PDA

View Full Version : cross-class and missing mob for quest

-Anger-
01-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Hey!

Im a lvl3 sorc. In 2 quests there were chests, but one was behind a door other is in a cell, with locked doors. How can i access them? I need to "become" rogur for learn the door hack? Is there rogur hierling at any vendor, who can open it for me so i can be pure sorc?

The other problem i have is with the Korthos quest. I have 1 missing Rare encounter (the 3rd one). If im right, it should be somewhere in the river near to port to Decrepit Chambers, but no matter what im doing, i only find 2 young ice ... something, but not the boss. I tried to go to stormreach, spend some time there, went back to Kort. sunny, made an old quest again, then enter to winter side. The other rares spawned, but this one not, only the 2 young thing. Im searching him at wrong place, or doing something wrong, or its bugged? The other part of the quest is to kill monsters, but the number of the kills always goes higher. When will be finish? Now i have to kill 750 total.

Thx!

Lorien_the_First_One
01-21-2010, 08:04 AM
1) Rares are rare, they don't always pop.
2) Stop slaying, leave korthos, the xp isn't worth it. Slayers are never required, you only do them if you feel like it.
3) You can take the "knock" spell to open locked doors and chests. With the exception of a very small handful of quests, there is nothing behind a locked door that is required, so do worry if you miss locked doors.
4) Don't MC Sorcs, keep them pure.

Sinni
01-21-2010, 08:08 AM
a little addition about locked doors/chests:

Don't expect to play alone for too long. Join groups (use the LFM panel and not the LFG flag), you don't need to unlock the stuff by yourself, if you have a rogue in your party he can deal with the locks.

-Anger-
01-21-2010, 08:19 AM
At what lvl can i learn knock spell as sorc? Already there are 2 quest with locked doors, both hides chest in kort. winter side. QQ About the pty. Tbh i like play solo, at least till i learn how my char works in combat, and have at least a full set of clothes to be useful, not to be a leacher.

Burin13
01-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Knock is lvl 2 spel (for wizard and sorcer).

MrkGrismer
01-21-2010, 08:31 AM
At what lvl can i learn knock spell as sorc? Already there are 2 quest with locked doors, both hides chest in kort. winter side. QQ About the pty. Tbh i like play solo, at least till i learn how my char works in combat, and have at least a full set of clothes to be useful, not to be a leacher.

You can come back to Kothos to do those quests later, and also get the rares, the two locked chests have things that are 'nice to have' if you are 4th level or below but nothing you 'need to have'. Especially for a sorcerer, I think the Ruinic Gloves which sometimes show up in one of them (neither of the ones you are talking about tho) are nice for a rogue or any other character that might lean on use magic device, but again they are far from 'necessary'.

The rares are a matter of luck. I've had all three show up on my first entry into the area with one character and I had another character just have a heck of a time getting the Ice Mephit one to spawn. With another it was the Ice Spider that was shy, and a fourth it was the Sauhagin rare that went on vacation.

If you have any friends that also like to play pc games see if you can get them interested. DDO really increases in 'fun factor' when you are playing with friends, even if it is just one friend. Of course, the more the merrier. A six-player party where you all know each other because you are real-life friends can be an absolute blast.

MarDeRoam
01-21-2010, 08:41 AM
-Anger-
Korthos Island (with the slayers and rares) is a good places to learn all about your character, get to know him, what he can do, his weaknesses and his strengths. At least, it was for me. Sure, those vets (no harm ment, i love the good, helpfull ones :-) ) say not to run there any longer, cose they've been there far too many times allready. But for new players it's a good place to start and learn.
The Rare you are looking for is also a mephit, just bit larger and harder to get then the young ones you've met allready. Keep searching that stream, you are at the correct place, one day he will spawn.

DDO is designed to play with more, but it's also okay of you don't want. Either way it's your game, your choise.
When you think you are ready to join a party, just look at the LFM boards, join a party that is prepairing for a quest you like to do and tell them you haven't done it before, or even that you are new and still need to learn. I still do that everytime i join a PUG (Pick Up Group) from the boards, just be honest and your party members will understand and help you. At least the most of them do and are very helpfull and understanding.
EDIT: Or like posted above, get some RL-friends into DDO, it realy is a blast when you know each other and play DDO together.

Feel free to ask whenever you need, the forums is one of the things DDO developed for things like this.

And good to see more and more european players on that side of the water ;-)
~Mar

-Anger-
01-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Thx for the help. Whats the LFM looking for MMMMMbiscuit? :P Didnt find this function, only LFG and share button i find. Is there an mode to have the knok spell now, or i have to lvl again to learn it?

For the more ppl: i infected my wife with this game also, but its a bit difficult to us now, we have to learn. Only played 1 mmo before, and it was much pvp based with less classes, and not this many variation of things.

MarDeRoam
01-21-2010, 09:06 AM
LFM (Looking for More) is sorta the same as LFG (Looking For Group).
I'm not sure about the LFG, but the LFM is in the WHO panel, where you have the Guild list, Friends. The first tab is LFM. Everyone on the same server can open a LFM in which you can choose the quest to be played, the group-layout (classes needed/wanted) and the lvl to be played. If you search there you can find a group/quest you'd like to join and /tell the leader or just hit the join button. Don't let some bad PUG the first time scare you off. It happend to me, so i got hesitated to do it again, only to find out a few lvls later it cán be fun and nice. Just be honest and tell your party members you are new and need to learn.
Now I find it very usefull because i hate soloing, this way i can play within a party when my friends aren't online. And it's also a great way to meet other players.

Haha, i can allready see you both behind the screen, slashing kobolts and sahuagin while yelling at each other through the room ;-). But it realy is more fun if you have rl-friends to play with.

Good luck the both of you!

-Anger-
01-21-2010, 10:26 AM
I just logged in, and wanted to have this Knock spell, but i only have lvl1 spells, but im lvl3. Any ideal, why?

Murgatroyd
01-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Sorcs get lvl 2 spells at lvl 4. It's due to their wild mage nature. If you were a Wizard you'd have it at lvl 3.

Kralgnax
01-21-2010, 10:47 AM

There are going to be 1.3 metric buttloads of chests you're going to miss (I know that's been true for me). Deal. Knock is a level 2 spell, iirc, you can probably use the scroll now. Given your limited spell chooices,DO NOTtake knock. However - you're not unique, people come on those inaccesible, unbearably shiny chests in Redemption and Necromancer's doom and they just have to go take a level of rogue.

Alternatively, reroll a real rogue if the idea of missing out on 47 gp, 20 arrows and a potion of resist cold makes you unbearably sad, especially if you want to solo.

Welcome to DDO!