PDA

View Full Version : Most-Wanted New Races?

Wren666
01-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Just a little poll sort of thing:

List 3 new races you would most like to play in DDO, and this OP will be kept updated to reflect the number of votes for each.

Archons? - 01
Angels? - 01
Aasimar - 11
Beholders? - 01
Changelings - 03
Duergar (Dark Dwarves) - 02
Draconians? - 01
Dragonborn - 07
Elan? - 02
Genasi - 02
Githyanki - 03
Githzerai - 03
Gnomes - 23
Goliath? - 01
Half-Dragon? - 04
Half-Elf - 09
Half-Giant? - 01
Half-Minotaur? - 01
Half-Orcs - 26 ★ Huge ugly brutes seem to be the popular choice so far, followed by little Gnomes and hell-spawn!
Hobgoblins? - 02
Illithid? (Mind-Flayers) - 02
Incubi/Succubi? - 02
Kalashtar - 13
Kenku? - 01
Kobold? - 04
Lich? - 01
Miniature Giant Space Hamster - 01
Minotaur? - 02
Mongrelfolk? - 01
Mul? - 01
Psiforged? - 01
Rakshasa, Nashtarune? - 02
Self-Forged? - 01
Shaddar-Kai? - 01
Shadovar? - 01
Shifters - 11
Svirfnebli (Deep Gnomes) - 01
Tieflings - 25
Thri-kreen - 02
Vampire? - 01
Warforged Scout - 08
Wood Elf - 01
Yuan-ti? - 01

You are not limited to the races already on this list, but preferably, the races you vote for should not have been officially-excluded from the Eberron Setting. Edits may not be counted, and multi-votes (i.e. Aasimar/Tiefling together) may be ignored (or combined.) When quoting someone else's votes, please explicitly state your own 3 votes as well. You may choose less than 3 if you like, but no more.

Maybe even include a little draft of their statistics and the special abilities and Enhancements that you think they should have, adapted for DDO.

(Mistral allowed 4 votes since they haven't replied)

My vote's for Tieflings, Githyanki and Githzerai.

I feel Tieflings should make excellent Rogues, with high Dexterity and maybe some Charisma penalties (unless it works backward in Eberron like with the Drow.) The Gith, Fighters and Monks, with Githyanki giving the Warforged a run for their copper and the Githzerai hopefully making some of the best Monks in the game.

As far as Turbine is concerned, I believe that new Races would be easier to implement and balance (as it were) than new Classes. Not sure if they would be easier to sell, though - maybe as some new rewards for even more Favor?

Related Threads:
Tell The Team: Races (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=182585)
Dragonborn...Please Discuss (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=203111)

Hellmoob
01-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Aasimar, Tiefling, Gnome.

Halo_572
01-19-2010, 08:30 AM
The Wacky ones would be good. I always did like Dastardly and Muttley.

Mistral
01-19-2010, 08:32 AM

Hmm some else who played Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2.

Would be very cool to see this in DDO.

Mistral
01-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Just a little poll sort of thing.
List 3 new races you would most like to play in DDO, and this OP will be kept updated to reflect the number of votes for each.

Aasimar - 01
Githyanki - 01
Githzerai - 01
Gnomes - 01
Half-orcs
Tieflings - 02

Maybe even include a little draft of their statistics and the special abilities and Enhancements that you think they should have, adapted for DDO.

I feel Tieflings should make excellent Rogues, with high Dexterity and maybe some Charisma penalties.
The Gith, Fighters and Monks.

Oh yes don't forget about the Half -Orcs

Wren666
01-19-2010, 08:39 AM
The Wacky ones would be good. I always did like Dastardly and Muttley.heh I hated that Mutt.

Mistral, can you explicitly list out your 3 most-favorites please? ^^

HBene
01-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Gnomes, DDO needs more little people!

Uska
01-19-2010, 08:48 AM
1. Half-orc

2. shifter

3. kalasnatar(spelling)

RhapsodieInBlue
01-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Genasi
Shifters (Or are they called changelings in eberron?)
Half Orc - Because everyone knows a Favored Soul of Khyber would own your face with dual heavy picks.

Original
01-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Do you mean player races in DDO Eberron or just DDO in general?

Eberron
- Shifter
- Kalashtar
- Half-Orc(of course)

General
- Half-Orc
- Gnome
- Whatever

Anderei
01-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Half-Orcs, Eladrin,

Generally I'm not too found for a lot of new races, as it just complicated builds, in DnD races are fun for roleplaying. But who does this in DDO anyway?

Wren666
01-19-2010, 08:57 AM
...2. shifter

3. kalasnatar(spelling)Added but, what're those and where're they from? & what do they do ^^

Ah the psionic Kalashtar, reading up on em..

RhapsodieInBlue
01-19-2010, 09:00 AM
both shifters and kalashtar are from Eberron.

Don't own the Races of Eberron book or I'd type out every little detail for you.

Spell
01-19-2010, 09:04 AM
counting myself and others have been BEGGING & PLEADING since DDO's release for half-elf, Half-orc & gnomes.
we were told a new race was coming back in 2009. needless to say, I've given up on the game until they add at least 2 more (core) races.

Personally, After a couple of years, I don't think Turbine even listens/reads these things or really cares what players want.

Gercho
01-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Not sure if they are Eberron races:

Half-Dragon
Tiefling
Half-Orc

Is not one of my favourites but is odd that we dont Half-elves.

Robi3.0
01-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Generally I'm not too found for a lot of new races, as it just complicated builds, in DnD races are fun for roleplaying. But who does this in DDO anyway?

Hmm, lots of people roleplay in DDO. And races aren't just for roleplayers not everyone one wants to play a min/max dwarven ranger or WF fighter/ranger/monk splash.

Anyways my votes are.

Tielflings. Cause demon chicks are hawt.

Changelings. Cause one of my favorite PnP characters was a changeling and they rock.

Half-elf. Mark of storm FTW!

Wren666
01-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Tielflings. Cause demon chicks are hawt.+1. You sir are a "tail guy" after my own heart, and your Favor/TP guides helped me a lot.

Please keep this topic up and going, let's see if any race reaches 100!

EyeHunter
01-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Half-dragon is a poor choice in Eberron. The only one to ever exist caused every dragon in the world to come burn her family. (She survived, imagine all the XP!)

Shifter and changelings are two different races. They're both awesome

my votes:
Half-Orc
Dark Dwarves
shifter

Original
01-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Just a little poll sort of thing:

Aasimar - 01
Changelings? - 01 (need to confirm merge with Shifers)
Genasi - 01
Githyanki - 01
Githzerai - 01
Gnomes - 03
Half-Dragon? - 01 (or are they called Dragonborn)
Half-Elf - 02
Half-Orcs - 05
Kalashtar - 02
Shifters? - 03 (need to confirm merge with Changelings)
Tieflings - 04

Preferably, the races should not have been officially-excluded from the Eberron setting. When quoting someone else's votes, please explicitly state your own 3 votes as well. You can choose less than 3 if you like, but no more.

I feel Tieflings should make excellent Rogues, with high Dexterity and maybe some Charisma penalties.
The Gith, Fighters and Monks, with the Githzerai hopefully making some of the best Monks in the game.

As far as Turbine is concerned, I believe that new Races would be easier to implement and balance (as it were) than new Classes. Not sure if they would be easier to sell, though - maybe as some new rewards for even more Favor?

Changelings and Shifters are 2 different races... I am at work, but I have the Eberron books at home.
Changelngs - no explaination needed
Shifters - can take the form of there beast for brief amount of time. Not the form so much... but stuff like claw attacks, and +2/+2con etc. Havent PNP'd since 2004/5 so cant remember much.

Aesop
01-19-2010, 09:48 AM

yeah I'll go with these three... sounds good to me

:)

Aesop

for a 4th fifth and sixth though... Shifter, Half Elf, and half orc ... in that orer

Grimmsie
01-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Looking at the races avaialble I'd say:

Changeling

Kalashtar

Aasimar

Wren666
01-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Looking at the races avaialble...oh no you're not limited to that list, it's just what people have already voted for at least once so far.

ArichValtrahn
01-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Gnome, Half-Elf and Half-Orc seem like they should have been in the game from the get-go. Kind of odd having those omitted.

Gum
01-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Dragon Born

Half Orc

Kalashtar

Hellllboy
01-19-2010, 10:04 AM
#1) Gnomes
#2) Half Orcs
#3) Dragonborn

Spell
01-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Gnome, Half-Elf and Half-Orc seem like they should have been in the game from the get-go. Kind of odd having those omitted.

almost 4yrs and still waiting for them. GRRRRRRRRR

Temet
01-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Half-Minotaur (yeah, yeah overpowered as hell but there it is), Elan (would need Psionics implemented first though), Tiefling.

RugRodent
01-19-2010, 10:12 AM
1. Aasimar
2. Tiefling
3. Gnome

Aurochys
01-19-2010, 10:18 AM
1. Half-Orc
2. Shifter
2. Gnome

I want my Half-Orc Barbarian, Shifter Ranger & Gnome Assassin!

Almerel
01-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Archon
Angels
Incubus/Succubus

I love the... Damn cant remember the name of that book. The ones with the monster templates. That means I need to pnp again if I can't remember that book.

Stealthdog
01-19-2010, 10:22 AM
1 - Half-orc
2 - Gnome
3 - Half-elf

salmag
01-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Gnome
Kalashtar
Half-Orc

wiglin
01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Warforged Scout
Warforged Scout
Warforged Scout

Hokiewa
01-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Kalashtar, though I'm not in favor of ANY new races/classes until all prestige enhancements are released for all existing classes. This has been the #1 fail in my book, sorry for the derail...lol....

Grimmsie
01-19-2010, 11:19 AM
oh no you're not limited to that list, it's just what people have already voted for at least once so far.

ahh sry, the list I meant was the one I've found in Eberron Wikia. :)

hanleybrand
01-19-2010, 02:55 PM
As an old school (began playing in 1978) D&D player & as someone trying to see the big picture , I would go gnome & half orc for getting the "base" species accounted for. I think the next would be Aasimar/Tiefling - I think you have to do them both at the same time though.

I like changelings and all, but they might be too nuanced for a mmorpg ... maybe not.

But I'm with the original poster as far as the Githyanki. That would be awesome, they are #1 my favorite entry in the AD&D Fiend Folio.

Summary:

1) Gnomes
2) Half-orc
3) Aasimar/Tiefling

Symar-FangofLloth
01-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Kalashtar, though I'm not in favor of ANY new races/classes until all prestige enhancements are released for all existing classes. This has been the #1 fail in my book, sorry for the derail...lol....
I agree. That said...

My votes are for
Half-orcs (House Tharashk and the druids),
Kalashtar (with all the recent quori/Inspired goings on, they'd fit great... I'd love to have Psions and Psychic Warriors to go with them, though),
and Shifters (my personal favorite Eberron race, and shifting should be able to be implemented as a racial rage... the issue is natural weapons).

Half-elves are cool, too, but if I'm only picking three, they get cut as being not distinct enough for an initial draw. And I don't like gnomes.

The Half-dragon/Dragonborn question you seem to have in the OP, well.
Half-dragons are an abomination in Eberron, and would be killed by the dragons of Argonessen as soon as they found out about one.
Dragonborn are a different creature, and although the dragons might not like them, I believe the dragonborn are from Argonessen/Seren.
Those races may have been merged as far as 4e is concerned, but we're still in 3.5 more or less, so the question is moot. Though I do believe that dragonborn were initially written up to give players a no-LA half-dragon -ish option.

bobbryan2
01-19-2010, 03:21 PM
warforged scout
aasimar/tiefling
kobold

Wren666
01-19-2010, 03:43 PM
I think the next would be Aasimar/Tiefling - I think you have to do them both at the same time though.Why both? Won't they have different traits? That is, unless you implement a system of Sub-Races and lump those two together under "Planetouched."

The Half-dragon/Dragonborn question you seem to have in the OP, well.
Half-dragons are an abomination in Eberron, and would be killed by the dragons of Argonessen as soon as they found out about one.
Dragonborn are a different creature, and although the dragons might not like them, I believe the dragonborn are from Argonessen/Seren.
Those races may have been merged as far as 4e is concerned, but we're still in 3.5 more or less, so the question is moot. Though I do believe that dragonborn were initially written up to give players a no-LA half-dragon -ish option.Are Dragonborn "officially" in Eberron though?

Uska
01-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Not sure if they are Eberron races:

Half-Dragon
Tiefling
Half-Orc

Is not one of my favourites but is odd that we dont Half-elves.

basicly most any race is eberron but I would pefer never to see the first two and would love the theird.

Tollaris
01-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Warforged Scout
Tieflings (but done better than throwing horns on a human model)
Shifters

die
01-19-2010, 03:58 PM
I would be happy if i could just become a lich and not that **** thier coming out with i mean a real lich with the undead template.. ofcourse make it tough too get .. maybe 20lv epic and u would have too build your Phylactery

Schwarzie
01-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Tiefling (Human Hybrids with Evil outsiders, above average intelligence and Charisma, but not as squishy as Drow)
Nashtarune Rakshasa (Assassin Melee Rashasa, while most other Rashasa are more or less spellcaster, some pretty nice special abilitys)
Mindflayer (Nom Nom Nom, tasty brain :P)

Symar-FangofLloth
01-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Are Dragonborn "officially" in Eberron though?

Yes. First, because Eberron claims "everything has a place, somewhere" if it's from D&D.
Secondly, because Dragonborn are a core race in 4e, so they have an official write-up.

Although, I always think of the 4e Dragonborn backstory, and not the 3.5 (other races hatched into dragonborn to serve Bahamut). The 3.5 backstory doesn't work so hot in Eberron. I've seen an interpretation that fits, though I don't recall where it's from.

4e Eberron Player's Guide says that Dragonborn originated in Argonessen, clans of them fighting each other over Draconic Prophecy interpretations and/or because the dragons (whom they honor as emissaries of the gods) pitted them against each other. Some traveled to Khorvaire long ago and set up an empire in Q'barra, though it fell very quickly.
So player Dragonborn would either be tribal, from Seren/Argonessen, or descendants of the imperial dragonborn, making their living on Khorvaire.

Letrii
01-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Dragonborn, Githzerai, Thri-kreen

Btw, dragonborn and half-dragon have nothing to do with each other.

Krag
01-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Tiefling
Shaddar-Kai
Genasi

stricq
01-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Half-Elf
Succubi
Tiefling

Wren666
01-19-2010, 05:45 PM
...Thri-kreenYou win a internet. +1

sirgog
01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
1) Aasimar
2) ½ orc
3) ½ dragon (this would clearly need some serious drawbacks - perhaps a lower level cap of 18 - as it's a pretty overpowered race)

Hokiewa
01-19-2010, 06:12 PM
You win a internet. +1

Indeed.....Dark Sun anyone? Lol, why can't I have a quad wielding tempest thri-keen....:D

Minor_Threat
01-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Gnomes
Half-Orcs
Warforged Scout

Ghoste
01-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Changelings and Shifters are 2 different races... I am at work, but I have the Eberron books at home.
Changelngs - no explaination needed
Shifters - can take the form of there beast for brief amount of time. Not the form so much... but stuff like claw attacks, and +2/+2con etc. Havent PNP'd since 2004/5 so cant remember much.
Just expanding a little on your explanations.

Shifters - descended from, and possessing many traits of lycanthropes.
Changelings - descended from dopplegangers and humans.

And my votes:
1) warforged scout.
2) warforged scout.
3) warforged scout.

Talon_Moonshadow
01-19-2010, 06:17 PM
That would be the three core races that shouldv'e been in the game from day one:

Half Elves
Half Orcs
Gnomes.

After that than we can talk.

But they can give me the races right after they give me Druids.

Warhulk
01-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Gnome
Kenku
Minotaur

redraider
01-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Gnomes, The snake people Name escapes me), Githyanki

Wren666
01-19-2010, 06:38 PM
The snake people Name escapes meYuan-ti?

EyeHunter
01-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Dragonborn, Githzerai, Thri-kreen

Btw, dragonborn and half-dragon have nothing to do with each other.

True, but look at the race page in the 4.0 handbook and compare it to
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:KlrbWcmJd-lOYM%3Ahttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/Zapmaster/half-dragon.jpg

The half-dragon paragon class picture. The only difference in image is that half-dragons are 2 feet (.64 m) taller.

I see a lot of half-elves out there. I love the Story of that race, but I want better stats if they bring them over. +2 diplomacy just won't cut it online.

Also, thri-kreen and half-dragons would be overpowered as starting races, but the way drow work clearly shows that DDO doesn't care.

Ericnox
01-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Half Orc/Orc - Either one would be nice...
Hobgoblins - Powerful buggers for a +1 LA
Half-Elf - They are fun to play every now and then.

Symar-FangofLloth
01-19-2010, 07:44 PM
, but the way drow work clearly shows that DDO doesn't care.

Drow are missing, or have reduced, half their abilities, in addition to missing 32-pt buy.
So we could conceivably see any Level ADjusted race, in a weakened form.

SneakThief
01-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Warforged Scout
Tieflings (but done better than throwing horns on a human model)
Shifters

Exactly what he siad...

Warforged Scout
Tieflings
Shifters - think half (or less) lycanthrope, with abilities very much like barbarian rage but instead of getting really mad they take on animal traits boosting different stats depending on the animal choosen.

Warhulk
01-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Drow are missing, or have reduced, half their abilities, in addition to missing 32-pt buy.
So we could conceivably see any Level ADjusted race, in a weakened form.

I remember reading in either the monster manual or the drow handbook that a drow player character loses his spell-like abilities because he is away from the magical auras that surround his home. I have to look but I think the drow of eberron are different than the ones in the monster manual. Time to break out the books when I get home.

Letrii
01-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Indeed.....Dark Sun anyone? Lol, why can't I have a quad wielding tempest thri-keen....:D

Imagine an epic Thri-kreen Monk with Perfect Multiweapon Fighting. Around 20 or so attacks per round, depending on how DM rules Flurry of Blows interacts with multifighting.

Alyiakal
01-19-2010, 09:54 PM

Would totally shell out cash for these three races (although come on, Gnome is a player race in 3.5).

Letrii
01-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Would totally shell out cash for these three races (although come on, Gnome is a player race in 3.5).

Monk is a core class, and we had to pay for it. Warforged is a core race for Eberron and again we had to pay for it.

Failedlegend
01-19-2010, 10:39 PM
There's already a topic like this posted by a dev (Tolero - http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=182585) the current tally is (excluding slimes,beholders,broccoli,sharks,smurfs,etc.)

Half-Orc - 83
Gnomes - 80
Tieflings - 60
Shifters - 56
Aasimar - 53
Changeling - 49
Kalashtar - 40
Kobold - 40
Half-Elf - 38
Dragonborne - 34
Goblin - 19
Thri-Keen - 14
Catfolk/Taurs - 12
Genasi - 11
Minotaur - 9
WF Scout - 9
Goliath - 8
Half-Ogre - 6
Half-Giant - 6
Kenku - 5
Lizard Men - 4
Dueregar - 4
Succubus - 3
Hobgoblin - 3
WF Charger - 3
YuanTi - 3
Modron - 2
Centaurs - 2
Githzerai - 3
Hobgoblin - 2
Psiforged - 2
Gully Dwarves - 2
Pixie - 2
Derini - 1
Sendasti - 1
Risen Demon - 1
Crucian - 1
Sprite - 1
Tann'ari - 1
Tsa - 1
Spiritfolk - 1
Etttin - 1
Illuman - 1
Shadowsyft - 1
Ratfolk - 1
Daelkyr - 1
Dromite - 1
Ghaeles - 1
Damphyr - 1
Eladrin - 1
Talentia Halflings - 1
Dryad -1
Fae - 1
Treant - 1
Halflings - 1
Elves - 1
Drudge - 1
Valley Dwarf - 1
Human - 1
Illithid - 1
Spriggan Gnomes - 1
Darfellan - 1
Githyenki - 1

Uska
01-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Monk is a core class, and we had to pay for it. Warforged is a core race for Eberron and again we had to pay for it.

Only f2p had to pay VIP's got both for free(f2p should have as well though)

Mindspat
01-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Donkey
Rabbit
Talking Rat

Letrii
01-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Only f2p had to pay VIP's got both for free(f2p should have as well though)

Premium had to buy them too.

Trillea
01-20-2010, 04:45 AM
Thri-Kreen
Half-Giant
Mul

Wait, this isnt Darksun?? :eek:

D-molisher
01-20-2010, 04:58 AM
Hmm
Gnome.

Wren666
01-20-2010, 05:17 AM
There's already a topic like this posted by a dev (Tolero - http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=182585) the current tally is (excluding slimes,beholders,broccoli,sharks,smurfs,etc.) ...hmm did you count those all? :eek: couldn't see a tally in the first few and last pages..

Nerthus
01-20-2010, 05:21 AM
Shifter
Changeling
Kalashtar

Edit: voted on Tolero's thread too.

Razic-Thule
01-20-2010, 05:23 AM
Dueregar - Would be nice to have an evil Dwarf.
Minotaur - What could be funner then a raging Barb Minotaur charging something
Wood elf - Could be a really nice addition if and when Druids come out.

AshtonVonGrace
01-20-2010, 06:41 AM
half dragon O_o!

gorgorothsixsixsix
01-20-2010, 07:06 AM
deep gnomes;

Also called deep gnomes, svirfneblin are said to dwell in great cities deep underground.

A svirfneblin has wiry, rock-colored skin usually medium brown to brownish gray. Only males are bald; females have stringy gray hair. The average svirfneblin lifespan is 250 years.

* +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, –2 Strength, –4 Charisma.
* Humanoid (Gnome)
* Small: As a Small creature, a svirfneblin gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
* Svirfneblin base land speed is 20 feet.
* Stonecunning: This ability grants deep gnomes a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework. A deep gnome who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as though actively searching, and can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A svirfneblin can also intuit depth, sensing the approximate distance underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
* Darkvision out to 120 feet.
* Low-Light Vision: A svirfneblin can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
* Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels.
* Weapon Familiarity: Svirfneblin may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
* Nondetection (Su): A svirfneblin has a continuous nondetection ability as the spell (caster level equal to class levels).
* +2 racial bonus on all saving throws.
* Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by svirfneblin. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
* +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids.
* +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against all creatures. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
* +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
* +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks.
* +2 racial bonus on Hide checks, which improves to +4 underground.
* Automatic Languages: Undercommon, Gnome, Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Terran.
* Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—blindness/deafness, blur, disguise self. Caster level equals the svirfneblin’s class levels. The save DC is Charisma-based and include a +4 racial modifier.
* Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass svirfneblin’s rogue class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
* Level Adjustment: +3

KKDragonLord
01-20-2010, 07:13 AM
The ones that should be already here in the 1st place.

Half-Orc
Half-Elf
Gnome
------------------------------
Kalashtar
Changeling
Shifter

Make a poll for classes too.
that way i can vote for
Druid
Artificer
Psy Warrior
Psion

Talon_Moonshadow
01-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Miniature Giant Space Hamster! :D

Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!

marcosoneghett
01-20-2010, 07:21 AM
1- Gnome;
2 - Kalashtar;
3 - Half Orc.

Arkat
01-20-2010, 07:42 AM
1. Goliaths (v3.5 +4 Str, +2 Con, -2 Dex)(v4.0 +2 Str, +2 Con)
2. Aasimar
3. Tiefling

Failedlegend
01-20-2010, 10:52 AM
hmm did you count those all? :eek: couldn't see a tally in the first few and last pages..

Yes I was bored and went through every page and counted thats why the votes are so high (83,80,etc.) currently its only one post behind

Note: I haven't counted the votes in this thread

Duskslayer
01-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Draconians: Several types: Baaz were created from brass dragon eggs, Bozaks from bronze, Kapaks from copper, Sivaks from silver, and Auraks from gold. They all have individual characteristics.

Tryden
01-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Half-Dragon, Dragonborn, Half-Orc

Uska
01-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Premium had to buy them too.

I usually lump them in with the f2p as they arent really different enough to say otherwise they have the same access to content and classes just a couple more slots and more forum freedom plus the plat and tell thing

Wren666
01-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Draconians: Several types: Baaz were created from brass dragon eggs, Bozaks from bronze, Kapaks from copper, Sivaks from silver, and Auraks from gold. They all have individual characteristics.yeah.. remember em from an old Dragonlance/Krynn game from the SSI Gold Box series ^^

Faelyndel
01-20-2010, 08:48 PM
1. Aasimar. For RP/flavour purposes, would be really fun to play. Also would make amazing Favoured Souls (or Paladins, I suppose)
2. Tieflings. Again flavour reasons, but also there are already tiefling, shall we say, "models" in games already as enemies so the programming shouldn't be quite as hard.
3. Kalashtar. A core Eberron race, would be interesting. However, would basically require Turbine to implement a Psionic system, so I doubt we'll be seeing them all that soon.

Honorable mentions include Gnomes, Half-Elf, Half-Orc and Genasi.

To be completely honest, I'd be happy to see just about any race added. New content is always good.

Steampunkie
01-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Half Orcs, Half Elves, and Shifters!

=-3
-Rachel-

Wren666
01-21-2010, 06:46 AM
1. Aasimar. For RP/flavour purposes, would be really fun to play. Also would make amazing Favoured Souls (or Paladins, I suppose)
2. Tieflings. Again flavour reasons, but also there are already tiefling, shall we say, "models" in games already as enemies so the programming shouldn't be quite as hard.Why just RP/flavor purposes? If "done right," the Aasimar should be like Favored Souls on crack! and the Tieflings could account for some of the best Rogue builds, although they'd need some tails or little wings on their models.

Grayvin
01-21-2010, 07:14 AM
I'm going to have go with the Shadovar race inhabitants of Thultanthar, the Shade enclave.

so my official vote is:

1)Shadovar
2)Shadovar
3)Shadovar

Reverand
01-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Half-orcs
Tieflings

Kruler
01-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Vampire
Raksasha
Teifling

starside
01-22-2010, 10:43 AM
1. Shifters
2. Tieflings
3. Dragonborn

Deriaz
01-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Warforged Scout
Dragonborn
Kobold

Those would be my three. Bit tough, as Minotaur and Shifter and the like are interesting as well, but. . . I love these three races most.

Faelyndel
01-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Vampire
Only if names such as "Edward" or "Bella" are prohibited... Not going to let Twi-hards take over the virtual world too. :D

Symar-FangofLloth
01-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Only if names such as "Edward" or "Bella" are prohibited... Not going to let Twi-hards take over the virtual world too. :D

Nahh, just make sure all the vampires look like
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/19624.jpg
And I think they'll be sufficiently turned off.
:D

Ellyll
01-23-2010, 10:56 PM
I want my mean, cantankerous, backstabbing gnome.

EDIT: Unless of course we can make Gary Busey a race. If so it would be that.

Nyvn
01-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Half-Orcs
Aasimar
Tieflings

Ignis_solis
01-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Mongrelfolk, Kalashtar, Elan

curiousgis
01-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Tieflings, Mindflayers and though not on the list Beholders.

Noctus
01-26-2010, 03:52 AM
1st: Tiefling

2nd: Half-Orc

3rd: Hobgoblin

Nailog
01-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Dragonborn - I'd hope they'd keep the breath weapon in, and turn flight into a jump bonus or leap-of-faith clicky ability.

Tieflings - The planes are everywhere in this game. Time to let players get a little demon in their blood.

Kobolds - Another pervasive race in Stormreach society. We have kobold trainers, why no kobold players?

solraven
01-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Psiforged, Self-Forged, Kalashtar.

tininuke
02-05-2010, 01:27 AM
I miss gnomes, DDO Devs have them locked up in DDO jail I tell you! LET OUR PEOPLE GO! you gnome oppressors! though they be small, they are fierce (especially with finger wagglin spells :) gnomes! GNOME POWAH!

tininuke
02-05-2010, 01:30 AM
GNOME POWAH! go gnomes! let our people go you gnome oppressors! G.I.Gnome... a real DDO hero.

Bacab
02-05-2010, 01:34 AM
Kobold, Gith (either is fine), Gnome

Greydeath
02-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Kalashtar (because sometimes it really does take a Kalashtar… also Psionics!)
Half-Orcs & Half-Elves (because we have been promised them for 2007 and framkly most of the work is already done…)
Warforged Scouts (because as above much of the work already exists and for another race to use all those WF items)

Llywela
02-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Half-elves. <3

Tieflings would be fun too.

Vampire

That sounds potentially fun and aggravating at the same time. Done well, it could probably be a lot of fun... but I would be worried the game would become flooded with them, even if you had to buy them.

Caervas
02-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Definetly Aasimar and Tiefling; both added at the same time would be a preferable though. -With all the interplanar and demonic encounters in Xendric, it'd be hard to avoid. I really dont know about any good outsiders in eberron though (Celestials).

...And Gnomes, -just dont make them look like lollipop-licking little brats. I like my gnomes grimey and sarcastic.

We should definetly have a thread like this for most wanted classes. Probably exists several already though. Too lazy to search.

-C

KKDragonLord
02-10-2010, 12:25 AM
We should definetly have a thread like this for most wanted classes. Probably exists several already though. Too lazy to search.

-C

How about sticking to the Core classes and Races at first?
you know, the basic stuff the game should have from the very beginning...

Gnomes
half-elves
half-orcs
kalashtar
shifters
changelings

Druids
Artificers
Psions
Psy Warriors
Wilder
Soulknife

Whats the point of doing Eberron without all these? Why not a greyhawk setting, or a limited Forgotten Realms perhaps.

Then maybe they could even add the Cleric domains to give them more depth, decent animal companions, and give pallys a feat or two to make up for the loss of the warhorse. Revamping and expanding the whole spell system too, DDO arcanes are a lousy shadow of their PnP counter parts, etc...

Not to mention the Terrible lack of Monsters, generic ones or Setting specific... This is not D&D, its more like a 1/10th of a true D&D game...

Thats the stuff i'd like to see before we start putting sourcebook elements into the picture.

Caervas
02-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Thats the stuff i'd like to see before we start putting sourcebook elements into the picture.

Well, I have to say I agree wholeheartedly. That the Favoured Soul was added before the Druid seems backwards to me, especially in the context of eberron; druidic orders (like the ones among the orcs) are prominent in the setting. Not to mention that the divine entities in the setting seem to operate on a much more pantheistic basis, rather than to manifest in conscious beings (as opposed to clerics who just receive the powers)(also not counting the undying court).
It was painfully apparent that we would gain from having another divine caster class, the only reason I can imagine to choose the favoured soul is because its easier.

There are certainly challenges concering adding stuff like artificers and changelings tho, alot of coding I imagine.

oh, and DDO: Forgotten Realms would be fantastic, they should open the fundamental coding, and let their community have a go at creating it! ;-)

Tarrell
02-11-2010, 02:53 AM
yeah I'll go with these three... sounds good to me

:)

Aesop

for a 4th fifth and sixth though... Shifter, Half Elf, and half orc ... in that orer

Half-Elf, Gnome and Draconian [Dragonlance is greater than Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Eberron, Dark Sun, your mum and your little dog too, combined;)]

Eberron is the most boring and lacklustre of all DnD worlds.

Kavassa
02-17-2010, 02:03 AM
dryad
Tiefling
Aasimar
Chaond
Zenythr
Gnome
Half-Orc
Asherati
Giff

to name a few however id much like to see the outsider races the most. that being the main 4 Tiefling, Aasimar, Chaond, and Zenythr

Uska
02-17-2010, 02:46 AM
How about sticking to the Core classes and Races at first?
you know, the basic stuff the game should have from the very beginning...

Gnomes
half-elves
half-orcs
kalashtar
shifters
changelings

Druids
Artificers
Psions
Psy Warriors
Wilder
Soulknife

Whats the point of doing Eberron without all these? Why not a greyhawk setting, or a limited Forgotten Realms perhaps.

Then maybe they could even add the Cleric domains to give them more depth, decent animal companions, and give pallys a feat or two to make up for the loss of the warhorse. Revamping and expanding the whole spell system too, DDO arcanes are a lousy shadow of their PnP counter parts, etc...

Not to mention the Terrible lack of Monsters, generic ones or Setting specific... This is not D&D, its more like a 1/10th of a true D&D game...

Love your race list and most of you class list only reason I dont love that is I am not really familiar with a couple of them psy warriors and wilders dont anything about them and to lazy to hunt it up as to your other ideas yah domains for clerics and 1 feat for palys would be good. As to Arcanes being a lousy shadow cant really agree on that they can cast a lot more spells per day then their pnp counterparts anways mainly good ideas and nothing rotten

anyways +1 to my neighbor to the south

manumase
02-17-2010, 06:14 PM
rakshasa, kobold and troglodyte

Xionanx
02-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Modron (The old school dice ones)
Kobold (The old school furry dog ones)
Thrikeen (The old school Darksun preying mantis kickass cheese beast)

Alternantly I would love to see Warforged body type variations at least

Twiggs_Woody
02-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Any new race.... 3 or 4 would be nice... variety!! I've gone over most all the suggestions here and I like them all (I can't decide) so, I'll vote yes to any new race lol :)

artandor
02-23-2010, 02:06 PM
tiefling angels dragonborn

DarkThoughts
02-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Half-Orcs!

PoSeiDoN78
02-23-2010, 03:13 PM
dragonborn, changeling, draconian

Maniacmadd
02-23-2010, 03:36 PM
if they add any races, they should be realistic races from DND. like orc, or half-elf. possibly even high elves and gnomes.

so my vote goes.

Half-Elf - receives human versatility level 1 max. and elven ranged attack level 1 max.

Gnome - higher than average intelligence and device manipulation skills

Orc - crazy strength and an uncontrolable rage.

evilbadman
03-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Most wanted races

Shifters, Kobolds, Half-orcs
(next 3 = Gnomes, Changelings, Half-Elves)

Classes Too!

Druids, Artificers, Swashbucklers

Ashurr
04-06-2010, 03:34 AM
1. Shifters

2. Kalashtar

3. Vampires ( as an inflicted Template, not at char creation...unless a sort of Monster Class progression is instituted in game, much like the ones from Libris Mortis)

Sythinator
04-13-2010, 10:02 AM
troll, minotaur, half-orc

UndyingLord
04-14-2010, 01:44 AM
half-orc, half-elf and Gnome

Artos_Fabril
04-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Aasimar
Tieflings
Half-Elves

Quijonsith