, 02:00 AM
MERCS? as in the now defunct guild MERCS? Or my Guild, Merc's Only? Regardless, if mine, he is welcome to it, I have nothing to hide. His guild is listed in our penalty box due to some of my guildies having issues with various members. Regardless, Outside being driven up the wall by his annoying recruiting methods and been insulted by some of the officers on this forum, I don't care what he does.

Regardless, I find it interesting and worthy of popcorn munching. But you should remove some of the names due to forum rules.

names have been changed, but only to follow forum rules...if anyone asks me in game, I will be more then happy to name what officers/ members were involved.

and yes...the now defunct guild MERCS....it only goes to show how off-kilter SMokey has become

Minor_Threat
03-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Well, when someone names a guild after themselves there is a potential for some personality issues.

weyoun
03-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Guilds that have been said to be infiltrated by Smokey and his spies are as follows: MERCS, AZ INC, Praetorian Household, Order of the Black Serpent, and Legion, among others. These spies are to report only to Smokey himself and the guilds above were mentioned in numerous officer meetings.

Jorill
Ex-officer and member
Formerly Smokeys Guild.

How's that Thorazine treating you buddy? Looks like you need some more.

DoctorWhofan
03-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Well, when someone names a guild after themselves there is a potential for some personality issues.

Well, I was going to name mine the "WOrshippers of the Goddess of Tempest's Spine" But it was too long. WHew! Now I got out of the stigma of personality issues!

Minor_Threat
03-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Well, I was going to name mine the "WOrshippers of the Goddess of Tempest's Spine" But it was too long. WHew! Now I got out of the stigma of personality issues!

Well, you could always use "WOTGOTS"

WOTGOTS sounds pretty cool to me.

Nyriana
03-10-2010, 02:20 AM
How's that Thorazine treating you buddy? Looks like you need some more.

Just repeating whats been said NUMEROUS times by Smokey himself, in officer and member meetings for the guild....don't take it up with me....take it up with Smokey...I'm just the messenger.

weyoun
03-10-2010, 02:31 AM
I'll notify the officers immediately. We're gonna get the boys down at the crime lab working on it. They're gonna be working in shifts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcNpXmr-Ps

Nyriana
03-10-2010, 02:46 AM
I'll notify the officers immediately. We're gonna get the boys down at the crime lab working on it. They're gonna be working in shifts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcNpXmr-Ps

what would it hurt to at least look into it? Every guild can say that their too good to be infiltrated, but history shows that nothing is impossible, and infiltration is one of the easier things to do.
Your choice though....if you wish me a fool, then so be it....but you have been told...so if a future event shows that you DO have a spy amongst you, at least the knowledge was there, weither or not you did anything with it.

DoctorWhofan
03-10-2010, 03:04 AM
what would it hurt to at least look into it? Every guild can say that their too good to be infiltrated, but history shows that nothing is impossible, and infiltration is one of the easier things to do.
Your choice though....if you wish me a fool, then so be it....but you have been told...so if a future event shows that you DO have a spy amongst you, at least the knowledge was there, weither or not you did anything with it.

Not legion. THough it would be funny if there was one.

DoctorWhofan
03-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Well, you could always use "WOTGOTS"

WOTGOTS sounds pretty cool to me.

bah! :p

Delt
03-10-2010, 05:04 AM

I've had my suspicions for awhile about a Certain someone possibly being a double agent for Smokey, but I don't wanna say anything until I have decicive proof.

BurningDownTheHouse
03-10-2010, 05:15 AM
I've had my suspicions for awhile about a Certain someone possibly being a double agent for Smokey, but I don't wanna say anything until I have decicive proof.

Lmao, you definitly got him banged to rights there. :D

Xithos
03-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Oh Gawd, my cover has been blown! It was only a matter of time before Weyoun put the pieces together; now I am going to have to retreat to Cartagena until this thing blows over.

OP, as far as your angry rant concerning Smokey's Guild is goes I don't think this is news to anyone. You spent 5 months and 29 days longer than was necessary in an awful guild constructed around a creepy pyramid scheme where officership is granted on the basis of newbies recruited. Smokey and crew even went as far as to boot a solid player from one of their runs on the basis that he was deaf. It's too bad you took getting kicked out or ostracized by the guild so harshly; play the game well and find yourself a decent guild that matches your playstyle and ideals. However, this rant was 100% win in my book because it lead to a Big Lebowski link that had me laughing for five minutes. I think it was the Big Lebowski anyway.

Deusxmachina
03-10-2010, 12:14 PM

What, exactly, are they spying on? :confused: If someone in those other guilds says something negative about a Smokey's Guild member, then Smokey's Guild won't group with anyone from that other guild? I would assume one guild saying negative things about another guild don't want to group with that other guild anyway.

Would think any spying would benefit another guild more than anything, assuming they take the criticism to heart. "Why doesn't that other guild like us!? They say it's because we do x or y. The nerve! ...oh, well, I guess we do do that, don't we...."

DoctorWhofan
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
What, exactly, are they spying on? :confused: If someone in those other guilds says something negative about a Smokey's Guild member, then Smokey's Guild won't group with anyone from that other guild? I would assume one guild saying negative things about another guild don't want to group with that other guild anyway.

Would think any spying would benefit another guild more than anything, assuming they take the criticism to heart. "Why doesn't that other guild like us!? They say it's because we do x or y. The nerve! ...oh, well, I guess we do do that, don't we...."

How about the fact he's terrified of an now defunct guild. MERCS doesn't exist (pity, I miss those guys!)

Clay
03-10-2010, 12:35 PM

LMAO

i thought there was something funny about that guy!

And to the ranters naive idea that Legion could be infiltrated... we are a "by invitation only" guild... I highly doubt someone could "sneak in."

But, now that you mention it... i guess we know where Womp went!

:eek::eek:

Judo
03-10-2010, 12:39 PM
smokeyturtle is a godd**n ninja!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuigcXvcy1A

Xithos
03-10-2010, 12:40 PM
LMAO

And to the ranters naive idea that Legion could be infiltrated... we are a "by invitation only" guild... I highly doubt someone could "sneak in."

Damn Clay, I just had a Fight Club epiphany. I have never talked to or seen Smokey and Womp has been conveniently absent. What if Womp has a SEVERE personality disorder and he is Smokey. Womp has been leading two guilds that could not be more different and does not realize this himself.

Lagin
03-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Legion has been infiltrated by Smokey's Guild.

Now it's getting time for popcorn!

This quote is one of the funniest things Ive read lately!

As for Smokeys, I wont group with any of the higher levels Ive met, as they were rude and didnt participate as other raid members (following the party leaders order)

Thats not say, if Im puggin a shroud or hound, and I join with some of their members in the group, I wont drop.
I dont care how long they have been around, to me they act like a bunch of twerps.
Sorry Mr. Turtle, your philosophy on "everybody is welcome" is like WoW mentality.

Get a grip, and try to be a good guild, not the biggest.

PS, I dont care if I get a neg rep for this reply, because we're talking about feeding another over-inflated ego Mr. Turtles. And his officers.

Here's the skinny for how to amend this nonsense, stop this mass recruiting scheme, and start making your guilds name respectable. (right now your the laughing stock of Thelanis)

OH! Have a nice day!:cool:

Clay
03-10-2010, 12:51 PM
start making your guilds name respectable. (right now your the laughing stock of Thelanis)

OH! Have a nice day!:cool:

ummm...

must refrain!

devil on the left shoulder is starting to get boisterous!

Uh oh.

Of course the quoted accusation comes from the guy who pugs out the leadership of his guild...

Clay
03-10-2010, 01:05 PM

my response (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY)

Judo
03-10-2010, 01:46 PM
is this for real?

are we really having a discussion about spies "infiltrating" guilds?

really?

sweet merciful ****, go get laid

weyoun
03-10-2010, 01:56 PM
is this for real?

are we really having a discussion about spies "infiltrating" guilds?

really?

sweet merciful ****, go get laid

+1 reps

Clay
03-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Screenshot or it didn't happen!

(i wonder how TnT would feel about pics of TnA?)

weyoun
03-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Screenshot or it didn't happen!

(i wonder how TnT would feel about pics of TnA?)

Go to bed Clay!!!

Xaearth
03-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Interesting...
The thought of such a guild training spies to infiltrate Legion... :eek:
All I can imagine is something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwezAsdrVxI)... :D

Clay
03-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Go to bed Clay!!!

i can't

I am distracted by youtube music videos!

this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pBo-GL9SRg&feature=channel), led to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JnGBs88sL0&feature=channel), led to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J3vgcE5i2o&feature=channel), led to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I&feature=related), led to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESGLojNYSo&feature=channel),

Vint
03-10-2010, 02:59 PM

I love Judo

Judo
03-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I love Judo

like mother like son :)

jones20992
03-16-2010, 04:46 PM
[begin transmission]

as most ppl already know i have been out of smokey for a little over a month to spy on D.W.A.T. i am here to report my findings

1} yes just as we thought D.W.A.T. is full of friendly high level raiding folks who are extremaly well equiped and are ready for battle at just a moments notice

2} they seem to have a highly advanced form of orgenization and leadership. to this effect even after meny weeks in deep cover i am unable to establish a leader other then some patsy who seems to be a leader only in name, i have found that this group is controled by a super secret counsel of ultra elite shadowes only knowen as "the officers" of winch i am unable to brake in to there ranks, every time i try i am berated with "hello" and "how are you doing today"

3} i have learned that Sundays are called "smash Smokey's Sunday"

4} these people have a weird way of controlling and manipulating the masses by handing over end game loot and thousands of platinum pieces just to "help others out"

5} they force there members in to slavery with things called "raids" and "flagging quest"

more to come in my full debriefing report

jones out!

[end transmition]

Yajerman01
03-16-2010, 05:02 PM
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3632/smokeyn.jpg

Only you can prevent Troll Fire!!

MistressDom
03-17-2010, 10:07 PM

For all to READ!!!!!

I have the entire conversation with Jorill saved on my hard drive for anyone to see I wasn't rude and I wasn't Mean untill he provoct me!!! I'm one of the nices people in our guild and I help alot of people, so to have someone badmouth me and my guildies makes me angry!!!! In the case of Jorill I had told him that it is Smokeys guild and he makes the final Decisions on what is good for the guild and that it isn't for him or myself to say who stays or goes. And for all to know the reason that we have as many people absent in the guild is none of anyones business but those whom it pretains to so..... SMOKEYS GUILD WILL BE HERE FOREVER so just get over yourself!!!!!

Smokeyturtle
03-17-2010, 10:25 PM
All welcome at Smokey's Guild..
Any level/class/race/gender
are welcome
to join our Fellowship Guild.
We are always online 24/7
"Eight days a week.."
(great song)
To help out new players,
Questing help,
Or maybe you just
need a change of guilds?
For the guild your in now isn't the
right fit for your character.
Don't worry we have it all..
We have guild events,quest groups,role playing,
also pvp for all your characters needs.
You couldn't ask for more in a guild.

We also have a web page aswell

http://SmokeysGuild.com

A Guild Forum Too..

http://smokeysguilds.spruz.com/

So you can grow within the guild and share
your greatest moments here at
Smokey's Guild..

Fight Well Friends

Judo
03-17-2010, 10:29 PM
For all to READ!!!!!

I have the entire conversation with Jorill saved on my hard drive for anyone to see I wasn't rude and I wasn't Mean untill he provoct me!!! I'm one of the nices people in our guild and I help alot of people, so to have someone badmouth me and my guildies makes me angry!!!! In the case of Jorill I had told him that it is Smokeys guild and he makes the final Decisions on what is good for the guild and that it isn't for him or myself to say who stays or goes. And for all to know the reason that we have as many people absent in the guild is none of anyones business but those whom it pretains to so..... SMOKEYS GUILD WILL BE HERE FOREVER so just get over yourself!!!!!

sorta like a cockroach

Vua
03-18-2010, 11:59 AM
How about the fact he's terrified of an now defunct guild. MERCS doesn't exist (pity, I miss those guys!)

Actually MERCS does exist again. We had some people return when f2p came out and decided to start the guild again, on Cannith.

enteriiblackwater
03-18-2010, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHlopjHepEw&feature=related

:D

Ent

Maxelcat
03-18-2010, 02:05 PM
*popcorn*

DoctorWhofan
03-18-2010, 02:16 PM
For all to READ!!!!!

Dear, I didn't attack you, you attacked me. And since I have never played with you (to my knowledge) online I have no clue what you are like on line. I do try to keep things within the confines of a PM, as with me and you.

I haven't accused you of anything, just something you said on another thread. I left it at that with no names. YOU are bringing it up. So air out all the laundry, and I will air out mine, if you want. The forums can decide who washes with Tide, and who washes with latrine water.

Because all it is, is reptuation.

And as of this date, my guild's policy hasn't changed.

And what about Jorill? and what do you mean? I have no clue about that except he's in my guild now. Good guy. HAve no clue what guild he was in before.

DoctorWhofan
03-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Actually MERCS does exist again. We had some people return when f2p came out and decided to start the guild again, on Cannith.

Boo. THey need to come to Thelanis. I miss those guys.

Impaqt
03-18-2010, 02:34 PM
For all to READ!!!!!

Yes, your pleasant demeanor and winning personality shines through in all of your forum posts.

Arkat
03-18-2010, 02:44 PM
For all to READ!!!!!

DEFINITELY some anger management issues here.

DoctorWhofan
03-18-2010, 03:02 PM

And I wish to know why.

DoctorWhofan
03-18-2010, 05:09 PM
she's in smokeys guild...and proud of it...

logic, sanity, smokeys guild seeks not these things...

And I am proud of my guild, it's small, and we are not perfect, but we have alot of like minded people just trying to have fun and help others have fun too. But I will stick up for my guild also, but I realise even I am not perfect, so I'd rather talk it out in PMs rather than waving it out in public. I mean, it could be my guildie's fault, too. Or mine. I just don't understand that kind of thought process. I mean, pride is good, but too much will make you wear blinders.

Minor_Threat
03-18-2010, 05:18 PM

Grouping with her is a barrel of laughs.

Gladiator_206
03-18-2010, 05:30 PM
i think practically anyone who has ran with that guild knows that everyone thee is inexperienced, imune to sujestions, and has the most anoying recruiting tactics ever.

I hate to be the knight in shining armor thats riding the donkey, but i don't think spammer's guild can ever get its cred back.

Arkat
03-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Grouping with her is a barrel of laughs.

Does she sound like the "Franks and beans!" guy from There's Something About Mary?

cm2_supernova
03-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Does anyone else think its odd that anyone would actually place spies in enemy guilds and force officers to repeat mantras?

Whats even more messed up is the officers and spies who fall in line...seems a little demented to me.

Why do I get the feeling that Smokey's is going to be an inspiration for a Criminal Minds episode someday?

Woody00
03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
For all to READ!!!!!

When I first read the title and the first couple lines of your post you were like.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS4X5_-OAE8)

Then when I finished reading I realized you were just... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOC-hDULX1c):(

Ree
03-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Hrm...

Well, this is interesting.

What I also thought was interesting was when the lvl 18 cleric announced he was switching to wands, and after a wipe asked the other cleric what he was using to heal the party (heal scrolls). I'm glad he asked, cuz his guild obviously didn't help him out.

So if you happen to end up with a random Smokey, maybe they truly just don't know any better. (Not that it's anyone's responsibility to educate, just sayin...)

Minor_Threat
03-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Does she sound like the "Franks and beans!" guy from There's Something About Mary?

Sorta, but angrier. She got pretty irritated when I asked about her build (http://my.ddo.com/character/thelanis/desirenots/) too.

DoctorWhofan
03-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Sorta, but angrier. She got pretty irritated when I asked about her build (http://my.ddo.com/character/thelanis/desirenots/) too.

no way!

Caustic
03-18-2010, 11:09 PM
i think practically anyone who has ran with that guild knows that everyone thee is inexperienced, imune to sujestions, and has the most anoying recruiting tactics ever.

I hate to be the knight in shining armor thats riding the donkey, but i don't think spammer's guild can ever get its cred back.

I have an ALT (LVL 5 Monk) in Smokey's Guild and so far, happy to have her there. So im not sure that every one's automaticly inexperienced. Not everyone is on the same learning curve in any guild. As far as recuiting tactics, All i did was ask to be in it.

Arkat
03-19-2010, 05:10 PM
As far as recuiting tactics, All i did was ask to be in it.

Therein lies the problem. Maybe not for YOU per se but it's probably a problem in general.

Guilds get reputation good or bad based on the conduct of their players. If a guild will allow just anybody in without some sort of screening process, they are taking a real chance a new member will severely hurt a guild's reputation which can, in turn, harm the guild's prospects for solid growth and or attracting good players.

Caustic
03-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Therein lies the problem. Maybe not for YOU per se but it's probably a problem in general.

Guilds get reputation good or bad based on the conduct of their players. If a guild will allow just anybody in without some sort of screening process, they are taking a real chance a new member will severely hurt a guild's reputation which can, in turn, harm the guild's prospects for solid growth and or attracting good players.

Good point I grant you. However, I have been in a few guilds in DDO with different alts and other mmo. COX as a CO-Founder, the one thing I do know is no matter how good a screening process is, no can never be sure who you really get. Even good players sometimes can do the wrong thing. I feel you just have to deal with the player on a case by case bases and not condem the whole Guild or group for it. I dont speak out much and I just follow who is ever leading so I may not be the best judge of this for whats it's worth. I'm just not into bashing... be Guild or Player. Except for that crybaby rogue who always hid in the corner crying. (You know who you are)

DoctorWhofan
03-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Good point I grant you. However, I have been in a few guilds in DDO with different alts and other mmo. COX as a CO-Founder, the one thing I do know is no matter how good a screening process is, no can never be sure who you really get. Even good players sometimes can do the wrong thing. I feel you just have to deal with the player on a case by case bases and not condem the whole Guild or group for it. I dont speak out much and I just follow who is ever leading so I may not be the best judge of this for whats it's worth. I'm just not into bashing... be Guild or Player. Except for that crybaby rogue who always hid in the corner crying. (You know who you are)

Outside the extremely annoying spamming habit, I had no issues with this guild. They were on our Penalty BOx (that's not banned) because of the HIGH amount of not new players, but BAD players. Ones that don't listen, cop an 'tude, and generally be arrogant and not team oriented. I've also met some nice guys in the guild so it rates a caution to my guildies. Forthe record, so does Legion. Not many people who are new can handle their personalities.

It a member of your guild, mistressdom, who agressively and publicly attacked me wit h little justifcation. Not just here but on other threads and PMs. Even if half the stuff mentioned in post #8 are true, it give me thought and concern.

Nyriana
03-20-2010, 08:58 AM
For all to READ!!!!!

.....And a toothless lion raises her head to roar.

I NEVER provoced you, and I CHALLENGE you to put it online for everyone to see. I did explained to you that I was on my room-mates account at the time, with him standing behind me, and stated to you that it was as such. He also notified you when he came back ON, so the conversation was with two seperate people. You outright attacked me in that conversation. Only reason I stepped in was because of how another officer was talking to him, which was rather rude in and of itself. When I saw said officers responses to my friend, who was also civil, I was upset & embarressed. To think I had spoken so highly of Smokeys, protected it, defended it, hell....even bothered to give a damn...only to have a personal friend of mine, who I asked to try the guild out and talked only good things concerning the guild to, talked to in such a rude manner, like someone tossing aside the chaft in harvest.

Then YOU crossed the line...because you immediately started to attack me when you came on, after asking if it was me. I answered that I was there....and you attack me. Called me an idiot and arrogant. Ask my guildies now...ask the leader of Sacred Heart, who I ran with. Ask members of Tactical Legion, IS, and Archangels. Ask them that when I grouped with them, did I seem like a person that was an idiot and arrogant. Ask some of your own guild if I seemed like an idiot...because the answer from all is a resounding NO. And as for arrogant....have you or Smokey bothered to look in a mirror in the past few months?

Put your money where your mouth is...Post the entire convo...you screenshot it, right?...Post it up

And again, if a guild is SUFFERING because of it's amount of inactives, then it's the concern of ALL guild members, not just the founder. Your basically trying to tell us that Smokey is infallable when it comes to decisions in his guild. I dare say that EVERY guild leader, or former leader, will admit that they have made bad decisions at one point or another. If Smokey is so infallable, then why has he booted multiple people that HE recruited himself? When the hell did he become Pope Smokey, and where was the guild when this happened?

How much of this post from you did Smokey tell you to write, anyway? I ask because, from the way you talk about it, he holds sway for all decisions in his guild, including descisions made by other members. So happy for you that he decided to let you post what he told you to post. You must feel so much better. *sarcasm drip*

Deusxmachina
03-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Forthe record, so does Legion. Not many people who are new can handle their personalities.

Personalities? Since they mainly talk on Vent, I rarely hear them say a word. I just figured they were all mimes. :p

HeavenlyCloud
03-20-2010, 02:32 PM
LMAO

Can i get an invite? :(

Smokeyturtle
03-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Jorill, or (anyone) your room mate, Girl friend, anyone that causes problems to make others feel like **** or just being plain rude to people will be removed

((Point Blank))

At one time I taked highly of you and your girl friend. But well, when I have more then one member in my guild complain about conduct I have to take action. I'm glad your happy in your new guild. We at Smokey's guild are a fellowship guild and thats all I ever wanted anyone that plays DDO online. Is to have a good time. "Let me get this strait."

"I do not tell other people what to say on here. Look all the times people bashed me and my guild. I never told anyone to come say good things about us to help me. I'm a man, not worried about dumb people. Or trolls"

I control nobody or their actions. You and Her had your problems, but that wasn't the reasons you was removed. And I think getting on a forum and you being a member of this guild at one time even a (officer) your bashing shows the reason you had to be removed. I had no problems from you untill other members said they was leaving because of your actions and officer complaints. I have booted many of trouble makers and people acting a fool. Trashing the guild name. I really wish you the best in life.

This GAME and others I play for enjoyment after a hard day of work. I feel many others would agree it shows a persons true character to be a rude person to people and guildies. As for Desirenots actions, hey she is tired of people and members giving this guild a bad name.

Trashing people and a guild I started for fun and fellowship is in poor taste. But hey if it makes you sleep better at night more power to you. I like my guild and alot of the members I call friends. One day I said the same about you and your girl. But like everything in life things change.

Are we in the Penalty BOx ?
Kool, I love hockey on a power play.
Makes the game more fun to watch

Best of luck to you and yours.

Smokeyturtle
Leader of Smokey's guild

DoctorWhofan
03-21-2010, 02:20 AM
Personalities? Since they mainly talk on Vent, I rarely hear them say a word. I just figured they were all mimes. :p

Or Ren's evil zombie clone army of pirate Ninjas! I KNOW the Truth!

:p

Nyriana
03-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Jorill, or (anyone) your room mate, Girl friend, anyone that causes problems to make others feel like **** or just being plain rude to people will be removed

*then by your estimate, Desirenots and several of your officers/members need to be removed. Better get on that. Could have sworn that your officers being uncivil, booting people for asking questions, and insulting members would be considered rude and making people feel like shyt. Love how you put polish all over that, though, to try and make it look like them doing their job.*

At one time I taked highly of you and your girl friend. But well, when I have more then one member in my guild complain about conduct I have to take action. I'm glad your happy in your new guild. We at Smokey's guild are a fellowship guild and thats all I ever wanted anyone that plays DDO online. Is to have a good time. "Let me get this strait."

*Yep, looks I get to call it: Bullshyt. What you DID do is LIE to my face about how you "respect" me. You didn't even know she was my GF till the week all this went down. You want to talk about complaints about conduct? Have you SEEN the forums and heard the talk about the MULTIPLE people in your guild, including officers, that many players never want to bother gaming with again, BECAUSE of their conduct? And to top it off, you call yourself a "fellowship" guild? How is it having a good time and being about fellowship when your obsessed with placing spies in other guilds and use the names of other guilds as insults against your own members?*

"I do not tell other people what to say on here. Look all the times people bashed me and my guild. I never told anyone to come say good things about us to help me. I'm a man, not worried about dumb people. Or trolls"

*So I am a troll now? I wonder where that falls in the "rude and making ppl feel like shyt" category you claim I love to spend so much time in. and if your not worried about "trolls" or "dumb people", then why are you here responding if I am a "troll" and your recruiting officer deems me an "idiot"?

Let me explain to you, and everyone here, why you bothered to respond: your ****ed off that I took the covers off your entire charade. You tried to ignore it, but then sent your recruitment officer to try and make me look a fool. Unfortunately, not only did she fail, but was pointed out (even further) to have anger management issues and be one of the KEY people that is causing such a bad name for your guild. Now you think that you have the ability to make me look a fool, but you made a mistake. You made the mistake in thinking that the false size of your guild and your personal time here matters to any of these people or me. You can have one of the smallest guilds, or one of the biggiest. It wouldn't matter, because if you ran either the way you run yours now, you would still have the same TERRIBLE reputation. Welcome to the Matrix: your size and time do not matter in this place.*

I control nobody or their actions. You and Her had your problems, but that wasn't the reasons you was removed. And I think getting on a forum and you being a member of this guild at one time even a (officer) your bashing shows the reason you had to be removed. I had no problems from you untill other members said they was leaving because of your actions and officer complaints. I have booted many of trouble makers and people acting a fool. Trashing the guild name. I really wish you the best in life.

*First off, My GF was never REMOVED from the guild. She LEFT after you told her to "go sell stock in AZ Inc." Btw, what a great way to show fellowship, because it's not the first time you used it as an insult to members. You told her that because she called you out on your lies and bullshyt at a guild meeting. I know this because I was on the phone with her and HEARD you say it, as did everyone in that meeting.

My Room-mate was also a member of Smokey's, who is ANOTHER person you told to "go sell stock in AZ Inc.". After you told him that, he LEFT...you did NOT remove him. The only person you removed was me.

You removed me because you were AFRAID of backlash, for all the good it did you. For someone that claims fellowship and respect, you should have at least talked to me about this so-called "issues". I will now address these "issues". Did I ruffle feathers while in Smokeys Guild? Damn skippy I did. When someone from the guild was behaving poorly in a party, and I was a member of that party at the time, I admonished them, civilly, in PM. I told them that their behavior was much less the satisfactory, either from the fact that they refused to listen to anyone in the party, or went halfway through the quest and left after dying once or twice...and then left with an attitude. THOSE are the people that got their feathers ruffled by me, and I ONLY did it if I was a witness to it.

As for officer complaints, all I EVER recieved from your officers was PRAISE for my actions and words to said members, especially after you had an officer meeting that centered around troubled players. At one time, I came up with most of your officers. We gamed together, leveled together, etc. The day before your recruitment officer called me an idiot, she COMPLIMENTED me on what I was doing, and told me that I had 4 votes to become an officer AGAIN, something I very plainly said that I didn't care if I had or not. I was called an "example member" by her, something she said was an opinion shared by the other officers. No complaints or concerns were ever brought to my attention, which is what happens when you actually respect someone. I received no mail, PM...nothing...about complaints or concerns with my actions as a member or a player. You can say that I am not entitled to them, in fact, I'm sure thats what you want to think, but I know that when I have concerns over something someone does, I go discuss it with them prior to action. I do that because I RESPECT them...something you CLAIM to have for people.*

This GAME and others I play for enjoyment after a hard day of work. I feel many others would agree it shows a persons true character to be a rude person to people and guildies. As for Desirenots actions, hey she is tired of people and members giving this guild a bad name.

*So you are actually going to sit there and give her PRAISE for being rude and treating other people like shyt. You really need to pick a side on that topic, Smokey. I love how this "remove people that are rude" applies to everyone, EXCEPT the ones that are content to deal with your bullshyt. I know for a solid fact that there are several former members of Smokeys that were removed for nothing more then asking a question of an officer while said officer was in a quest. A damn question....and your officers kicked them, because, as they put it, it ANNOYED them to be asked questions while on a quest. You yourself kicked out a couple players during my time there, and then responded, in guild chat, "good riddence to the pest", simply because he asked the same question to several officers at the same time. When one after another didn't answer him, but decided he was a nuisence, you booted him. how hard is it to stop and answer a question? I do it all the time: I stop moving my character when I hit a safe spot, and answer a question, or give advice. Why is that such a chore to your officers, and you?

The actions and attitudes of officers are to be contributed to their leader. I am not saying that there is not a bad apple every now and then, but when your ENTIRE officer group is acting the same way, their taking their que from their leader, because he/she is setting the standard of how they expect their officers to act. This is true for any guild. If someone does not act according to what you feel is proper for officers of your guild, your demote them. Your officers are rude, insulting, arrogant, and treat people poorly, because that is the example YOU have shown them that you want for an officer.*

Trashing people and a guild I started for fun and fellowship is in poor taste. But hey if it makes you sleep better at night more power to you. I like my guild and alot of the members I call friends. One day I said the same about you and your girl. But like everything in life things change.

*yep...things change. My eyes were opened to your bullshyt, and when I could see, you tossed me out. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king, but the two-eyed man is his fear.*

Now that that's done, I will take it a step further, to clarify things.

I made the OP/rant as a SOLO player. I had no guild at that time. I only began searching for a guild AFTER that post was made, a fact that both IS and Archangels can verify. I do not intend any of this to be a reflection of my current guild, as it is an issue I have had prior to joining them. In fact, my origional rant contains problems and issues I had PRIOR to being removed from Smokeys, for at least a month.

Smokey is trying to make this a "Merc's Only" vs. "Smokeys" issue, just like he did with AZ Inc. This is not a "Merc's Only" vs. "Smokeys" issue, though they do have prior issues. This is a "Jorill the player" vs "Smokey's" issue, and I have informed my guild that, should they deem the need to put me on probation, or even remove me, because of it, then I respect that.

To clarify things with AZ Inc, it is no secret that I was one of the main voices, if not the main voice, against the concept that AZ Inc was founded on when they were first formed. You can find anything I said against them in these very forums. Since then, I have left several messages to their guild founder. While I still don't agree with their concept, and still believe it to be a scam, I have asked to simply bury the hatchet. This was done both as a Smokey's member, and a Solo player. I have asked several members of AZ Inc to let their leader know he has messages, both in game and in this forum, from me.

I also let him know that I did not, and do not, agree with Smokey's use of their guild name as an insult to other people, no matter my personal feelings about their guild.

DoctorWhofan
03-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Now that that's done, I will take it a step further, to clarify things.

I made the OP/rant as a SOLO player. I had no guild at that time. I only began searching for a guild AFTER that post was made, a fact that both IS and Archangels can verify. I do not intend any of this to be a reflection of my current guild, as it is an issue I have had prior to joining them. In fact, my origional rant contains problems and issues I had PRIOR to being removed from Smokeys, for at least a month.

Smokey is trying to make this a "Merc's Only" vs. "Smokeys" issue, just like he did with AZ Inc. This is not a "Merc's Only" vs. "Smokeys" issue, though they do have prior issues. This is a "Jorill the player" vs "Smokey's" issue, and I have informed my guild that, should they deem the need to put me on probation, or even remove me, because of it, then I respect that.

To clarify things with AZ Inc, it is no secret that I was one of the main voices, if not the main voice, against the concept that AZ Inc was founded on when they were first formed. You can find anything I said against them in these very forums. Since then, I have left several messages to their guild founder. While I still don't agree with their concept, and still believe it to be a scam, I have asked to simply bury the hatchet. This was done both as a Smokey's member, and a Solo player. I have asked several members of AZ Inc to let their leader know he has messages, both in game and in this forum, from me.

I also let him know that I did not, and do not, agree with Smokey's use of their guild name as an insult to other people, no matter my personal feelings about their guild.

You are my guildie. I invited you. You are a solid player and good person. You work well with new players other guilds and guildies alike. You haven't broke any of my guild rules. Why should I put you on "probation" again? Bah! Relax.

((Point Blank))

Are we in the Penalty BOx ?
Kool, I love hockey on a power play.
Makes the game more fun to watch

Best of luck to you and yours.

Smokeyturtle
Leader of Smokey's guild

Nice to see you take an interest in this rather than your usual retortic of "Join Smokey's!". If you wish to discuss the particulars of this issues in-game, and away from the forums, send me a tell or ask any Merc's Only member and ask for Trissa.

As a Guild leader for many years, I have learned that I am responsible for my people's behavior. If they act like a jerk, then it might as well me acting like a jerk. That's why I try to screen my guild with people who like to play the way I like. I am in contact with everyone on at least a weekly basis and try to settle issues, take care of problems or jsut have fun with them.

I hold my guildies to the same level as me, and while many are new, they have all are turning out to be balanced, well rounded fun players that many guilds and players want to bring with them. We are actively being sought out by new players for advice or just running quests with them. Sure it takes along time and alot of my gaming time can be sucked up by guild stuff, but I am pretty happy with what was a guild that was started to ignore blind and constant guild invites from 4 years ago.

Offically as of now, Nyriana/Jorill is in my guild and I stand by him. Whether or not he told the truth remains to be seen, however, I have resources myself that not directly confirm his story but give me similar stories. Mistressdom has been nothing but aggressive with me for no reason. And from what others have said (from PuGs and such) that personality extends within the game. I tired to use PMs to clear any "problem" between her and me but have been rejected.

IF you want this Smokey's vs. Merc's Only knockdown fight. You can. But we will not break Turbine rules. If you want to talk about it, I'll do that. But, our policy will not change. My guilds are to report bad behavior and griefing to my senior officers if I am not on or me. My peeps are instructed to NOT escalate any argument nor partcipate in any griefing. Smokey's Guild STILL, is not offically banned or avoided by my guild.

FInally you may want to get the whole story. You may want to take a more active role in your guild, and make sure your officers are doing what you want and are acting the way you want both inside and outside your guild. Loyalty does not equal quality. I have a few guildies that are probably not the best representive of the guild. THey also do not hold positions of authority with in the structure. ANd they are in my penalty box. My guildies have the same "THree strikes" rule that I hold for every guild and every person in the game.

I also try to get the whole story and avocate honesty. If the make a mistake, admit it. We are not all perfect, as the guild name demostrates. I am certainally not perfect, and do have to eat crow on occasion. I challenge you to do the same, Smokey.

Finally, any issues I have with you is generally directed at your guild functionality and recruiting process. Not at YOU, per se. Having never played with you, I just don't know YOU. I think your guild, by the way it is created and functions, drags you down. And you have put up blinders up. But only YOU can see that. Only YOU can fix. I cannot help you if you are not willing to take a long and soulful look at yourself and your guild. IF you do not fix it, I can predict major issues for you and your guild in the future.

Smokeyturtle
03-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey you really feel I wanted to throw you out of the guild. You was a asset to my guild untill you , your room mate, and yes I did know she was your girl friend she would tell me when you couldn't make it to meetings and why you wasn't online as much, ask her yourself. I do listen to members and never did I bash you or your girl friend. And the troll comment was not directed to you it was to people on the forum that bash other guilds. As far as the truth, come on man you really think I boot people for asking questions? Hey you don't like me any more thats cool. I wanted to work this out in a meeting. But worrying about inactive members and your girl being officer like right now damit while I just got done working a 60 hour work week was last on my mind when I logged on. How your room mate demanded it.. is not cool with me. You even told me sorry for his actions did you not? And if them members left because they was not good players in quest groups, why didn't you tell me instead of them telling me instead. Its cool jorill. Bash my guild some more tell people how I want to trash all these guilds. Sorry for ever trusting you. As far as the spys come on dude how many members in my guild are in other guilds and them in mine. You said yourself you have other members in other guilds. Its nothing new. And who the hell is Merc? I'm a enemy to them news to me. I don't even know that guild. Like I said have a good one. Was good while it lasted though huh.

Nothing but the best
Smokey

Nyriana
03-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Hey you really feel I wanted to throw you out of the guild. You was a asset to my guild untill you , your room mate, and yes I did know she was your girl friend she would tell me when you couldn't make it to meetings and why you wasn't online as much, ask her yourself. I do listen to members and never did I bash you or your girl friend. And the troll comment was not directed to you it was to people on the forum that bash other guilds. As far as the truth, come on man you really think I boot people for asking questions? Hey you don't like me any more thats cool. I wanted to work this out in a meeting. But worrying about inactive members and your girl being officer like right now damit while I just got done working a 60 hour work week was last on my mind when I logged on. How your room mate demanded it.. is not cool with me. You even told me sorry for his actions did you not? And if them members left because they was not good players in quest groups, why didn't you tell me instead of them telling me instead. Its cool jorill. Bash my guild some more tell people how I want to trash all these guilds. Sorry for ever trusting you. As far as the spys come on dude how many members in my guild are in other guilds and them in mine. You said yourself you have other members in other guilds. Its nothing new. And who the hell is Merc? I'm a enemy to them news to me. I don't even know that guild. Like I said have a good one. Was good while it lasted though huh.

Nothing but the best
Smokey

This will be the last word I have for this, and you, Smokey..so pay very close attention, please.
You said I was an asset, that you wanted to work it out in a meeting, but you never waited for me to show to a meeting, sent me a mail in game, in this forum, or the Smokey's guild forum. There was never an option for me to try to work it out in a meeting, so what you "wanted" and did are on two separate sides of the spectrum.
This entire message is you trying to look like you want bygones to be bygones, but instead you work more on trying, again, to put this all on me. Again, you failed.
You answer none of the challenges or questions I have put to you. Instead, you avoid things and/or make excuses, just like you do in your guild. Your guild members were getting ejected from parties for just being in your guild, and that was happening way before I even started playing. If you take nothing away from this entire thing..take that fact away from it...focus on it...meditate on it...and then please, for the sake of what decent players are left in your guild, fix it.
Because as long as you keep blinders on, the problem will escalate till it comes across that only new guilds or new players will bother to party with Smokeys members...and you will be left with nothing but yourselves in the end.

As for what future there is between you and me, I will be civil, because thats who/what I am. I will not grief any member of Smokey's, nor will I dump a member of Smokey's from a party unless they deserve it through their actions. I will stay friends with what members of Smokeys I care too, and I will not bring mention of this to them.
Make no mistake though: what I feel, because of my treatment over the whole thing by you and yours, scares all the creatures that lay in the depths of Hades, and if wrath can be measured in temperature, then this is colder then any Stygian prison.

begbie
03-22-2010, 07:38 AM
Dude.. your first post here was sexy man.. i got all sweaty betty over it and then you wrote this..

LOL...

Always quit when yer ahead.. your 1st article brought me to the days of Hennebux, Scarsgaard, & Memory.. you nicely vilified someone that is on the server watch lists perfectly and then you ruined it when you mentioned him spying on Guilds.

LOL.. having ran in a party with Smokey in it a cpl times, I am very aware of his skilll set, and to be honest, he wouldn't qualify for an elite guild. Nice enough guy... but he isn't elite..

Spying on regular guilds with a casual game style and an open policy would be pointless cuz.. heck.. those players don't have secrets.. they share info readily and are pleasant to play with... in other words... it's hard to set up spies in your mom's house, cuz the fridge is open and her sex toys are in the bottom drawer underneath the granny panties ya never wanted to touch :D

So.. with this in mind, I'll bid adieu, and salute your first post and ignore your second...

/my2cents

Smokeyturtle
03-22-2010, 08:25 AM
With our guild growing and growing everyday, High level/Med level/Low level coming into the guild daily Its time our guild did a complete overhaul. Yeah I know, It sounds like alot of work for one person...nah. I have a great team. Our guild. With alot of the new ideas and plans we have I am very looking forward to this task. Here is a taste of whats in store....:D

1 We as a team are going to meet each character and find out more about them.
2 To help new character or old with needs inside the game..
3 Having weekly events for more fun inside the guild.
4 Keeping the Raid Boot camp going on help out our new members know the nuts and bolts of the raid. (not the bug spray)
5 Keeping Smokey's guild a fellowship guild and ran like so.
6 Talking to each other and new members for they are the reason for our guild.
7 Helping the characters become the very best..With advice from the Vets on character building.
8 Keeping the guild running great and staying great.
9 Informing members that this is for them not me. Something I have always lived by.
10 Always looking to the guild for quest group members first is our rule one.

We will be holding a very fun event for guildies to ring in the new changes and seeing to it they are set in stone.
For I have seen alot of blood shed on the tomb of our past.

The 1st annual Smokey's Baptism.

Yes this is away to wash away the old to bring in the new.

We will let all know when we will have this great guild event.

"May your sword be your shield and the spells you cast cause fear."

Stay safe my friends..
Smokeyturtle

Uamhas
03-22-2010, 12:05 PM
This has been an entertaining read, but honestly, the only thing I really ever remember about Smokey or his guild is the 15 guild invites I got from him when I was maybe 1/2 hour in the game on my very first day. He beat out Stallions by 5 invites, and Bulldogs by 8. Stallions beat him on timing, sending the first blind invite I ever got, before I'd even set foot off the boat where Goodblades used to stand.

Minor_Threat
03-22-2010, 12:06 PM

haha.

Rabbi_Hordo
03-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey, Arkat!
Hey, Drwhofan!
Pretty nice inter-guild drama for not being Khyber, hmm?
Looks pretty tasty too!
Lemme go melt some butter for my popcorn...:p

begbie
03-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Hey, Arkat!
Hey, Drwhofan!
Looks pretty tasty too!

got beer?

:)

Rabbi_Hordo
03-22-2010, 03:14 PM
got beer?

:)

Got $2 domestic longnecks and $3 imported bottles...
Draught is by the Imperial Pint only and is $5 per...

DoctorWhofan
03-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Hey, Arkat!
Hey, Drwhofan!
Looks pretty tasty too!

The High Priest of Drama hath spoken.

I have been blessed by the Khyberian Drama Llamas for my involvement in a Khyber worthy drama. I swoon to the Gornneess of this blessing. Tempest's Spine is now bathed in the light of Khyber Drama Egos...

<<<swoons>>>

Waukeen
03-23-2010, 12:35 AM

Yes this is away to wash away the old to bring in the new.

Don't drink the kool-aid!

Smokey are you putting together a Silver Flame Levy from the Last War?

Quantity not quality I always say! (think Zerg rush)

Smokeyturtle
03-23-2010, 01:47 PM

Yeap he is....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMhxUJMrHxg&NR=1

lol

Jbrd_30045
03-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Now that that is all out and both sides have made their peace I have just a few things to say. When it comes to Smokey's Guild he is Pope Smokey lol and he does hold sway for all decision with his guild be cause he is their leader, just like every other leader of a guild. The have the final say in their respective guilds. Secondly if someone has a problem with a guilds member, in this case Smokey's, voice it to the guild and don't bash the entire guild on the forums. Its not everyone in the guilds fault is someone is a jerk. Call them out by name to their guild so they can reprimand them in proper fashion. Let it stay a "Jorill vs Smokey" problem by keeping it off the forums. Your opening comment was that noone should join Smokey's Guild based on your experience with them. Now every guild has bad apples or isn't the best representative to their guild while grouping, yes even you Legion lol. I give great props to Doctorwhofan for, at the very least, admitting this of his own guild. And alot of people go through many different guilds before they find the one best suited for them. To bash someone for the way their infrastructure is or how they run their guild is a waste of breath. To each their own. Just move on to a guild that fits you. Smokey apologized for your bad experience with his guild and if he booted you (for what you think is a bad reason), that is his right and frankly he shouldn't have to defend his guilds name on a forum. His reputation will speak for itself. You even said not everyone in it is bad. Now let bygones be bygones. And if ANY player has a bad experience with one of Smokey's Guild's members inform them with an ingame mail to either Megar or Burnindragon. Give them the players name that you have a grievance with and hope something gets done. Besides how can a guild fix bad members if all we hear on the forums is " I've grouped with his members and had bad experiences too" and no names. Call em out so can try to fix the problem. I'm looking forward to Smokey's revamping of his guild and we all hope for the better because lets face it, it's hard not to see a Smokey's Guild member on.
P.S. I hold Doctorwhofan with great respect.

DoctorWhofan
03-24-2010, 02:32 AM
ADVICE: paragraphs are good. makes reading easier. If you want to get a point across, you might wanna use them next time. Otherwise people will not read it.

Now that that is all out and both sides have made their peace I have just a few things to say. When it comes to Smokey's Guild he is Pope Smokey lol and he does hold sway for all decision with his guild be cause he is their leader, just like every other leader of a guild.

Sorry. I run ALOT of PuGs and so does my guild. We don't see that. We either people who doesn't have a clue at end game what to do, and I am talking basic stuff. Also disheartened members of Smokey's Guild or even outright bad behavior. THere are a few people we have run with that we like. Butthey have been few and far between.

The have the final say in their respective guilds. Secondly if someone has a problem with a guilds member, in this case Smokey's, voice it to the guild and don't bash the entire guild on the forums.

I have spoken with SMokey on several occasions on his spamming. I was blown off.

Its not everyone in the guilds fault is someone is a jerk. Call them out by name to their guild so they can reprimand them in proper fashion. Let it stay a "Jorill vs Smokey" problem by keeping it off the forums.

It's become a Merc's Only vs. Smokey's Guild problem now. Jorill is in my guild.

Your opening comment was that noone should join Smokey's Guild based on your experience with them. Now every guild has bad apples or isn't the best representative to their guild while grouping, yes even you Legion lol. I give great props to Doctorwhofan for, at the very least, admitting this of his own guild.

I said no one is perfect. But if you are representing a guild, you shouldn't be with anger and nastiness. (this isn't Smokey BTW) If you had any pride in your guild, you woud make sure the newer members are taken care of rather than the feeling of abandonment and abuse that hear about by members and former members of your guild. IT's counterproductive. We have triedto be nice about it, but were given a sales pitch by Smokey as an answer.

Since it isn't any abuse by YOUR guild to MINE, I see no need to talk to your guild. AS for trying to talk to Smokey, I have given him oppertunity to speak to me via PMs, in game anything. He ignored my post and changed tactics. No PMs no in-game mail nothing. I'd love to leave it to the PMs but it seems he will NOT approuch me about this.

Finally, because you didn't know. I'm a female. No biggie

And alot of people go through many different guilds before they find the one best suited for them. To bash someone for the way their infrastructure is or how they run their guild is a waste of breath.

You are right, it IS a waste of breath. Because he hasn't replied to me. You can ask anyone around here, I am probably the most flexible and easygoing person here. BUt being ignored, ignoring accusations and not facing the problem, and the strangest thing, being yelled at for no provacation by one of your senior officers, well, that's tells me there is something wrong here.

Look, we gave suggestions. Reasons. He doesn't hear us. Or ignores us. IT gets fustrating.

To each their own. Just move on to a guild that fits you. Smokey apologized for your bad experience with his guild and if he booted you (for what you think is a bad reason), that is his right and frankly he shouldn't have to defend his guilds name on a forum. His reputation will speak for itself.

Yes his rep does speak, andit isn't GOOD. He SHOULd be defending himself here. He doesn't. As for booting, you are right, it is his right to boot people. As for Jorill, he's in my guild. Alot calmer. So movingto another guildis also sound advice.

You even said not everyone in it is bad. Now let bygones be bygones. And if ANY player has a bad experience with one of Smokey's Guild's members inform them with an ingame mail to either Megar or Burnindragon. Give them the players name that you have a grievance with and hope something gets done. Besides how can a guild fix bad members if all we hear on the forums is " I've grouped with his members and had bad experiences too" and no names. Call em out so can try to fix the problem. I'm looking forward to Smokey's revamping of his guild and we all hope for the better because lets face it, it's hard not to see a Smokey's Guild member on.

P.S. I hold Doctorwhofan with great respect.

THank you. I hope that he does revamp his guild and policies. However, it is sad YOU have to say it, rather than the man himself. Part of leadership is responsiblity. And taking the hits for his people. And making the hard choices. He has alot of hard choices ahead of him, if he chooses to revamp. If he needs help, I have 4 years experiance running a guild, a casual guild.

BUT HE, not you, needs to talk to me. He needs to stop hiding behind his recruiting spam he usually puts up, not to mention his officers both good and bad, and be a LEADER. Nice guys make the worst leaders. I learned that the hard way.

Wizzly_Bear
03-24-2010, 02:37 AM
:eek: Baptism? :eek:

Wow...I always knew SG was "special", but I didn't think it was quite like this...

Jbrd_30045
03-24-2010, 12:23 PM
I'd just like to know the name of the Senior Officer that gave you problems so we can take care of that. I know that he should be saying this but I am doing this on my own accord and I understand that what Smokey says doesn't always come out in the way he needs to express it. Being a personal friend for many years, I do know that sometimes it takes some bashing to get through to him, what can i say he likes to do things his way. But he is serious about revamping the guild and learning how to lead a better one. He is trying to get hold of the leaders of the guilds who have beef with the guild so we can come to some sort compromise and understanding, as of yesterday. Personally I think its a great step in the right direction and to true reconciliation.

That is the goal of the guild now; to revamp, separate the chafe from the wheat by improving and enforcing the code of conduct of our members and officers, and to begin restoring the reputation of the guild so that other guilds can feel comfortable grouping with our members. Also we are taking initiative to make sure our members know how to play the role of their class in a group. These are just a few steps we are taking to improve our members, our image and our guild as a whole.

I would like a few suggestions on what you think is the "proper" way to recruit since DDO doesn't offer a recruiting channel. So the only way that I see to get our name out there is to post it or wait and ask someone who isn't in the guild while in a group with them (which is what we do most of the time). I know most don't believe that last statement cause all they see is the posting, but like I said, I would love to hear your suggestions.

That goes for any other guild that reads this post, We want to know the names of our members that have offended you so we can take the proper steps to make sure they don't do it again, and suggestions on how to recruit since that's, to my understanding, are the complaints you have (Player Conduct and Recruiting). Please correct me if I'm wrong and I look forward to your suggestions and mostly to the names of those who have offended you.

Sincerely Burnindragon

P.S. I'm not an English Major so I hope the paragraphs are better

Missing_Minds
03-24-2010, 12:33 PM
edit: Much better job. :) That I will actually bother to read.

I would like a few suggestions on what you think is the "proper" way to recruit since DDO doesn't offer a recruiting channel.

I hate the spamming. Seriously, I hate it. If you really want to promote and see about getting good players, go play with people. Actively seek out those non guilded.

Suggestions.

----------------------

Send tells. /tell <name> Hey, I see you are not part of a guild. Would you like to be part of one? If you would, lets group up and see if your style meshes with ours. If this isn't a good time, but you are instested, when would be good for you?

AND keep track of names of people you've sent tells to. Don't double tell people. Man that gets irratating. The guild as a whole should NOT send double tells to players.

-------------------

Put it in your character bios, and by this I don't mean only yours but in all(?) members of your guild. Say that you are recruiting, just ask. While this is not active recruiting, this passive method is not invasive either.

------------------

Have someone become an active "Face" for Smokey on the forums. Be helpful, honest, etc. Quite frankly, of the posters whom I have identified as part of Smokies, due to their attitudes, I wouldn't touch your guild for joining ever. You've got a lot of damage control/recovery to do here. In my opinion at least.

------------------

Pug often. As you find players you think would mesh well, try to keep track of them. Make them feel welcomed and invited.

===============

Yes, this is a lot of work, but you did ask. Best of luck.

DoctorWhofan
03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
I'd just like to know the name of the Senior Officer that gave you problems so we can take care of that. I know that he should be saying this but I am doing this on my own accord and I understand that what Smokey says doesn't always come out in the way he needs to express it. Being a personal friend for many years, I do know that sometimes it takes some bashing to get through to him, what can i say he likes to do things his way. But he is serious about revamping the guild and learning how to lead a better one. He is trying to get hold of the leaders of the guilds who have beef with the guild so we can come to some sort compromise and understanding, as of yesterday. Personally I think its a great step in the right direction and to true reconciliation.

That is the goal of the guild now; to revamp, separate the chafe from the wheat by improving and enforcing the code of conduct of our members and officers, and to begin restoring the reputation of the guild so that other guilds can feel comfortable grouping with our members. Also we are taking initiative to make sure our members know how to play the role of their class in a group. These are just a few steps we are taking to improve our members, our image and our guild as a whole.

I would like a few suggestions on what you think is the "proper" way to recruit since DDO doesn't offer a recruiting channel. So the only way that I see to get our name out there is to post it or wait and ask someone who isn't in the guild while in a group with them (which is what we do most of the time). I know most don't believe that last statement cause all they see is the posting, but like I said, I would love to hear your suggestions.

That goes for any other guild that reads this post, We want to know the names of our members that have offended you so we can take the proper steps to make sure they don't do it again, and suggestions on how to recruit since that's, to my understanding, are the complaints you have (Player Conduct and Recruiting). Please correct me if I'm wrong and I look forward to your suggestions and mostly to the names of those who have offended you.

Sincerely Burnindragon

P.S. I'm not an English Major so I hope the paragraphs are better

Better...MUCH better. Missing Minds has given you better advice. I would like to meet in-game for that. Set up a time and place and unless RL and a guild event this weekend gets in my way, I'll be there. I'll offer my suggestions and help then.

I'd rather go back to private than wavingthe laundry in the wind again.

As per Missing Minds suggestion...YOU Should bethe voice of Smokey's Guild. Not him. Atthis point Smokey has buried himself so far in the ground it will take awhile to fix his personal rep, let alone the guild's.

Smokeyturtle
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
First off, if you seeing my guild post bothers you when I haven't been doing it as much ((Sorry.)) For I read gen chat alot, for I do post my guild is seeking new members to build my guild. I see alot of guilds posting for new members all the time. And per DDO rules every 5 mins isn't spaming. But like I said earlier its not even being done that much. And I don't really need anyone telling me how to add members. But thanks for the advice I all ready practice.

Second, I have been meeting with guild leaders and talking with head voices in guilds If I haven't talk to yours yet, its only a matter of time. Question is will you be willing to meet or hide behide a forum is only to be seen.

Third, The changes of my guild and members are taking place as we speak. If you was in my guild you would see that. And we always help new members thats never changed.

I really do like the feed back but as a guild leader I think i can handle this when I have a good team and a plan of action. All I ask of you other guilds and or members is to give it some time. It didn't get bad over night and it will not be fixed at that speed aswell.

Thanks again
Smokeyturtle

Minor_Threat
03-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks again
Smokeyturtle

Translation: I kinda read some of your posts, but I'm going to do this my way.

Smokeyturtle
03-24-2010, 04:08 PM
You know why?

Because its my guild. All are Welcome at Smokey's guild

Makes us different from rule controled guilds..

But we have changes to make, to make us better then ever..

You will see my friends in time.
We at Smokey's guild never bash other guilds or point blame.
Thats for forum trolls

And you know who you are. Why say names.

Stay safe my friends.

DagazUlf
03-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Atthis point Smokey has buried himself so far in the ground it will take awhile to fix his personal rep, let alone the guild's.

Exactly.

HeavenlyCloud
03-24-2010, 04:24 PM
Raise your hand if you thought this thread was good!

/raise hand.

ddaedelus
03-24-2010, 04:32 PM
I'd rather go back to private than wavingthe laundry in the wind again.

Nooooooo!!!!

I'd just made more popcorn. :(

Jbrd_30045
03-24-2010, 04:38 PM
I would just like to know if my post was constructive and I should be the "representative" of the guild then why did I get -7 reputation points for that post? What in it was negative or what about that post made Me negative?:confused: That's just bad form. I don't feel that kind of action was justified. I was polite and respectful....I just don't get it. Honestly, the only reason why those who read this forum would have a reason for doing so is because I "represented" Smokey. Very poor taste.

TessRavenscroft
03-24-2010, 04:39 PM
I think this thread has achieved lichdom....

Missing_Minds
03-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I would just like to know if my post was constructive and I should be the "representative" of the guild then why did I get -7 reputation points for that post? What in it was negative or what about that post made Me negative?:confused: That's just bad form. I don't feel that kind of action was justified. I was polite and respectful....I just don't get it. Honestly, the only reason why those who read this forum would have a reason for doing so is because I "represented" Smokey. Very poor taste.

Highschool mentality of popularity. If you really want to see ****, read and post on the escapest forums. Utter haven for waving e-pen badges around.

I did warn you it was going to take a lot of work. And no, I did not neg rep you if you were wondering. I meant it when I said it before. Best of luck.

Ironforge_Clan
03-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Smokey I just have to ask...do you really believe your BS so much that you even think that us vets are ever going to see beyond the past actions of you and your brain washed minions? Seriously, I am not trying to be antagonistic here but the rhetoric you spew on these boards and in games is just repugnant.

I will grant you that some of your members are decent players and there are others that with some time will reach that level too. But for one secobnd don't believe this is because of you or your guild policies. The problem is that since you comb the masses and have no standards you are getting the mindless masses and there is absolutely nothing you can do to lift the quality of these players beyond their natural abilities.

It is obvious by what you've written recently you won't change your ways or listen to advice that others are giving you. So why are you even bothering to go through the motions and appear as if you actually care or are making an attempt. I feel sorry for those few decent people you have suckered into drinking your flavor of kool-aid.

Rabbi_Hordo
03-24-2010, 05:03 PM
First off, if you seeing my guild post bothers you when I haven't been doing it as much ((Sorry.)) For I read gen chat alot, for I do post my guild is seeking new members to build my guild. I see alot of guilds posting for new members all the time. And per DDO rules every 5 mins isn't spaming. But like I said earlier its not even being done that much. And I don't really need anyone telling me how to add members. But thanks for the advice I all ready practice.

Second, I have been meeting with guild leaders and talking with head voices in guilds If I haven't talk to yours yet, its only a matter of time. Question is will you be willing to meet or hide behide a forum is only to be seen.

Third, The changes of my guild and members are taking place as we speak. If you was in my guild you would see that. And we always help new members thats never changed.

I really do like the feed back but as a guild leader I think i can handle this when I have a good team and a plan of action. All I ask of you other guilds and or members is to give it some time. It didn't get bad over night and it will not be fixed at that speed aswell.

Thanks again
Smokeyturtle

Translation: I kinda read some of your posts, but I'm going to do this my way.

You know why?

Thats for forum trolls

Stay safe my friends.

Exactly.

Smokey, defensive much?

You are almost at a level worthy of true Khyber-like attention, but not quite.

It is, however, a privilege to be able to read on the forums such a train-wreck as this thread...so juicy! Not quite 10PM News juicy, still 6PM dinner-time kids awake juicy, but a few more times posting like an unwashed buffoon who gave the typewriter to half-deranged civet and we might just have something!

I'm almost ready to give you +1 for sheer drama purposes, but you need to work out a little bit more to be able to bring the good stuff!

DoctorWhofan
03-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Highschool mentality of popularity. If you really want to see ****, read and post on the escapest forums. Utter haven for waving e-pen badges around.

I did warn you it was going to take a lot of work. And no, I did not neg rep you if you were wondering. I meant it when I said it before. Best of luck.

neither did I.

DoctorWhofan
03-24-2010, 06:33 PM
You know why?

Thats for forum trolls

Stay safe my friends.

Rules ARE NEEDED. It doesn't have to be alot, but you should have some rules. Heck, My guild does.

Here is mine BTW. Tell me that they are rigid.

Well...

We have only a few. In no particular order.

1. They have to be Compendent Players : Not to say they have to be experts. Lack of knowledge is fine, but the ability to use that knowledge is. THey say you never stop learning.

2. Willing work in a group of strangers : This guild isn't for the shy. While we do stuff together, it isn't required nor needed. indpendance is one of the founding ideas of this guild, and PuGging is what we are famous for. Nor do we drop groups for "guild events." The party you signed up for is your priorty.

3. Willing to say "never give up!" : we do not abandon a quest or a group for no reason. We pull up our bootstraps and bite the bullet to finish the quest. Nor do we drop group because of one idiot.

4. Not afraid to lead, both by groups and example : We are known to lead successful raids, particularly Tempest's Spine. We are not afraid to lead when a group nearly falls apart and fix the issue, even if we are not familiar with the quest. We are run by a code of ethics that says, "we can do it!"

5. Part of leading is following : If we are in another guild's group, we will listen to them and follow their rules. This includes their raid loot rules.

6. Pay it Forward : We were all noobs at one time. A large part of this guild is to help the newer players. I said PLAYERS, not just guildies. Helping serves two purposes:

1) sifting the gems from the chaff: Potential guildies here.
2) Explaining DDO's high learning curve: so new players will enjoy the game quicker, and make the fustration go away.

7. It's a GAME! Have Fun! : Do I need to say more?

If you wish to join after that, please contact Doctorwhofan in the DDO forums, or here or Trissa in game with an in-game e-mail. Thanks!

And seems to be working. I don't need huge amount of rules to be a fun relaxed casual Guild. If you don't have rules, boundries and limitations, YOU WILL FAIL.

Jbrd_30045
03-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Ya know this whole thread began because Jirill had to get off his chest a complaint about not liking a response he got from the officers of Smokey having inactive players. And then it got out of hand...

Betrayal? Lies? I mean really.. what lies? We did reward your hard work by making you Officer like you claim we didn't...

the most recognition you can expect is a well-rehearsed "I've noticed" from Smokey and/or his officers, which is repeated to anyone that bothers to bring up their efforts, be they real or not

But wait..

Jorill
Ex-officer and member
Formerly Smokeys Guild.

I believe that says "Ex-Officer"..

And I mean spies, LMFAO, that's just a funny concept altogether. Whether its true or not its just funny to me. But you know, I personally don't think that telling people not to join our guild because of your bad experience when asking a question is just a little over the top. But thats my personal opinion, don't take it personal. He was betrayed by getting no response or the run around. lol

Jirill had a bad experience but it happens from time to time. He's not the only one this kinda thing has happened to..it will be someone else in another guild as well. At the very least this thread has been informative.

I just want everyone to acknowledge where this thread began, cause we just witnessed its end. And that is with Smokeys Guild stepping up and asking for the names of those who offended them (which we didn't get other than, Desirenots), acknowledging that we have conduct problems as well as some guild revamping to take care of. And I just want to point out that Smokey has never bashed a guild by name on any forum.

Yes it's been really educational and we have work to do, we all agree on that. And now the Jirill bash is complete cause it doesn't matter any more since he is happy in his new guild. I'm glad he feels better for getting it off his chest, (you really shouldn't hold it in even though Rabbi Hordo may enjoy the explosion). And btw very basic rules Doc, I like. So his rant was an attempt at revenge on a public platform (or is it his revenge is a rant on a public platform).

Either way it's all over now. The problems were announced, they were acknowledgment and a commitment was made to fix them. Now let's all move on to the next thread.

Sincerely Burnindragon,
P.S. I thank you two for being honest and not giving me the negative rep points. :D

DoctorWhofan
03-24-2010, 10:52 PM
I spoke in length with Smokey today. First time ever. I sought me out btw.

I can tell you two things:

1. He is alot better in person than on the forums. ALOT better.

2. He spent about an hour talking to me about how to fix his issues. It was intelligent and he asked some questions. I was honest with him and agreed to help his guild out. I also told him it will take awhile to fix his guild and his rep, but willing to fix the mistake is a start.

As far as I am concerned, we are done. I will help him as I able. He is taken care of issues that effected me personally. As for Jorill, he's happy in my guild and hopefully more adjusted to the smaller guild lifestyle.

Hopefully, this whole thread can be a lesson learned to other large guilds that quantity does not mean quality. Since this is a server issue, I hope I can fix it so we have no hate and discontent.

Sorry all you Khyberians. Go take you popcorn back to your server. :p

Missing_Minds
03-24-2010, 11:23 PM

But sense you already popped it.... Can I have some before you go... please? *whimper*

DoctorWhofan
03-25-2010, 02:01 AM
But sense you already popped it.... Can I have some before you go... please? *whimper*

Fine. Have some of my hand popped with Olive Oil lightly dusted with garlic salt and ALOT of butter...It's GOOD, strangely.

Uamhas
03-25-2010, 04:45 AM
FYI, since there seems to be a recurring theme of "tell us the names!!" it is against forum rules to name names of people in a way that will make them appear to be less-than favorable (that's paraphrasing, btw).
Trissa, how do you make popcorn with olive oil without scorching the oil? As hot as it needs to get to pop the kernels...? *shrug*

pandalet
03-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Blargh, garlic salt on popcorn...that's just not right!

UnderwearModel
03-25-2010, 05:38 AM
I am drinking my morning coffee and realize why I still solo and PUG Raid. No guild drama for me and I get to enjoy the game the way I like.

Impaqt
03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
FYI, since there seems to be a recurring theme of "tell us the names!!" it is against forum rules to name names of people in a way that will make them appear to be less-than favorable (that's paraphrasing, btw).
Trissa, how do you make popcorn with olive oil without scorching the oil? As hot as it needs to get to pop the kernels...? *shrug*

You need to buy better olive oil!

Judo
03-25-2010, 10:41 AM

Olive oil has a really low burn point, it is impossible to pop popcorn below
this threshhold

has nothing to do with quality...although im sure you could "water" down
the olive oil with peanut oil and maintain a bit of the flavor

DoctorWhofan
03-25-2010, 01:33 PM
this threshhold

Don't use Extra Virgin Oil Oil. Just Olive Oil. I use it for most of my frying and cooking needs. My extra virgin is used for salad dressings.

Never tastes bad, you can get hint of olives off of it. I lived in SPain for years and I could get olive oil cheaper than vegetable oil. It wasn't until "Good Eats" That I was shown what oils can and cannot do.

I use 3 Quart saucepan with a venting lid. A Cuisinart one I believe. I make it all the time.

As for the garlic salt, that's home made. garlic powder, a little parlsey and pickling salt. Add a little garlic to my butter too!

Hey...I have zero vampire issues!

Missing_Minds
03-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Don't use Extra Virgin Oil Oil. Just Olive Oil. I use it for most of my frying and cooking needs. My extra virgin is used for salad dressings.

Never tastes bad, you can get hint of olives off of it. I lived in SPain for years and I could get olive oil cheaper than vegetable oil. It wasn't until "Good Eats" That I was shown what oils can and cannot do.

I use 3 Quart saucepan with a venting lid. A Cuisinart one I believe. I make it all the time.

As for the garlic salt, that's home made. garlic powder, a little parlsey and pickling salt. Add a little garlic to my butter too!

Hey...I have zero vampire issues!

You know... I think I'm going to have to try that. Emm...

ddaedelus
03-25-2010, 01:42 PM

But... I'm not even on Khyber. I'm here on Thelanis. Do I still have to go? :(

Uamhas
03-25-2010, 06:40 PM

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I get my olive oil from a little middle eastern market that sells lebanese olive oil. It comes in a thick glass jug that looks like one of those old wine jugs.

It has a lovely green tint and there's honest-to-god sediment in the bottom of the jug. You get aromatics in it that are unheard of in that **** that sells in bottles at the grocery store, and the taste is sublime. Yes, I am a foodie, and I'm married to a classically trained chef. So neener neener. :p

Impaqt
03-25-2010, 06:47 PM
this threshhold

Actually, Not all olive oil has a low Smoke Point.

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/CollectedInfo/OilSmokePoints.htm

Impaqt
03-25-2010, 06:49 PM

I get my olive oil from a little middle eastern market that sells lebanese olive oil. It comes in a thick glass jug that looks like one of those old wine jugs.

It has a lovely green tint and there's honest-to-god sediment in the bottom of the jug. You get aromatics in it that are unheard of in that **** that sells in bottles at the grocery store, and the taste is sublime. Yes, I am a foodie, and I'm married to a classically trained chef. So neener neener. :p

The sediment/olive bits/whatever it is would cause the oil to burn/Smoke prematurelay.

I love a good olive oil like that myself for Dipping bread into.. WOuldnt try to cook anything in it...

Judo
03-26-2010, 05:44 AM

Non Evoo is for noobs!

I think this thread needs to move from oil to horses.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/Grey_lusitano.jpg/250px-Grey_lusitano.jpg

I give you the Lusitano of the alter real strain.

Judo
03-26-2010, 09:16 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/Grey_lusitano.jpg/250px-Grey_lusitano.jpg

you should totally lather that sweet horse in Extra virgin olive oil

Bunker
03-26-2010, 09:44 AM

So instead of oil, you want to talk about glue?

So instead of oil, you want to talk about glue?

what do you guys think of the coasta rican breed?

DagazUlf
03-26-2010, 10:27 AM
what do you guys think of the coasta rican breed?

They make terrible olive oil.

Nyriana
03-26-2010, 01:22 PM
you all work for "threadjack.com" don't you?...lol

Razic-Thule
03-26-2010, 05:52 PM
You guys really crack me up. I almost blew my drink out my nose. Hehe

DoctorWhofan
03-26-2010, 10:46 PM

I'm married to a chef too!

I swear on Spainish Olive Oil. However, I use the cheap california stuff for basic stuff, and save my nice stuff when it's the star.

DoctorWhofan
03-26-2010, 10:48 PM

I love you! AB is my hero!

DoctorWhofan
03-26-2010, 10:50 PM
you all work for "threadjack.com" don't you?...lol

no popcorn for you! Naughty! :p

Nyriana
03-27-2010, 01:49 AM
no popcorn for you! Naughty! :p

hush, you person who is said proprietor of afore mentioned site!!!....*suddenly wonders if there is a Threadjack.com*...*runs off to play in the interspace!!*