PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Solo Barbarian build *Warforged* *32 Points* Avail

Izzywhatever
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Could someone point me to a Barbarian solo build please ?

As I say in the Title, I have all the races and classes unlocked, the 32 points too, it can be multiclass for survivability and/or with rogue skills (I like to unlock and disarm trap). I already have a rogue/ranger (exploiter build) and like it but I want to also want to try the game with other class.

While at it, if there are good solo caster build too, I am willing to try it too :)

Only thing that should be consider is that the build cant be gear dependent... Not far enough for it :)

Cheers :)

[color=red] See below: No need to be barb and WF. Anything can do as long as it is viable and help me to learn the game mechanics :)

noscarrell
01-21-2010, 07:14 PM
/points to shade,,,look his page up and copy his build hes posted.for a barb it is ulti,,u can splash two lvls of rogue for umd evasion and intimi but,,i suggest u try the pure breed first!!!its a blast!!good luck.

Noctus
01-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Barbarian is not a solo-friendly class.

Try to work with arcane hirelings as much as you can, as they can reconstruct/repair you. Your selfhealing through chugging potions is neglectable at level 7+.

Izzywhatever
01-22-2010, 03:13 PM
/points to shade,,,look his page up and copy his build hes posted.for a barb it is ulti,,u can splash two lvls of rogue for umd evasion and intimi but,,i suggest u try the pure breed first!!!its a blast!!good luck.

Thank you, I will look at it and try to find it.

Barbarian is not a solo-friendly class.

Try to work with arcane hirelings as much as you can, as they can reconstruct/repair you. Your selfhealing through chugging potions is neglectable at level 7+.

Anything you would suggest me then ? I thought Barbarian could solo it all so thanx for the info.

I really like playing anything, caster, melee, bow, name it, they are all different but pleasant experiences.

I just want to start with something I know I will be able to climb up the ladder with on my own. Not that I dont like grouping but there are times where I prefer to be in my bubble and do whatever I want, however I want without annoying others.

So, If someone have good builds that I could play with, I will gladly look at them.

Remember:

I am VIP
I have all races and classes
I have the 32 points builds

as an extra but not mandatory, I love to detect secret doors, traps, disable them and Lockpicking.

Cheers

miceelf88
01-22-2010, 03:18 PM
The conventional wisdom is that barbarians have trouble soloing past the early levels. At low levels, they can dps so quickly they won't get hit, except in big ffights, and then can just chug a pot. This changes around level 6-7, when mobs just don't go down quite as quick and have the ability to do some damage to barbs. Some vague capacity for self-healing is likely necessary, although hirelings would mitigate this somewhat.

But for soloing through higher levels, the standard wisdom is to go caster, especially if you're attached to playing warforged (WF casters can self-heal). if you're also interested in traps/secret doors, a 18/2 wiz/rog would not be the craziest thing in the world...Wiz because INT is helpful for trapsmithing

Clerics can solo pretty decently as well, if built right, and I have fun soloing on my bard, but I think for WF, the above is the standard advice.

Izzywhatever
01-22-2010, 03:55 PM
The conventional wisdom is that barbarians have trouble soloing past the early levels. At low levels, they can dps so quickly they won't get hit, except in big ffights, and then can just chug a pot. This changes around level 6-7, when mobs just don't go down quite as quick and have the ability to do some damage to barbs. Some vague capacity for self-healing is likely necessary, although hirelings would mitigate this somewhat.

But for soloing through higher levels, the standard wisdom is to go caster, especially if you're attached to playing warforged (WF casters can self-heal). if you're also interested in traps/secret doors, a 18/2 wiz/rog would not be the craziest thing in the world...Wiz because INT is helpful for trapsmithing

Clerics can solo pretty decently as well, if built right, and I have fun soloing on my bard, but I think for WF, the above is the standard advice.

Thanx for the info.

No it does not need to be WF. Anything will do as long as it is a viable build all the way. I know some of the available builds makes the character a pain in group, another reason why I want this one to be SOLO only.

Some of the builds I have seen are gear dependent and I cant go with those. I would love to create my own build but my knowledge of the game is too limited so, I need to play and learn the mechanics. I will have a character focused on grouping to learn that aspect of the game and another(s) to learn the solo aspect and the different playing style.

So, for now, would be nice to be pointed to those solo builds :)

Thanx once again.

miceelf88
01-23-2010, 07:38 AM
some solo builds, be sure to read the discussions. usually can get by with somewhat fewer tomes.:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=164323

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=186132

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=219755

Or just read this thread and focus on the warforged option:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=175911

The class forums are great for this kind of information. I just dug these up quickly, so may not be the absolute most topnotch advice. But decently solid and solo-capable.

Spookyaction
01-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Favored soul ... you can do multi class if you want but its not necessary. I like the dc caster / healing type of build myself. Once you get blade barrier theres nothing you cant do.