PDA

View Full Version : Price Check - Tinder

PyrosianFelicity
01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Here's a quick question for some of the more experienced players. My Sorcerer on Thelanis just hit level 8, and I've pretty much outgrown my Potency II item, so I've been looking for something new. I came across a quarterstaff called, I think it was "Tinder" in the Auction House? It had Greater Combustion V on it, with a constant +40% to all level 5 and lower Fire spells, I believe.

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough gold to buy it, and will be working up to that point for a little bit, and there was only one there so I can't tell if that was an accurate representation of what it sells for.

Can someone tell me how much I can expect to be paying for one of these?
Thanks!

Henrieta
01-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Tinder might sell for a bit more than an average potency 4 item as it now can be upgraded into a level 20 only Epic item.
Just look for a cheap scepter, dagger or club with greater or superior potency 4 (or combustion) and a fire lore item for the other hand.

PyrosianFelicity
01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Tinder might sell for a bit more than an average potency 4 item as it now can be upgraded into a level 20 only Epic item.
Just look for a cheap scepter, dagger or club with greater or superior potency 4 (or combustion) and a fire lore item for the other hand.

I've been checking the AH and Brokers once per log-on for a week or so, and haven't gotten lucky. :/ I was kinda hoping it might be easier to find a Tinder staff because it's a named item.

Hokiewa
01-19-2010, 05:08 PM
I've been checking the AH and Brokers once per log-on for a week or so, and haven't gotten lucky. :/ I was kinda hoping it might be easier to find a Tinder staff because it's a named item.

You really do not want to wield a two handed weapon as a caster, especially at this level. You want a potency item in one hand and a lore item/spell pen/if nothing else a spell point item in the other. This item is a "trap".

Lorz
01-19-2010, 05:10 PM
So dont pay the AH price.

Go out to the desert and farm this chest:

# Tinder - (Weapon) +1 Quarterstaff, Superior Combustion IV (Haraja the Firedancer's Chest)

Get one for free, plus XP and other loot.

PyrosianFelicity
01-19-2010, 05:33 PM
You really do not want to wield a two handed weapon as a caster, especially at this level. You want a potency item in one hand and a lore item/spell pen/if nothing else a spell point item in the other. This item is a "trap".

I'm currently using the Crimson Gem from Tangleroot as my SP item, for +100 from Wizardry 2. So it's about time for me to upgrade to a stronger Power item, or a Fire Lore item?

So dont pay the AH price.

Go out to the desert and farm this chest:

# Tinder - (Weapon) +1 Quarterstaff, Superior Combustion IV (Haraja the Firedancer's Chest)

Get one for free, plus XP and other loot.

I don't have the TP to buy The Demon Sands at the moment, plus I'm level 8, and the Adventure Pack Review lists it as being for levels 10-14 on Normal. I was kinda looking for an item that'd get some use in those levels.

Hokiewa
01-19-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm currently using the Crimson Gem from Tangleroot as my SP item, for +100 from Wizardry 2. So it's about time for me to upgrade to a stronger Power item, or a Fire Lore item?

I would advise a cheap fire lore scepter/club/dagger etc...then a spell pt item. Assuming you are using firewall now.

Your right, you should steer clear of the desert for a bit I wouldn't start soloing the explorers in the desert til you have Force of Personality(undead side) and PK (gnolls, just a personal prefrence)

Kaldais
01-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Superior Potency IV weapons will be l10 required, so your best luck is either level up quickly or try to find a Greater Potency IV weapon or Superior Combustion IV item.

DoctorWhofan
01-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Here, the majority of casters in this game have a potency in one hand and spell pen in the other, the highest they can get for their level. THese are easier to get from drops, and tend to be cheaper on the AH.

Yes, upgrade your trinket when you can. Or wait until Shrould and make your own.

Hokiewa
01-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Superior Potency IV weapons will be l10 required, so your best luck is either level up quickly or try to find a Greater Potency IV weapon or Superior Combustion IV item.

I believe this is incorrect, I have a sorc on Cannith with a +2 sup pot iv that's min level 10, no rr; a +1 sup pot iv should be min lvl 8

PyrosianFelicity
01-19-2010, 09:17 PM
So, assuming that I still don't find a Potency IV or Combustion IV item at the AH or Brokers, and I wanted to get a Tinder staff to use as a holdover until I DO find one, what would be a reasonable price to expect?

amnota
01-19-2010, 09:29 PM
What is the name of your Sorc on Thelanis? I can send you a cpl of scepters

PyrosianFelicity
01-19-2010, 10:45 PM
What is the name of your Sorc on Thelanis? I can send you a cpl of scepters

Cindercloud is the name, a Halfling Sorcerer.
Thanks, that's very generous of you!

Kaldais
01-20-2010, 09:22 AM
I believe this is incorrect, I have a sorc on Cannith with a +2 sup pot iv that's min level 10, no rr; a +1 sup pot iv should be min lvl 8

There is no +1 sup pot IV weapons. They only come in as +2 sup pot IV

Henrieta
01-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Check out the House Deneith Weapon vendor to find used potency daggers, scepters and clubs.