PDA

View Full Version : Az Inc. is now the biggest guild on Thelanis

KingOfCheese
01-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Az Inc. is now the biggest guild on Thelanis

Congrats Az Inc. It isn't easy to build or maintain a group that big.

See stats here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=211903

Gorstag
01-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Who the hell is Az inc......and how did they gain so many members so fast? Honestly never heard of them.

KingOfCheese
01-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Who the hell is Az inc......and how did they gain so many members so fast? Honestly never heard of them.

I've seen them around recently (seems to be a lot of newer players). I was VERY surprised by their size. There have been a number of newish guilds that pop up quickly and surprise me. Quest for Immortality seemed like it came out of nowhere as well.

Delt
01-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Wasn't the leader of AZ Inc. that guy who had the pyramid scheme idea...where he sold "shares" for his guild?

Or am I remembering wrong?

Ministry
01-21-2010, 11:44 AM
I've seen one or two members of AZ Inc.

Where in the freak did they get that kind of membership?

All levels 1 - 5?

There are a number of guilds out there like that.

Maybe you should put in some kind of qualifier?

Like... count the amount of guilds with players level 10 and up?

Honestly, I don't know AZ Inc. and they might not be an "off the boat" guild so don't get me wrong, I mean this as a general comment... so generally speaking, a good number of the guilds I've seen on the list with a lot of members are barely seen in Meridia or on Shav.

And Socks, I have seen a number of the Quest for Immortality people at the higher levels. Like you, not sure how they got so big, but I was gone for 7 months, so maybe they were giving away free hams to anyone who joined.

;)

Missing_Minds
01-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Wasn't the leader of AZ Inc. that guy who had the pyramid scheme idea...where he sold "shares" for his guild?

Or am I remembering wrong?

No, that is him. Still spamming it last I saw a week ago.

DagazUlf
01-21-2010, 12:27 PM
No, that is him. Still spamming it last I saw a week ago.

Definitely the same guy. I've got guildies that started new characters this past week and were spammed within minutes of character creation.

Reputation for them is spurious-at-best right now.

tihocan
01-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Once you prove yourself in Az Inc you are eligible for a trial in Smokey. That's why everyone wants to join.

Ministry
01-21-2010, 12:39 PM
once You Prove Yourself In Az Inc You Are Eligible For A Trial In Smokey. That's Why Everyone Wants To Join.

Omg... Roflmfao!!!

+1

:)

RobbinB
01-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Az Inc. is now the biggest guild on Thelanis

I honestly can't tell from your post if you are dishing out honest congratulations or using sarcasm to inform us of the newest source of ineptitude we might be seeing in future high level raids on Thelanis.

(If a guild achieves a large member base that quick then what does it tell you about the recruitment policy of said guild?)

DoctorWhofan
01-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Bigger isn't always better. For Az. Inc. Smokey's and the rest.

As forthe Quest guys...I have spoken to their guild leader and he si on a Mission to change DDO. Then he tried to recruit me after I said I was a guild leader.

KingOfCheese
01-21-2010, 01:04 PM
I honestly can't tell from your post if you are dishing out honest congratulations or using sarcasm to inform us of the newest source of ineptitude we might be seeing in future high level raids on Thelanis.

(If a guild achieves a large member base that quick then what does it tell you about the recruitment policy of said guild?)

Honest congratulations (sarcasm was certainly a possibility if you've seen some of my other posts :) ). Regardless of recruitment tactics or player experience, I think it is a major accomplishment to pull that many people together and keep the group together (or at least keep a steady stream of new people coming in). I'd hate to try to do this myself. That being said, I think it is MORE difficult to maintain a guild of 300-600 experienced powergamers (and cudos to those that have been able to do it well). But getting 800-1000 people together without collapsing or fractionating right away is its own accomplishment in my opinion.

KingOfCheese
01-21-2010, 01:07 PM
And Socks, I have seen a number of the Quest for Immortality people at the higher levels. Like you, not sure how they got so big, but I was gone for 7 months, so maybe they were giving away free hams to anyone who joined.

;)

I love my guild and have a hard time imagining a circumstance where I would leave. But for enough hams . . . I'd have to think about it.

Ash
01-21-2010, 01:19 PM
I love my guild and have a hard time imagining a circumstance where I would leave. But for enough hams . . . I'd have to think about it.

The dude sits in Korthos and spams all new toons in the town. When not there he sits outside the harbor and spams all bank users.

He lets in anything*

*I mean anything

Ministry
01-21-2010, 01:22 PM

As forthe Quest guys...I have spoken to their guild leader and he si on a Mission to change DDO. Then he tried to recruit me after I said I was a guild leader.

What, pray tell, did he mean by... "on a mission to change DDO"?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!... don't change DDO...

DagazUlf
01-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Once you prove yourself in Az Inc you are eligible for a trial in Smokey. That's why everyone wants to join.

reppity-rep

DoctorWhofan
01-21-2010, 03:12 PM
What, pray tell, did he mean by... "on a mission to change DDO"?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!... don't change DDO...

something about removing the old gaurd and having one big guild. Or all alligence to one. ANdthat everyone is happy at his guild. Gotta give him credit for having a goal.

DagazUlf
01-21-2010, 03:14 PM
something about removing the old gaurd and having one big guild. Or all alligence to one. ANdthat everyone is happy at his guild. Gotta give him credit for having a goal.

Oh.... it's the Borg in disguise then?

DoctorWhofan
01-21-2010, 03:16 PM
The dude sits in Korthos and spams all new toons in the town. When not there he sits outside the harbor and spams all bank users.

He lets in anything*

*I mean anything

I told him that was a bad idea, too. I was trying to be helpful. Quantity vs. Quality and so on. He said I was very nice and I should join his guild. When I told him I run a guild, he answeredthat his was better and he will change DDO. It was like an hour conversation with him.

DoctorWhofan
01-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Oh.... it's the Borg in disguise then?

borgs aren't happy. They are not...anything. Andthey are not a playable race in Star Trek Online

Memnir
01-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Congratz!
(just don't drink the Kool Aid.)

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/EnPsyane01/kool_aid_man.jpg

PSU93
01-21-2010, 03:27 PM

Building a group that big is one thing, but maintaining it is something completely different. Let's see where they are in a few months...

Cool post, Sockie. Thanks for putting it together!

Lagin
01-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Do I have to be flagged for that?

Lorz
01-21-2010, 03:33 PM
I think its a great idea...get all the idiots into one place...tag them so everybody knows who they are.

Its Genius!

/Quality over Quantity everytime.

Ministry
01-21-2010, 03:37 PM
I told him that was a bad idea, too. I was trying to be helpful. Quantity vs. Quality and so on. He said I was very nice and I should join his guild. When I told him I run a guild, he answeredthat his was better and he will change DDO. It was like an hour conversation with him.

You my dear are an angel.

The minute someone tells me they are better than me, I know for one, they are wrong and quite disturbed.

The greatest individuals who changed the world for the better were in almost all cases, humble and knew that no one person is BETTER than another, just different.

His guild is better because it is bigger? Ya, heard that one before and will laugh hysterically every time.

Please, have him try that with me, any of Legion, Ace/Rev, Judo, Maels, etc... OMG... that would be fun.

Although, I guarantee he would get out about one sentence before any of the above would call him a tard and squelch him for oh... so many reasons.

Memnir is right... watch out for this guys offers of Kool-Aid.

I would give Mem more rep points, but it states he's maxed.

Lorz
01-21-2010, 03:37 PM

Dr. you speak the truth, but some will not hear it.

I can see this guy now, "Look i got the best guild look how many members we have....yeah they are mostly lvl 1~3 but look we have the most...that makes us the best in game."

Where is the emote for dumb-smacking somebody in game?

Quietstorm
01-21-2010, 03:38 PM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm37/williamhutchins/129034750514093934.jpg

Ministry
01-21-2010, 03:38 PM
I think its a great idea...get all the idiots into one place...tag them so everybody knows who they are.

Its Genius!

/Quality over Quantity everytime.

Genius, Genius, Genius (sounding like the opera singer guy from Mr. Deeds).

You are so correct.

Ministry
01-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Do I have to be flagged for that?

Nope, just need to be able to hit a key and "accept" his invite.

and do very little more...

;)

Sanadil
01-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Traiter..no more shadow humping for you...

KingOfCheese
01-21-2010, 03:55 PM
The minute someone tells me they are better than me, I know for one, they are wrong and quite disturbed.

I am better than you . . . . .

. . . . .

. . .

. .

at doing at least one of the following:

1) remembering Green Bay Packer player names from the 1980s
2) playing the accordion
3) spitting really far

Well, I suppose that does make me quite disturbed.

DoctorWhofan
01-21-2010, 04:06 PM

. . . . .

. . .

. .

at doing at least one of the following:

1) remembering Green Bay Packer player names from the 1980s
2) playing the accordion
3) spitting really far

Well, I suppose that does make me quite disturbed.

Stop bragging sockie, or we wil get jealous!

Ash
01-21-2010, 04:06 PM

3) spitting really far

Oh i dare challenge you!

I have been known to cross the width of four lane roads with no breeze :P

DoctorWhofan
01-21-2010, 04:11 PM
You my dear are an angel.

The greatest individuals who changed the world for the better were in almost all cases, humble and knew that no one person is BETTER than another, just different.

His guild is better because it is bigger? Ya, heard that one before and will laugh hysterically every time.

Please, have him try that with me, any of Legion, Ace/Rev, Judo, Maels, etc... OMG... that would be fun.

Although, I guarantee he would get out about one sentence before any of the above would call him a tard and squelch him for oh... so many reasons.

Memnir is right... watch out for this guys offers of Kool-Aid.

I would give Mem more rep points, but it states he's maxed.

I am not a saint. I have infraction points! :D

I tried to getthe mission statement out of him, how is was going to "change" DDO. It became a big circular argument about everybody is happy in his guild and he will change DDO. Honestly, with those numbers, how can he know everyone is happy? Has he met all his guildies? Took a poll? I just don't get it.

I make a point to introduce myself to all new guildies. I make sure they are happy and assist them when I can. I don't babysit but I try to be a sounding board. I am far from perfect but I think I do a good job.

Lagin
01-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Wondering if Smokeys & AZ inc Are the same core group, or if they will form an alliance?
Whatever,
All the more reason to like the disable general, trade, advice chat!

MrWizard
01-21-2010, 10:33 PM
yea, but how many are individual players and not someone with 10 toons?

tihocan
01-22-2010, 08:22 AM
yea, but how many are individual players and not someone with 10 toons?
They all have max 2 characters.

binnsr
01-22-2010, 08:24 AM
They all have max 2 characters.

And 3/4 of them are probably inactives that tried the game and then left after they couldn't figure out korthos. :rolleyes:

Ministry
01-22-2010, 04:24 PM
And 3/4 of them are probably inactives that tried the game and then left after they couldn't figure out korthos. :rolleyes:

Now that... wasy FUNNY!

One of those sad, but true and funny at the same time situations.

:( :)

darkminstrel
02-10-2010, 10:59 PM

That's actually about right. I'm arguably the most active member of AZ and do my best to help new members/noobs when they're around. We have little cohesion, but do have weekly meetings. Az is a good guy and tries to run the guild pretty freely, not imposing a ton of rules. We're less a guild and more a loosely organised mob.

The stock/banking system may seem like a ploy, but I've actually been paid out dividends and interest from them both. I've no clue how he does it...but it's real.

Azmedian
02-13-2010, 02:15 PM
1. The Goal of Az Inc. is to have a large pool of players available online 24 hrs a day. This way whenever a member logs on they will have a pool of players to pick & choose from especially if they are looking for a particular set of skills for a mission.

2. Az Inc. Stock is not a scam Stock Prices are listed daily on the Official website on Guildportal.com, Search guilds for Az Inc. Stock price is Listed in the Information Section. See for yourself.

3. All of you calling My Stock program a scam, I dare you to name or infact bring here to post, 1 Person I scammed! Name 1 person I ripped off! With this open statement I want anyone that I have scammed out of there gold to speak-up & post here freely!, In fact I ask that ANYONE who has lost gold with the stock to post here. There will be 0 Posts, I have never ripped-off any of my Shareholders, & I never scammed anyone out of there Gold, thats a FACT!

The fact of the matter is the stock have been very profitable since its start in October '09, .

2/13/2010
Azmedian, CEO, Az Inc.
Azinc, Treasurer, Az Inc.

KillEveryone
02-17-2010, 04:32 AM
Even though you haven't cheated anyone, I still don't trust you.

I may have run with some your guildies but I still will not share my loot with your guildies even though they could benifit more than me.

I think you are greedy from your stock venture. Because of the stock venture, I feel all members of your guild are tainted.

I feel that since they are in your guild, if they need money, they can join in your stock venture. If they need a hand out, they can talk to you, the guild leader, but they will not get anything from me.

I feel this way because if I give them something they may sell it just to be able to contribute to that stock venture of yours and I would rather give my stuff to someone that doesn't partake in your venture and doesn't have a rich guild leader.

Gladiator_206
02-17-2010, 06:05 AM
thats ironic that az inc is the biggest guild, ive never even seen one member...

Spisey
02-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Don't Tot get wind of this. He will befriend the leader, gain officership and dismantle the guild in a flurry of clicks! Argo has witnessed his immense power! :D

Lorien_the_First_One
02-17-2010, 06:48 AM
thats ironic that az inc is the biggest guild, ive never even seen one member...

Max guild size is 1000 so the reported number for this guild is wrong. A guild on Argo had (pre tot) about 400ish members and myddo showed they had something like 2500. Myddo counts are basically badly bugged on guilds that have rapid turnover as people join... realize that was a mistake...and quit.

darkminstrel
02-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Do all new guilds get this sort of negativity? I'm seeing Az's methodology as he will recruit every slag that clicks 'accept' and boots those that are inactive for more than a month with no notice. That builds a core group, some of whom move on, many of whom may stay. From that beginning a good guild can grow.

Is it that he's not able to state clearly his intent? Is it that there is a definite noob predjudice? I'm really curious, guys. I have to PUG every day, nearly 100%, but I'm still loyal to my guild because I see members going up in levels quickly. I figure if I hold on long enough the guild will fail or regulate into something worthwhile.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Do all new guilds get this sort of negativity? I'm seeing Az's methodology as he will recruit every slag that clicks 'accept' and boots those that are inactive for more than a month with no notice. That builds a core group, some of whom move on, many of whom may stay. From that beginning a good guild can grow.

Is it that he's not able to state clearly his intent? Is it that there is a definite noob predjudice? I'm really curious, guys. I have to PUG every day, nearly 100%, but I'm still loyal to my guild because I see members going up in levels quickly. I figure if I hold on long enough the guild will fail or regulate into something worthwhile.

It's not the new part that's a problem. This guild has a particular history that brings the negativity.

Also blind invites in this game's culture are considered rude, so a guild built on them...

Ministry
02-17-2010, 11:47 AM
It's not the new part that's a problem. This guild has a particular history that brings the negativity.

Also blind invites in this game's culture are considered rude, so a guild built on them...

Agreed, blind invites from guilds and teams is rude and well... as far as I'm concerned, desperate and sad. But, that's just my opinion. Some guilds think the whole "open to all" concept is a great way to build a guild and ensure all players have a home and a bunch of guildies to team with and share resources and knowledge.

In the old days guilds would be formed on like minded / skilled players who felt a commonality / kinship and developed and grew based on that premise.

The last time I made a new toon, I had 4 guild invites within the first day, 2 of which came shortly after reaching the harbor.

As far as AZ Inc players, I've seen very few online in my past almost 2 months being back and have only been on team with a couple of them in all that time and I pug a LOT... it wasn't the best experience. They weren't horrible and or overly rude, but they definitely need some work and were a tad defensive about their lack of knowledge and skill, which is not the best way to grow and / or gain friends.

Do most guilds have players like that? Hell ya.

So, the only real difference is that I don't know how many of us have seen superior players in AZ Inc and no matter how good you think your guild is, if you are sending out blind invites to new toons / players off the boat, you are going to be perceived in a much less favorable way.

Maybe instead of worrying about stock options (???), build some primarily guild raids with the LFM stating AZ INC. raid... all welcome. Show people that you have the ability to lead raids and are open to bringing anyone onto the team and guarantee success. This will score you some points and credibility (trust me... nothing works better than this).

More action and less talk seems to convice people a bit more.

In the end AZ Inc peeps... it's not about what happens, what you read / hear, etc... it's how you react.

Argue, Neg Rep people, do whatever you want, but realize the ramifications of negative reactions usually comes back in much more and many negative ways. For an example of that... just read up above on many of the posts I've seen from people outside your guild.

Care or not... that's your choice... that you always have.

Thrudh
02-17-2010, 11:58 AM

If you invite everyone you see, you'll get some very bad players in your guild... Then others will group with them, and note their guild tags... If I have 3 or so really bad experiences with members of your guild, I will stop grouping with ALL members of your guild... I will mark you in my mind as a guild to avoid....

Successful guilds PUG with prospective members several times, and only invite the good players... There are certain guilds that I am EXCITED to see in my group, because every time I've grouped with them, it's been a good experience...

phalaeo
02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Don't Tot get wind of this. He will befriend the leader, gain officership and dismantle the guild in a flurry of clicks! Argo has witnessed his immense power! :D

I was about to say....
:D

Welcome to your version of Korthos Army.

Lagin
02-17-2010, 12:11 PM
There are 3 guilds doing blind invites at Korthos & the Harbor.

Not cool in my book, there is no sense in having such large guilds because of the obvious answers.

What ever happened to a proper screening process?

Im glad the older more established guilds, still have a REAL recruitment format. At least I KNOW what kind of player I'm running with!

Sorry to say this, but if I have an LFM, and I don't recognize you or your guild, I prob won't invite you! (I've heard about too many bad groups, and players from these 3 BIG guilds not being well rounded players)
Not to say there aren't good players in these guilds. but I would never know that, because I havent had or more importantly WONT have the exposure to these player pools.

Correlan
02-17-2010, 12:31 PM
When I first came over to this server from good ol' Urup, I had only been logged into Thelanis about 5 mins, during that time i had recieved 3 blind invites into Az Inc. Obviously i rejected (I do the same for blind party invites unless i recognise the party leaders name)the invites and squelched the Az inc recruiter, all three of them.. To this day i haven't recieved anymore blind invites to Az Inc.

Lagin
02-17-2010, 12:40 PM

Agreed, blind invites from guilds and teams is rude and well... as far as I'm concerned, desperate and sad. But, that's just my opinion. Some guilds think the whole "open to all" concept is a great way to build a guild and ensure all players have a home and a bunch of guildies to team with and share resources and knowledge.

So, the only real difference is that I don't know how many of us have seen superior players in AZ Inc and no matter how good you think your guild is, if you are sending out blind invites to new toons / players off the boat, you are going to be perceived in a much less favorable way.

Maybe instead of worrying about stock options (???), build some primarily guild raids with the LFM stating AZ INC. raid... all welcome. Show people that you have the ability to lead raids and are open to bringing anyone onto the team and guarantee success. This will score you some points and credibility (trust me... nothing works better than this).

Argue, Neg Rep people, do whatever you want, but realize the ramifications of negative reactions usually comes back in much more and many negative ways. For an example of that... just read up above on many of the posts I've seen from people outside your guild.

Care or not... that's your choice... that you always have.

/signed

darkminstrel
02-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Interesting replies, guys. I've been in MMOs for a few years, not many but a few. I've had the experience of guilds/clans/etc being useless in all but having a tag next to your name. Maybe I'm more of a loner, maybe I've never had the experience of joining a well put together group, but I'm ok where I'm at. I've got 2 toons in AZ and one out. I Still have the same PUG ratio with each.

Maybe I'm missing out on the good stuff? *shrug* who knows.

tc12
02-17-2010, 02:46 PM
I've got 2 toons in AZ and one out. I Still have the same PUG ratio with each.

That really is a sign of an ineffective guild right there, regardless of size. Or in this case perhaps especially regarding size. The whole point of a guild is that there are like-minded folk on that you can group with, and get a more predictable experince than a PuG. If you're in a guild and still pugging all the time, you're probably not in the right guild. Obvious exceptions for small guilds or those where you're "off-hours" compared to most, etc. But if there's a ton of folks on when you are and you're not running with them, what's the point of being there?

TC

binnsr
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
That really is a sign of an ineffective guild right there, regardless of size. Or in this case perhaps especially regarding size. The whole point of a guild is that there are like-minded folk on that you can group with, and get a more predictable experince than a PuG. If you're in a guild and still pugging all the time, you're probably not in the right guild. Obvious exceptions for small guilds or those where you're "off-hours" compared to most, etc. But if there's a ton of folks on when you are and you're not running with them, what's the point of being there?

TC

qft

darkminstrel
02-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Obvious exceptions for small guilds or those where you're "off-hours" compared to most

That's me right there. 0400-0800pst. I've had guildies in my parties...a dozen times on my new toon. In about 2 months. But I'm still loyal. Dumb or persistent? Hmmmm...

Ministry
02-17-2010, 06:24 PM
That's me right there. 0400-0800pst. I've had guildies in my parties...a dozen times on my new toon. In about 2 months. But I'm still loyal. Dumb or persistent? Hmmmm...

I remember being in a guild for about a year and only teamed with them about 5% of the time as there were many people outside the guild I enjoyed teaming with more.

Humans are creatures of habit and a lot of times we make loyalties that aren't always the smartest moves, but once we make a decision, for better or worse, it can take us a long time to change our minds/decisions.

A good percentage of people will accept to move to a guild one day and some days later in the future may try out another they think might be better suited for them, just like we try out partnerships in life. Sometimes we get into a relationship that doesn't make sense to us, but they we change and change again to find one that is better suited for us.

Also, some guilds take time to develop and or will re-invent themselves to find a place / plateau their membership is suited to.

So, not necessarily dum or persistent, but it could be one of those... hopefully not the former.

;)

Bunker
02-17-2010, 07:25 PM
1. The Goal of Az Inc. is to have a large pool of players available online 24 hrs a day. This way whenever a member logs on they will have a pool of players to pick & choose from especially if they are looking for a particular set of skills for a mission.

2. Az Inc. Stock is not a scam Stock Prices are listed daily on the Official website on Guildportal.com, Search guilds for Az Inc. Stock price is Listed in the Information Section. See for yourself.

3. All of you calling My Stock program a scam, I dare you to name or infact bring here to post, 1 Person I scammed! Name 1 person I ripped off! With this open statement I want anyone that I have scammed out of there gold to speak-up & post here freely!, In fact I ask that ANYONE who has lost gold with the stock to post here. There will be 0 Posts, I have never ripped-off any of my Shareholders, & I never scammed anyone out of there Gold, thats a FACT!

The fact of the matter is the stock have been very profitable since its start in October '09, .

2/13/2010
Azmedian, CEO, Az Inc.
Azinc, Treasurer, Az Inc.

Azmedian: I was interested in becoming involved with your stock venture. However, after researching your supposed company history, I have found little to no information available past 1/9 of this year.

Any real company would not last if they had the same effort in record keeping as your supposed "company" does.

I see some ppl calling this a scam, others saying it is legit. All I see is 1 person creating a fictional stormreach entity for fun and nothing more. However, if you do want to keep parading abouts, roleplaying as a real company with real stock, you might consider keeping your records, earning history, stock performance ect ect ect.....more up-to-date.

Azmedian
02-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Azmedian: I was interested in becoming involved with your stock venture. However, after researching your supposed company history, I have found little to no information available past 1/9 of this year.

Any real company would not last if they had the same effort in record keeping as your supposed "company" does.

I see some ppl calling this a scam, others saying it is legit. All I see is 1 person creating a fictional stormreach entity for fun and nothing more. However, if you do want to keep parading abouts, roleplaying as a real company with real stock, you might consider keeping your records, earning history, stock performance ect ect ect.....more up-to-date.

In reguards to the Stock & Webpage I have explained there was a formatting problem with the post, since i dont know much about webpages I use a free site from Guildportal, I have explained in the news section of the problems & RL schedual not giving me much time this month. Thats Life. I am not perfect its a lot of work to keep up the website. Thats that. I dont own it & I couldnt get help from guildportal admin. So i had to figure a way to fix it. The Shareholders Who actually read the website are well aware of the problem. & I have already explaned it will be a slow month, Still profitable, but slow.

fuzzy1guy
02-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Personally i tend to ignore alot of the mass recruited guild people when filling a group.

Almost any other guild. Or an unguilded will get in before the mass recruited peoples.

People joining most guilds you can assume they have at least gotten some basic questions answered by their guild. And have some sort of clue about how to play and what they are doing. And in many cases have some basic resources that everyone needs.

The mass recruited guilds..... Not so much. Run into alot of them who had no clue and no equipment at all. And after lvl 10ish. Thats just not really acceptable at all.
I don't mind helping new players with info or whatever. But i don't want every group i run to be totally clueless. Theres only so many times i can answer the same questions or give the same hint in a day before i get ticked off.

For some reason the mass recruited guild people always lack the required basics.. poison, cure, blindness, curse, disease..

And a guild like az based around cash.... Well.. ha. they aint buyin pots.

Ministry
02-18-2010, 10:55 AM

For some reason the mass recruited guild people always lack the required basics.. poison, cure, blindness, curse, disease..

This part still baffles me how it is so rampant and not even that they lack the basics, they argue if you tell them they should have them.

It's almost a war between the veteran cool players that give a damn about clerics and love to solo or short man raids, vs. these new dependent ignorant (lacking knowledge or manners or sanity) players who can't do anything on their own, or just don't want to.

I've said it before, but nothing suprised me getting into a shroud on my first day back after my sabatical and 2 melees didn't have poison proof items or poison pots and how many were whining for buffs. If you can't say or type politely that you would love a buff that you can't give yourself and let it go if it's not offered... then just don't.

It got so bad that nowadays I won't play my spellcasters unless it's with people I know and when on my melees, I expect that I won't get the buffs that would make things better and know that I will hear people asking for poison, etc.. etc..

I guess you have two choices... bang your head against the wall over and over again / try to smarten people up, or just let it go and take care of your own needs.

It use to be when one of these ill prepared / ill mannered people were on a raid, they would be the anomoly, and now they are the standard.

:(

So, since most of us know that these mass recruit guilds will be full of these people, it must be clear why we would stay clear of them, or join their runs out of morbid curiousity or shear desperation.

My only question is... with guilds that size, do they really care what others think about them and will over time they just magically figure out how to play or get lucky and have the odd good player somehow come out of their mess and teach the rest of the guild.

Anything is possible.

Azmedian
02-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Personally i tend to ignore alot of the mass recruited guild people when filling a group.

Almost any other guild. Or an unguilded will get in before the mass recruited peoples.

People joining most guilds you can assume they have at least gotten some basic questions answered by their guild. And have some sort of clue about how to play and what they are doing. And in many cases have some basic resources that everyone needs.

The mass recruited guilds..... Not so much. Run into alot of them who had no clue and no equipment at all. And after lvl 10ish. Thats just not really acceptable at all.
I don't mind helping new players with info or whatever. But i don't want every group i run to be totally clueless. Theres only so many times i can answer the same questions or give the same hint in a day before i get ticked off.

And a guild like az based around cash.... Well.. ha. they aint buyin pots.

Az Inc. is an open guild ANYONE can join, it is a guild for the people. It is true there are no questions asked to join Az Inc. all you have to do is say YES to the invite. In order to be fair, I must admit sometimes I have multiple invited someone after they declined to join, this was unintentional & I appoligised for the bother. Just for the record I have suspended booting people after 1 month inactive after some complaints that that was not fair, so for now I will not boot idle players untill i figure a fair time frame. I dont want a huge guild full of idle players, I'm not looking for the biggest list of names & I didnt start this post claiming we were the biggest guild belive me it was news to me. Why Az Inc. the Guild was started with the intention of haveing a large pool of players online 24 hours a day. This way whenever you logged on you will have many guildmates to choose from. In the beginning I made Every member an officer, so they could invite there friends. I had to put a stop to that practice because of the abouse of the Guild Message. LoL, But Az Inc. the guild is still open to the public. Watch for your Invite.

Az Inc. the Stock Exchange:
I guess i should start at the beginning. . . .
Az Inc. first appeared in Ultima Online Atlantic Shard, in the late 90's I forget the year I started. If anyone remembers UO b4 it became wusified, there was fulltime pvp your only safe haven was in towns, outside of town you were on your own, fodder, players would run in packs attacking each other & raiding the gatherers for crafting goods. In UO if you died your body could be looted. My friend turned me onto the game after it was out for a while so there were plenty of higher lvl players than me. I started as a Miner/Fighter I would spend hours diging ore & smelting it into ingits only to have 1 stronger player or a squad of them come by & strong-arm me for my stuff or just outright kill me & loot me body. I couldnt get ahead I was down to scrounging for shovels because I was Broke from getting killed every 2 hours. I needed money to get better equipment & supplies so i could defend myself, I wasnt up for begging so what I did was start Az Inc. (Azmedian Incorporated). I didnt beg for gold like hundreds of others. What i did was sell you a share of all my future profits after all if it wasnt for them I'd still be broke & getting killed left & right. Since they helped me in the begining they deserve to share in my success. so I gave them a share of my treasury. It was a small core of investers 8 In the begining. I forget the amounts but they each gave me at least a few thousand gold, & expected nothing in return. I wrote down there names & then from then on when ever i would see them i would give them an update on how I was & gave them a % of my gold based on how much they gave me. Thus when I started playing here & seen the crazy AH prices. I decided to start Az Inc. again the whole process has been modified to its preasent state & working well.
The months of Nov 09 - Jan 10, saw a 30-33% profit per month. This month is slow do to RL schedual. 3-5% profit this month.
Az Inc. has over 6.9 Million Gold in its Treasury & over 500,000 Shares sold to the public Both the price of stock & a list of Shareholders are in the Information Section of The Official Webpage.

Those interested Search : DDO, Thelanis, Az Inc. on Guildportal.com

Thank You for you time & interest.

Azmedian CEO, Az Inc.

Mindfox
02-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Az Inc. is an open guild ANYONE can join, it is a guild for the people. It is true there are no questions asked to join Az Inc. all you have to do is say YES to the invite. In order to be fair, I must admit sometimes I have multiple invited someone after they declined to join, this was unintentional & I appoligised for the bother. Just for the record I have suspended booting people after 1 month inactive after some complaints that that was not fair, so for now I will not boot idle players untill i figure a fair time frame. I dont want a huge guild full of idle players, I'm not looking for the biggest list of names & I didnt start this post claiming we were the biggest guild belive me it was news to me. Why Az Inc. the Guild was started with the intention of haveing a large pool of players online 24 hours a day. This way whenever you logged on you will have many guildmates to choose from. In the beginning I made Every member an officer, so they could invite there friends. I had to put a stop to that practice because of the abouse of the Guild Message. LoL, But Az Inc. the guild is still open to the public. Watch for your Invite.

Az Inc. the Stock Exchange:
I guess i should start at the beginning. . . .
Az Inc. first appeared in Ultima Online Atlantic Shard, in the late 90's I forget the year I started. If anyone remembers UO b4 it became wusified, there was fulltime pvp your only safe haven was in towns, outside of town you were on your own, fodder, players would run in packs attacking each other & raiding the gatherers for crafting goods. In UO if you died your body could be looted. My friend turned me onto the game after it was out for a while so there were plenty of higher lvl players than me. I started as a Miner/Fighter I would spend hours diging ore & smelting it into ingits only to have 1 stronger player or a squad of them come by & strong-arm me for my stuff or just outright kill me & loot me body. I couldnt get ahead I was down to scrounging for shovels because I was Broke from getting killed every 2 hours. I needed money to get better equipment & supplies so i could defend myself, I wasnt up for begging so what I did was start Az Inc. (Azmedian Incorporated). I didnt beg for gold like hundreds of others. What i did was sell you a share of all my future profits after all if it wasnt for them I'd still be broke & getting killed left & right. Since they helped me in the begining they deserve to share in my success. so I gave them a share of my treasury. It was a small core of investers 8 In the begining. I forget the amounts but they each gave me at least a few thousand gold, & expected nothing in return. I wrote down there names & then from then on when ever i would see them i would give them an update on how I was & gave them a % of my gold based on how much they gave me. Thus when I started playing here & seen the crazy AH prices. I decided to start Az Inc. again the whole process has been modified to its preasent state & working well.
The months of Nov 09 - Jan 10, saw a 30-33% profit per month. This month is slow do to RL schedual. 3-5% profit this month.
Az Inc. has over 6.9 Million Gold in its Treasury & over 500,000 Shares sold to the public Both the price of stock & a list of Shareholders are in the Information Section of The Official Webpage.

Those interested Search : DDO, Thelanis, Az Inc. on Guildportal.com

Thank You for you time & interest.

Azmedian CEO, Az Inc.

So, I am trying to understand this.

Where does the dividends come from? Does it come out of your farming?

What percentage do you keep (I guess how many share do you have)?

How much do you put into your treasury?

Is there a finite amount of shares?

Do you just own whatever shares that are not sold?

Do you split your shares?

Do you have a board of directors saying where to farm? How does anyone know how much you farm?

Do you have to be part of your guild to take part of your entrepreneurial adventure?

I don't mean this as an attack. I'm just interested in what you're doing here. I think for the most part you just have muddled things here and have caused a skewed perception of what your intents are. You combined monetary gain and people fresh off the boat, historically that has never been a good thing. It seems to me both interests are genuine, I think people are just weary when people mix business with pleasure, though I'm a fan of both vices.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-25-2010, 11:43 PM
So, I am trying to understand this.

Where does the dividends come from? Does it come out of your farming?

What percentage do you keep (I guess how many share do you have)?

How much do you put into your treasury?

Is there a finite amount of shares?

Do you just own whatever shares that are not sold?

Do you split your shares?

Do you have a board of directors saying where to farm? How does anyone know how much you farm?

Do you have to be part of your guild to take part of your entrepreneurial adventure?

I don't mean this as an attack. I'm just interested in what you're doing here. I think for the most part you just have muddled things here and have caused a skewed perception of what your intents are. You combined monetary gain and people fresh off the boat, historically that has never been a good thing. It seems to me both interests are genuine, I think people are just weary when people mix business with pleasure, though I'm a fan of both vices.

When he first came out we asked him these questions and he got rather mad at us. It seemed to come down to he makes it up as he goes and like any good pyramid rip off his defense is "no one is complaining are they?" because everyone will be happy until the pyramid crashes.