PDA

View Full Version : Wands of Recitation - where to buy?

RS-Makk
01-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Where can I purchase Wands of Recitation (other than the AH)? (the one wand vendor at house P didnt seem to have any)

And, do any vendors sell the 5th level Shield wands and Stoneskin wands or are those AH only?

Kralgnax
01-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Vendor wands only go up to 3rd level, I believe.

RS-Makk
01-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Ahhh... so it's really just the AH then?

(Recitation is 7th level?)

Dawnsfire
01-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Ahhh... so it's really just the AH then?

(Recitation is 7th level?)

Recitation is 4th level (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Special:Advancedsearch?type=spell&name=Recitation&x=0&y=0&action=search&item_type[]=).

RS-Makk
01-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks. I got confused with the caster lebel on the wand, which according to the compendium it is caster level 7.

Does that mean on the ah I would find them as a level 4 or as a level 7 item?

MrkGrismer
01-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks. I got confused with the caster lebel on the wand, which according to the compendium it is caster level 7.

Minimum Caster Level for most spells is ((Spell Level)*2)-1 (so 4*2=8-1=7). That is the minimum level a wizard or cleric has to be in order to cast the spell. I am not sure if there are Ranger/Paladin/Bard only spells in the ddo game, if so they might have a differrent minimum caster level.

(Answer based on PnP knowledge, but from what I have seen the above is true for ddo as well)

Dawnsfire
01-21-2010, 08:40 AM

AH lists by caster level on the wand I believe.

RS-Makk
01-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks. Although I just realized that if no vendors sell the wand given it's level, I could still buy this scroll off of vendors?

Kralgnax
01-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I've never checked, but you should be able to buy as a scroll. (Not every scroll is available on vendors, but that one should be)

Mindspat
01-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I find my Wands of Recitation in chests. I keep an eye on the loot being pulled by party members and ask to have any that appear. A lot of players just junk them if they even bother to pick them up.