PDA

View Full Version : suggestions or maybe questions

gorgorothsixsixsix
01-19-2010, 03:31 PM
1. flurry of blows gives attack rating here. less chance to miss, basically... now i never play pnp but from other dnd based games i know flurry should give you an "extra attack per round", then you get greater flurry and stuff... i bring this up because after some more grinding i can buy monk class now but meh, there's no point taking 1 monk splash as in nwn here. so, why? i mean, that's like the GREATEST thing about monk. and one of the most popular xclassing ways, i reckon.

2. ranger tracking mode; activate and see mobs in minimap (mouse over them and read tooltip for what kind of monster) higher your survival skill, you track farmost mob.

2a. ranger empathy; the ability sucks already, no one really use it. i think casting time should be instant. i mean, it's not like i can use it more than 3 times anyway and it keep failing as most of the rangers doesnt go more than 12wis. so i (and most of the people i believe) think, meh, it's going to fail anyway, meh, casting time too long anyway, i better kill the bugger instead. you know what i mean?

3. clerics are nothing but healers in this game. like a priest from x asian mmo. NO! that so, so wrong. clerics supposed to be a lot more crazier than your usual priest. they are like fanatics, completely devoted to their deities and stuff. and that's because there's no domains.

4. as far as i can see there's only one way to build a rogue. str build. that's because hiding sucks. u hide, u sneak attack, u die. so everyone ups str and disable and search and... well, so, zero solo ability. three words; "hide in plainsight" this should be one of the prestige enchantments. only then playing a rogue would be "fun"... yeah, not much rogue around and you will find parties easily and no one really care if you deal damage or not maybe. but you know you suck without a party. and if you don't suck because you are basically a fighter with disable and search, not a rogue.

5. so no pvp in this game, okay. what about implementing evil alignments and then obstucting them to party with good ones? (they can still party with neutrals) imagine parties with a blackguard instead of a paladin.yet the problem is all the monsters to kill is almost all evil, right? well, that's not right as well. i mean, make it even. no one really uses chaotic weps, no ones "really" uses axiomatic weps... they all go for holy and whatever works for "evil"...

6. rogue and ranger; set trap. you wanna keep the mechanic prestige? you add this. at least for rogue. who want to asslick warforgeds and heal them as a rogue? not me.

7. druid; hate them. freaking overpowered. chain lightning and transformations and buffs and heals... never add them. or nerf them real good. no, don't nerf, just pass the druids...

8. cleave; normally cleave should be a free attack after a kill. so, if you care to make this more dnd like maybe you can speed up the attack speed (stacks with haste and stuff) of a character automatically if he has cleave and killed 1 mob just now (duration 2 or 3 sec)

9. bard; countersong.

1o. jump and hold and lift yourself up. what about jump and hold and move as you wish sideways and then lift yourself up?

11. sorcerer and wizard; summon familiar. (weasel: Master gains a +2 bonus on Reflex saves or rat for fortitude or toad for hitpoints) look familiar info here: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Sorcerer

Letrii
01-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Attacks per round is based on BAB, so raising it for FoB grants the extra attack. Not sure if we get our second extra attack though.

gorgorothsixsixsix
01-19-2010, 05:10 PM
opening character planner. human, monk and jumping to lvl twenty; bab: 15,15,2o,25,25

same thing with rogue, no skills, no ability increasements, jumping to 2o to see bab; 15,15,2o,25,25

am i missing something here?

Visty
01-19-2010, 05:18 PM
1 unarmed attacks faster then other styles anyway and rapid shot doesnt give an extra attack either, it just increases attackspeed, so its already in game

2 would be nice to have though we dont have the survival skill, so rather pointless
2a empathy is based on charisma not wisdom though the faster casting would be nice

3 clerics arent just healers, they can be great necromancers too. but i and many others agree: there should be domains

4 if you cant solo as rogue, build a proper one. and hips doesnt help in what you describe cause its already ingame and just removes 2 eyes while sneaking

5 no, aynthing improving pvp is bad to this game

6 ppl already dont wait till casters set up cc, why would they wait till someone set up a trap which will be inferior to said cc?

7 on druids i have no opinion, but they are coming...late 2007

8 yes, cleave sucks. but i doubt its as easy to code as you imagine

9 most likeley useless as it takes to long. and bards have a dispell song already

10 hu? side lifting? why not just turn so you face the edge?

11 and once your familiar dies, youll take an xp hit. if you want the advanteges you have to deal with the disadvantages too. and they will die...fast....often

gorgorothsixsixsix
01-20-2010, 01:12 AM
1. if you are taking 1 monk splash you are definitely going 2 use kamas not unarmed. are kamas faster too? i don't think so.

2. if they cant add survival, it could be based on spot, tracking.
2a. that's even worse. ranger does add some wis but no cha at all.

4. what is it that removes 2 eyes?

5. it wasn't a pvp suggestion. it was a way to add evil alignments (therefore evil new classes) into game.

6. trapping bosses or using it when soloing. i bet ppl will wait if the next thing the party going to face is a broccoli, for example.

7. drat! it's gonna be a druid galore, i tell you.

8. if kill=1 AND cleave=1 then goto buff. sounds easy to me.

10. no, say you jumped and hold the edge. but up, there's a boss waiting in aggro range. so instead of lifting urself where you jumped, you move your body still holding the edge following the edge to the far side. like tomb raider or prince of persia does. hold the edge, carry your body with your arms.

11. give exp penalty to only the user of familiar so they can choose whether they want to use it or not. besides familiars can be unsummoned if you think the situation is too dangerous and you will probably die.

Visty
01-20-2010, 03:53 AM
1. if you are taking 1 monk splash you are definitely going 2 use kamas not unarmed. are kamas faster too? i don't think so.
noone is splashing 1 lvl of monk to use kamas, sorry. if you just splash 1 lvl then you are most likeley using kopseshs

2. if they cant add survival, it could be based on spot, tracking.
2a. that's even worse. ranger does add some wis but no cha at all.

4. what is it that removes 2 eyes?
when you are in sneak mode, you have 1-4 eyes depening on how easy you can be seen. hips removes 2 of them

5. it wasn't a pvp suggestion. it was a way to add evil alignments (therefore evil new classes) into game.

6. trapping bosses or using it when soloing. i bet ppl will wait if the next thing the party going to face is a broccoli, for example.
doubt it

7. drat! it's gonna be a druid galore, i tell you.

8. if kill=1 AND cleave=1 then goto buff. sounds easy to me.
alot of things seem easy, like fixing some easy bugs but still they are around for 4 years now

10. no, say you jumped and hold the edge. but up, there's a boss waiting in aggro range. so instead of lifting urself where you jumped, you move your body still holding the edge following the edge to the far side. like tomb raider or prince of persia does. hold the edge, carry your body with your arms.
ah ok, got that wrong then. sounds interesting though atm i cant remeember any place where it would be needed

11. give exp penalty to only the user of familiar so they can choose whether they want to use it or not. besides familiars can be unsummoned if you think the situation is too dangerous and you will probably die.
in red

gorgorothsixsixsix
01-20-2010, 06:50 AM
1. of course no one splashes 1 monk level to use kamas because it doesn't give you an extra attack, that's what i was complaining. originally though, i mean in other dnd games i have played, if you take 1 monk lvl u can use flurry of blows with kamas and quarterstaves. and i was saying that's the greatest thing about monks... that's why melee classes take 1 monk lvl since they dont have much wis to take advantage of ac bonus anyway.

"While centered (unarmored, unencumbered, and wielding monk weapons), you get an increase to your attack bonus, and more of your attacks will successfully strike your opponent as a result."

see any word like extra or faster or something? no. it's just not flurry of blows. something like precision rather.

when you are in sneak mode, you have 1-4 eyes depening on how easy you can be seen. hips removes 2 of them

and what class has hips? i re-checked rogue and ranger and i'm definitely sure none has hips. do you get it from an item or something? if that's the case, what lvl is that item?

doubt it

doubt what? it will sure work while soloing. and people, everything doubtful when it comes to that. they will not wait so maybe devs should remove all the spells and buffs and whatever from game as well.

alot of things seem easy, like fixing some easy bugs but still they are around for 4 years now

i don't know about bugs, what i suggested only depends on 2 ifs, 1 and and 1 then.

ah ok, got that wrong then. sounds interesting though atm i cant remeember any place where it would be needed.

that would really add a lot to game. there would be a str check each 5 second too and if you roll low you might drop to lava or something. haha.

Visty
01-20-2010, 06:59 AM
rangers get hips at lvl17

and even if kamas would attack faster, still noone would use them cause other weapons are superior

gorgorothsixsixsix
01-20-2010, 07:20 AM
rangers get hips at lvl17

and even if kamas would attack faster, still noone would use them cause other weapons are superior

1. ah, stupid character planner doesnt show that. guess it's implemented quite recently, hip for ranger.
2. quarterstaves for rogue acrobat and kamas for other rogues. to be honest, only rogues or maybe some rangers would take 1 monk splash for flurry anyway, not fighters or barbarians in bulking armors.