PDA

View Full Version : PermaDeath Loot

Rab
01-20-2010, 04:25 PM
So, I have been enjoying PD for a little over a month now and am curious and wanted to ask this question to other PD-ers.

Whats the best lewt item you pulled so far? Any paralysers, disruptors, or even vorpals... not to mention even banishers, smiters out there in PD land?

I have managed to level my ranger to 11 and pulled a sweet +1 Holy Dwarven Axe of pure good (:D almost considering swaping feats for a DA)outta the Gianthold slayer today and this got me thinking about what other good/great items have been found.

Items like a paralyser could greatly impact what quests a party could/should attempt.

Anyways, would love to hear about your lootZ...

Rab

Chai
01-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Icy burst shortbow of pure goodness.

Plus 4 mithril chain

Various plus 1 tomes. Some which I gave away to party members in the same quest that could use them (Int tome pulled on a cleric, cha tome pulled on same)

parvo
01-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Depending on the rule set and culture of the guild, your pull could be considered Uber or Meh. The way I play, Holy/Pure Good would be one sweet pull.

My best pull ever was probably Mace of Smiting. I just recently pulled it. I got to use it one time and it went off on the second swing against a Flesh Golem. It was really cool! My character died the same quest...fun while it lasted.

Uska
01-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Best loot I ever got on a perma death character was a silver bow I got on my 7th lvl ranger and dying soon after in VON 2 dam beholders but at least I didnt die alone.:D Since we all died all loot went bye bye one guy was 10th and lost a bloodstone.

issiana
01-20-2010, 11:01 PM
so far i have pulled a

+3 Mithril full plate - looks good to ;)
+4 mithril full plate - again looks good :)
+5 mithril tower shield - not so good looking ,lol.

I have being in groups that have pulled

+1 tomes
banishing bows
smitters
+5 mithril full plate
firestorm greaves
dusk heart
ring of spell storing - (which guildie passed to me as they where a melee and i was healer)

and lots of other very nice stuff to numerous to name

so in short - the uber stuff does drop just play the character without dieing long enough and you get to pla ythe higher lvls so havea better chance of better loot dropping.

AKA i'm currently a lvl 14 caster built Favored Soul with 1250 favor atm and am aiming for 1750 :)

~Zornochio
01-20-2010, 11:19 PM
+3 Fullplate of Stability[Elf only] that has been with my Elven cleric/ranger for several generations now (heirloom item), just did the +1 AC ritual though so better make this one count :)

+1 Frost Adamantine Dwarven Axe as a Waterworks reward that my dwarf had until his death at level 9. He was very attached to it, even passed up better weapons to keep using it.

My first Pure Good weapon, passed to Treylen when my pally died and changed hands a few more times before eventually leaving the guild. This was three years ago but I still remember it :D

Rab
01-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Depending on the rule set and culture of the guild, your pull could be considered Uber or Meh. The way I play, Holy/Pure Good would be one sweet pull.

My best pull ever was probably Mace of Smiting. I just recently pulled it. I got to use it one time and it went off on the second swing against a Flesh Golem. It was really cool! My character died the same quest...fun while it lasted.

Thats awesome Parvo!! LOL

Our PD guild is very restrictive on gear, can only keep what we pull, or transfer in chest only, other than that its trade based (equal for equal item). Not including consumables. No Heiring

Thanks everyone so far!! I really like hearing what others have managed to find!!

No paralysers or vorpals yet?? :rolleyes:

Rab
01-21-2010, 03:38 AM
Best loot I ever got on a perma death character was a silver bow I got on my 7th lvl ranger and dying soon after in VON 2 dam beholders but at least I didnt die alone.:D Since we all died all loot went bye bye one guy was 10th and lost a bloodstone.

Thats funny, cause a few weeks ago when i was lvl 9 on my ranger me and a guildy went into the Church of the Cult in the hopes of pulling the silver bow( Drooooolllll!!!), and he.....um.....got .....slayed living......(normal) and me unable to rez....found my way back to exit pretty darn quick!! (with said friends assurtion) Dont like to bail on a bud....... but......:eek: lol

Just a note, in our guild we can only run each quest once on each setting(S/N/H/E). So, gonna wait til we can form up a bigger better prepared possie, head back in and cross my fingers!!! :o

Duncani_Daho
01-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Yesterday on Khyber I pulled a Sunblade. I couldn't use it well with my build (monk/rogue) so I gave it up for a roll. Nazziron ended up walking away with it after a vicious roll-off. Caged Trolls on hard.
We had 5 level 4 characters and one level 5 so no one could use the min level 6 Sunblade yet.

In Mortal Voyage, about a year ago, Movan HC (hardcore, ladies) pulled TWO Sunblades from level 7 quests (Bloody Crypt on hard and Depths of Doom on elite). Let's just say they ideally fit his drow tempest build. He left Mortal Voyage and joined a static and now he is level 16 (with enough xp for 17) still dual-wielding them against devils in the Vale of Twilight. He has better weapons are far as dps goes. But from a story standpoint-- c'mon what could be cooler?

KGWiking
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Pulls --
Batman +5 Mithral Full Plate pulled in a lvl 8 quest on hard (UMD needed)
Solo Cursespwer BAxe of Righteousness pulled in Threnal Battle Axe of Dwarven Bane Reclamation run
Wiking Bloodstone pulled from named desert minion en route to quest -- he died a few days later along with another who had pulled BLoodstone on a different run.
Henny Dwarven Axe of pure good pulled in Splinter Elite (lvl 7)
Gaelen Holy burst heavy pick Madstone Crater OrcBane WH Madstone

Two of my guys have the Minos Legens from the Orchard - but those obviously weren't from quests.

Lessah
01-21-2010, 08:29 PM
So, I have been enjoying PD for a little over a month now and am curious and wanted to ask this question to other PD-ers.

Whats the best lewt item you pulled so far? Any paralysers, disruptors, or even vorpals... not to mention even banishers, smiters out there in PD land?

I have managed to level my ranger to 11 and pulled a sweet +1 Holy Dwarven Axe of pure good (:D almost considering swaping feats for a DA)outta the Gianthold slayer today and this got me thinking about what other good/great items have been found.

Items like a paralyser could greatly impact what quests a party could/should attempt.

Anyways, would love to hear about your lootZ...

Rab

This is a great question!

Be warned though, if you are gonna PD non-twink and no vendor... expect to use your nicked mace/ longsword until you reach Stormcleave!

Having said that, I have a rogue who I just never got around to buying things for. As it turns out, he is ONE LUCKY DUCK!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/bonnieology/Permadeath%20Chronicles/nathzarsstuff.jpg

Oh, and my 14 PD Pally over on Sarlona is quite the little good luck charm as well. I have plus 5 Mithral Full Plate that the Sorc in our group pulled and passed over to me. It looks GREAT!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/bonnieology/Permadeath%20Chronicles/ScreenShot00390-1-1.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/bonnieology/Permadeath%20Chronicles/ScreenShot00391-1.jpg

It looks pretty nice I think.
Not shown here are the Firestorm Greaves (spelling?) That she pulled from the Desert, the Dynastic Falcatta from the same place, The Plus one Paralyzing Handaxe that she pulled form a rare chest in The Orchard.

Two of our guys have pulled Bloodstones over in Sublime as well. My guildmate pulled a WOP min level ten bow out of the Gianthold.. the Supply depot chest dropped it!!

Also, we have been runing the Mindsunder. Nice loot is coming out of there as well.

But the all time... my all time... favorite pull for me came from the Atraxia's Haven Explorer area (the Ranger's Chest I think). Min Level 6, Plus 5 Mithral Full Plate (elf drow only) that My PD Level 20 Cleric still wears. It was passed over to me by a human pally in the group who could not wear it and had NO IDEA what she had. I felt a little guilty, but not guilty enough to give it back!

I am evil like that sometimes... it's cool though, she is the one who pulled the bloodstone yesterday and not me!

:D:D:D

All's fair in love and war baby!!!! Big Kal and his sweet loot is pictured below!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/bonnieology/Permadeath%20Chronicles/kalland.jpg

KGWiking
01-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Talking about the Sunblade --- My Lvl 7 cleric recently pulled it - and we were running a quest for some insane reason without a real melee type (Two clerics - rogue - sorc - and monk I think).

I had a choice to multi-class or continue to be "a Union approved cleric" which is Valhallan PD Guild slang for pure classes.

Not sure if it is still in the bank or if I decided to keep my union card. Sadly, since we can't trade out of quest it is most likely to be in the bank - sort of a trophy case - or end up in some tavern as the innkeeper's pseudo award!

KG

Chai
01-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Just pulled a Mace of Smiting in Xorian last night....

Another group member pulled the Planar Gird.

parvo
01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Last weekend, I had a level ten character pull a Weighted Maul +6 to the Stunning Blow DC. Similar to my Mace of Smiting that I used once before dying, the character died in the quest he pulled it in (VoN III hard). I don't know how good it is, but I'm going to find out. I'm going to hierloom it and build a character who can use it properly :)

Rab
01-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks all, I love hearing what you(and other party members) found!!!

I just pulled my first +1 tome the other day in gianthold slayer. It of course had to be Intelligence...so passed it along to a deserve-ed guildy. But, I was excited to see a tome drop.

Im still waiting to hear of a paralyser or a vorpal pulled in PD.

Oh ya and that Wop bow.....sweet pull(whoever that was)!!!

KGWiking
01-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Man, what a pull - not the greatest but timely.

Lenny the Dink pulled a +2 True chaso great axe of pure good running Deleras on Elite... it made very short work of the Marut in Von's 3 :)

KG

Rab
01-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Ok, shortly after my last post I was going through my typical slayer kill run in the Gianthold and found a +1 Paralysing Bastard sword out there!!

Cant wait to have my typical group try it out and see how effective it will be!!!

I have been pretty lucky with what I have found so far, however it has been on Dwarven Axes and now Bastard swords... :rolleyes:

Knippers
02-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Interesting, after reading this post I got curious. So I went looking at PermaDeath builds in my DDO. Very interesting what I found.....;)

parvo
02-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Interesting, after reading this post I got curious. So I went looking at PermaDeath builds in my DDO. Very interesting what I found.....;)

Dun dun dun dun DUNN!!!!

The very mysterious "Very interesting what I found..."

Do tell. What did you find?

Knippers
02-19-2010, 11:44 PM
LOL! O.k., here it is:

I only found your builds on myDDO, Parvo. I tried to look at some other players characters, but they were not available. And for those of you who don't know, myDDO displays your characters stats and inventory panel. The reason I found this interesting, was because in order for the characters to be unavailable to view, players would have to go into their settings of myDDO and change their characters to "hide". To me, this begs the question:

Why would a permadeath player hide his builds? :(

Duncani_Daho
02-20-2010, 12:09 PM
LOL! O.k., here it is:

I only found your builds on myDDO, Parvo. I tried to look at some other players characters, but they were not available. And for those of you who don't know, myDDO displays your characters stats and inventory panel. The reason I found this interesting, was because in order for the characters to be unavailable to view, players would have to go into their settings of myDDO and change their characters to "hide". To me, this begs the question:

That's not true. The default setting for myDDO is anonymous. Since Update 3, unless you purposefully went in to change your characters' status from anonymous to public, those characters will give no information.

parvo
02-22-2010, 06:49 AM
LOL! O.k., here it is:

You can go to the guild page in MYDDO, on the left there is a character list. Press the link to "Full List". Then press any character on that list. The database is broken for some, but most will display their equipment, even if the player is anon.

Knippers
02-23-2010, 06:31 PM
To Duncani_Daho:
If, as you say, the default setting for MyDDO is anonymous since release 3, where in the release notes was that noted? I never read that and I even went back to them to see if I overlooked it. Only thing I found was the announcement that it would now be available in game.

To Parvo:
Thanks! Now everyone will know how to display thier builds that they are so proud of. Including the the PD community.

O.k, I admit I should have been more detailed. Please let me try again:
I find it funny that those in the PD community that are vocal about their builds accomplishments & pulls, don't share said builds for curious players to examine. If it is truly an accomplishment, then the announcement is missing some of the most important details. Like what items, weapons, stats etc. they used to get there.

It has been said that characters created for the PD environment are not built like those posted on these forums. And running almost every quest at level for a min/max tweaked out build is easy to do. Some in the PD community have even said - where is the challenge in that? But you aren't communicating any "greatness" of the PD gaming experience by sharing a quest completion without at least allowing a peek at the character you used. What you invite are remarks like the one posted in the achievements forum for the Wiz King completion: "welcome to mod 5". Sharing your accomplishments invite comments like the one mentioned above - because it has been done already. Non-PDers don't get the "achievement" your so proud of. Meaning - if it's so great, it must be what you are (not) using or creating. SO WHY CAN'T I SEE THE CHARACTER?

~Zornochio
02-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Knippers, most of us have sections in our guild forums for our successful builds, how they got there, what they used, etc... Posting them here on the DDO forums is just asking for responses about 'useless' feats, 'stupid' choices, etc... More people are open to PD since Unlimited but I'm sure there are other long-time pders like me that avoid the DDO forums due to past experiences. I have a link to the character builds section of the Sublime guild in my signature. (current list is out of date, I'm behind on updates)

parvo
02-24-2010, 06:16 PM
To Duncani_Daho:
If, as you say, the default setting for MyDDO is anonymous since release 3, where in the release notes was that noted? I never read that and I even went back to them to see if I overlooked it. Only thing I found was the announcement that it would now be available in game.

To Parvo:
Thanks! Now everyone will know how to display thier builds that they are so proud of. Including the the PD community.

O.k, I admit I should have been more detailed. Please let me try again:
I find it funny that those in the PD community that are vocal about their builds accomplishments & pulls, don't share said builds for curious players to examine. If it is truly an accomplishment, then the announcement is missing some of the most important details. Like what items, weapons, stats etc. they used to get there.

It has been said that characters created for the PD environment are not built like those posted on these forums. And running almost every quest at level for a min/max tweaked out build is easy to do. Some in the PD community have even said - where is the challenge in that? But you aren't communicating any "greatness" of the PD gaming experience by sharing a quest completion without at least allowing a peek at the character you used. What you invite are remarks like the one posted in the achievements forum for the Wiz King completion: "welcome to mod 5". Sharing your accomplishments invite comments like the one mentioned above - because it has been done already. Non-PDers don't get the "achievement" your so proud of. Meaning - if it's so great, it must be what you are (not) using or creating. SO WHY CAN'T I SEE THE CHARACTER?

You don't get it? You can view any character you like. Just do what I instructed above. The default anon is only for quest completions.

GeneralDiomedes
02-24-2010, 11:03 PM
SO WHY CAN'T I SEE THE CHARACTER?

Don't get your knippers in a knot

parvo
02-25-2010, 07:13 AM
...SO WHY CAN'T I SEE THE CHARACTER?

Am I wrong here? I seem to be able to see any character I want, regardless of default anon status. I'd like to answer your question, but to me, it's a mystery that lies between your ears. :confused:

toughguyjoe
02-25-2010, 07:25 AM
My character Snakess and Barrels has a Sirroco from Wiz-King, a Planar gird from Xorian Cipher, a Carnifex with 1 force damage upgrade....

But last week in Ataraxia he pulled a +2 Shock Greataxe of Pure Good from the Chest in the gazebo!

Now its a +2 Shock Frost Greataxe of Pure Good thanks to Jack Frost and my adequate Twitching Skillz!

Rab
02-25-2010, 09:50 AM
My character Snakess and Barrels has a Sirroco from Wiz-King, a Planar gird from Xorian Cipher, a Carnifex with 1 force damage upgrade....

But last week in Ataraxia he pulled a +2 Shock Greataxe of Pure Good from the Chest in the gazebo!

Now its a +2 Shock Frost Greataxe of Pure Good thanks to Jack Frost and my adequate Twitching Skillz!

Thanks for brining this thread back to business here!! :p

Wow, thats some serious luck pulling a Sirroco and a Gird!!! Very Nice!!!

And that Greataxe is very Yummy!!! Nice!!!

We in our guild are so far loving the frost/icy burst additions to our non-named weapons, a HUGE bonus especially for PD. I was originally, meh... about the event but as I learned more about what we could do I defintely got more into it!!

oberon131313
02-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Am I wrong here? I seem to be able to see any character I want, regardless of default anon status. I'd like to answer your question, but to me, it's a mystery that lies between your ears. :confused:

The default for player profiles is anon, but if you already know the name of the character you are looking up, then you don't need the player name. However, unless that person logs in and changes it, it now defaults to anon, so if you were to search by toon name, you only get that 1, not the other builds associated with that players other characters.

kafrielveddicus
02-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Thanks for brining this thread back to business here!! :p

Wow, thats some serious luck pulling a Sirroco and a Gird!!! Very Nice!!!

And that Greataxe is very Yummy!!! Nice!!!

We in our guild are so far loving the frost/icy burst additions to our non-named weapons, a HUGE bonus especially for PD. I was originally, meh... about the event but as I learned more about what we could do I defintely got more into it!!

I think it is hilarious that we have been able to put frost on our power sceptre items, so that it is easier to kill things on the way to quests without giving up any extra spell points, as far as icyburst stuff it is really easy to get even with the rental skates just need a little mario skill and boom you have yourself 6 or 7 purple coins per rental. In all the time of playing permadeath in a gear restrictive atmosphere, the weapons from this event have been a massive boon, add in the scavenger hunt and some weapons are just devastating and deathblock items are available more readily. You would think that the weekends 20% xp boost would be really important but having 5 or 6 icy burst items per toon is just a gigantic advantage for permadeath. I do like the fact that the ice events require some skill to achieve the higher tier of items(for both recipes and the hunt), this will make this event more representative to those that have access to it.

Happy Hunting ALL!!!

parvo
02-25-2010, 06:34 PM
The default for player profiles is anon, but if you already know the name of the character you are looking up, then you don't need the player name. However, unless that person logs in and changes it, it now defaults to anon, so if you were to search by toon name, you only get that 1, not the other builds associated with that players other characters.

I'm pounding my head against the keyboard here... All you have to do to view any character in Mortal Voyage (or any other PD guild) is this:

1. Go to the guilds MyDDO page
2. On the left hand side there is a character list with a button below it that says "View Full List"
3. Click that button

Mortal Voyage has close to 1000 viewable characters! View away Knipperboy. View away Oberon. View until your eyes bleed permadeath red. Anyone implying PD players have something to hide is an idiot.

As far as the ice games and easter egg hunts go. They're a waste of dev time. It never ceases to amaze me, players choose permadeath because it's different, then do everything they can to make PD just like "normal" with overpowered gear, running endless slayer, farming, or continously running quest beneath character level. I just don't get it. Why not just play normal?

Duncani_Daho
02-25-2010, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=parvo;2786681]I'm pounding my head against the keyboard here... All you have to do to view any character in Mortal Voyage (or any other PD guild) is this:

2. On the left hand side there is a character list with a button below it that says "View Full List"
3. Click that button

Yes, but seeing the character won't show you what quests they have run. I was looking for a character in The Core--Dygardo-- to show 'ol Knippers that we ran Tempests Spine on hard without shrining, without House P or J buffs, and without Festivus cookies and cakes and icy burst cream on top.

My point: the default setting is anonymous for showing what quests each character has been running, when they leveled, etc.

Also, looking up The Core will show out-dated information: all of Cyrnil's characters are no longer in the guild, neither is Lasereyes, so and so forth, etc. etc.

Be careful what you assume.

toughguyjoe
02-25-2010, 10:54 PM
This just in:

I finally got a Recipe 5!!!!

So my axe is now +2 Shock Icy Burst Greataxe of Pure Good!

:cool:

oberon131313
02-25-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm pounding my head against the keyboard here... All you have to do to view any character in Mortal Voyage (or any other PD guild) is this:

3. Click that button

[COLOR=red]Mortal Voyage has close to 1000 viewable characters!
View away Knipperboy. View away Oberon. View until your eyes bleed permadeath red.Anyone implying PD players have something to hide is an idiot.

I was in no way implying anything, since I really don't care either way, I was just clarifying what you yourself said you were confused about.

When you search for my Guild, you can indeed see the full list of characters to look at, even if they are anon. For instance, my Bank toon on my F2P account is on the first page of the guild list, even though I havn't logged into that MyDDO account and changed any settings. However, once you click on that name, you cannot see what account it is associated with. This means you can't look at the other toons associated with that account, which I believe is what that other poster was saying.

I understand that you can see all the guild members, and I knew that, perhaps he didn't.

Either way, it's a silly thing to get worked up over.

parvo
02-25-2010, 11:26 PM
I was in no way implying anything, since I really don't care either way, I was just clarifying what you yourself said you were confused about.

When you search for my Guild, you can indeed see the full list of characters to look at, even if they are anon. For instance, my Bank toon on my F2P account is on the first page of the guild list, even though I havn't logged into that MyDDO account and changed any settings. However, once you click on that name, you cannot see what account it is associated with. This means you can't look at the other toons associated with that account, which I believe is what that other poster was saying.

I understand that you can see all the guild members, and I knew that, perhaps he didn't.

Either way, it's a silly thing to get worked up over.

Knippers point and implication was pretty clear. I'm only confused how someone could imply such a thing when it's so obviously not the case. Anyway...

A group of us ran Tear of Dhakaan on elite tonight. All kinds of great loot for the group. +5 Greataxe. Deathblock Robe. +4 Handwraps. Health Ring of Moderate Fortification. And my personal favorite (because it was my pull), +4 Ogre Power Bracers, elf only. :) Note, in Mortal Voyage we don't quest below our level so all the characters involved were level nine and below. This was outstanding loot and XP for a quest that requires skillfull play.

Duncani_Daho
02-26-2010, 04:46 PM
A group of five in The Core ran Eastern Threnal on hard last night and upon completion our monk got a pleasant surprise: Rahl's Might. A truly decent kama-- +2, Absolute Law (additional 2d6 vs. non-lawful, can not be wielded by non-lawful), and greater cold resistance.

East part 3 without shrining, without House P buffs, and without a full party, was challenging enough to satisfy.

Limmi
03-10-2010, 04:26 AM
Wiking Bloodstone pulled from named desert minion en route to quest -- he died a few days later along with another who had pulled BLoodstone on a different run.

My Pally also pulled a Bloodstone a few weeks later, needless to say she became very cautious since.
Although it's been a couple of months and she's still alive, but I don't play often with her anymore.