PDA

View Full Version : Is there any benifit for staying on a path in character selection?

zrac123
01-20-2010, 03:48 AM
you know how in character creation there's paths and then custom? well i want to know if there's any bonuses for selecting a specific path instead of doing custom.

Visty
01-20-2010, 03:58 AM
the only bonus is that you dont have to care about hwo to build your char as it will be build for you

thats all

if you are familiar with the game, go customize

zrac123
01-20-2010, 04:44 AM
thanks^^ now my dad will stop asking me if theres any special bonuses^^

Anderei
01-20-2010, 05:01 AM
If you don't know what you are doing, famalirized yourself with D&D rules and character builds, STAY ON YOUR PATH!

KualaBangoDango
01-21-2010, 12:19 AM
If you don't know what you are doing, famalirized yourself with D&D rules and character builds, STAY ON YOUR PATH!Or you can also look through the new player customized build templates in the sticky at the top of these forums and stick with the template. My understanding is they're generally better than the computer controlled paths.

Uska
01-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Once you unlock 32pt builds you dont want to use those paths period since they are 28pt only. Just look at the builds here and you will be happier some of them show how to do it without counting on uber gear or tomes.

DoctorWhofan
01-21-2010, 12:21 AM
no. There isn't Better to make mistake and LEARN the game than to stay on the path.

voidholder
01-21-2010, 06:11 AM
no. There isn't Better to make mistake and LEARN the game than to stay on the path.

Is there any benefit in walking a bit extra to cross the road at the crosswalk?

zrac123
02-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Is there any benefit in walking a bit extra to cross the road at the crosswalk?

*nod*
just plan a little ahead... xP

LordMond
02-17-2010, 05:30 PM
The Paths are basically new player templates. It isn't so much that they are bad as it is that they are far from optimal.

Think of them as "off the shelf" computers. Basic and functional but probably without some of the bells and whistles you might want. Customized builds are just like customized computers- you get to decide what in particular you want in the construction so it best meets your needs.

Azmich
02-18-2010, 08:56 AM
The Paths are basically new player templates. It isn't so much that they are bad as it is that they are far from optimal.

Think of them as "off the shelf" computers. Basic and functional but probably without some of the bells and whistles you might want. Customized builds are just like customized computers- you get to decide what in particular you want in the construction so it best meets your needs.

That's a good way to describe it. :]

MrkGrismer
02-18-2010, 09:13 AM

And with just a little bit of research you can build it 'better then average' while if you dive in with no idea at all there is a fair chance you will make one that will need a tear-down and parts replacement. :D

Mithran
02-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I haven't even looked at the paths, but I'd be much surprised to learn that any top-end content is being run by anyone who has capped a Path.

Anderei
02-18-2010, 10:23 AM
I haven't even looked at the paths, but I'd be much surprised to learn that any top-end content is being run by anyone who has capped a Path.

Nor by players who pick at random feats, which sound most cool to them.