PDA

View Full Version : Few questions, need some help.

-Anger-
01-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Hey!

Im kinda new in mmo, this is the second one, but totally complicated then the other i played. :) Now im a lvl1 rank5 sourceror. Made the 2 first quest from normal to elit mode. in the willage, so not much experience. Here are my questions:
1: i was able to find HP restore pots in some items / boxes. Is there a place, where i can buy em, or i have to farm?
2: is there the same item wich restore the emm MP (the blue bar), and if so, is it buyable?
3: is there a "shop" where i can buy clothes, staff for myself, or only quest rewards and chest drops?
4: some items "stucked" in my inventory. at least its not on the list, when i try to sell it to npc. like some pot to jump bigger (?), my beginner clothes, some gold colored stone named dragonsomething (cant remember), but its not gem, coz when i want to sell my gems, it says i have none.
5: found the hirling vendor. can i summon more ppl in dungeon or only one? maybe there is a level restriction or even the quest not allows me to summon more than one, coz i was able to summon only one?
6: the rank is used for anything? I mean i guess each level i will able to learn new skills, can use new items, but i dont see what is rank for. It seem like its only a mark, like at the end of rank1 u at 20% of the current lvl. Am i right or at higher level there will be some meaning?

Thx for the answeres!

Sinni
01-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Hey!

Im kinda new in mmo, this is the second one, but totally complicated then the other i played. :) Now im a lvl1 rank5 sourceror. Made the 2 first quest from normal to elit mode. in the willage, so not much experience. Here are my questions:
1: i was able to find HP restore pots in some items / boxes. Is there a place, where i can buy em, or i have to farm?
2: is there the same item wich restore the emm MP (the blue bar), and if so, is it buyable?
3: is there a "shop" where i can buy clothes, staff for myself, or only quest rewards and chest drops?
4: some items "stucked" in my inventory. at least its not on the list, when i try to sell it to npc. like some pot to jump bigger (?), my beginner clothes, some gold colored stone named dragonsomething (cant remember), but its not gem, coz when i want to sell my gems, it says i have none.
5: found the hirling vendor. can i summon more ppl in dungeon or only one? maybe there is a level restriction or even the quest not allows me to summon more than one, coz i was able to summon only one?
6: the rank is used for anything? I mean i guess each level i will able to learn new skills, can use new items, but i dont see what is rank for. It seem like its only a mark, like at the end of rank1 u at 20% of the current lvl. Am i right or at higher level there will be some meaning?

Thx for the answeres!

1. you can buy them from potions vendors. i don't think there is one on Korthos tough. You need to complete the 3 village quests, then redemption and then miserys peak to do so.

2. no, you can't buy memno pots (other than the auction house, which is not available on korthos). due to that they are a valuable resource. you can buy them in the DDO store for real money/turbine points tough.

3. there are, but only very limited on korthos (if at all). but generally speaking: the stuff you can buy from vendors isn't really worth it. you can find more interesting stuff from brokers (vendors that sell stuff players sold to them) or in the auction house.

4. items with the "starter" property can't be sold. if you don't need them anymore you can just drag&drop them out of you inventory. you will be asked if you want to destroy them. dragonshards (the gems you mention) and quest related items can't be sold either.

5. every player can have 1 hireling. tough i think there is something in the DDO store (= real cash) that allows you to summon 2 hirelings.

6. every rank that isn't a level up gives you an action point. you can spend them at the trainer of your class for enhancments (and you can reset them for some gold, so don't hesitate to play around a bit with them)

-Anger-
01-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Thx, seems like im still in the practice zone. :) I was reading the forum till the reply, and i find some old post about XP / lvl. The interesting was normal XP, true res 1 and true res2. I think its like normal, hard ultimate mode playing, but cant find whats the difference? More points gained at the end of lvl, more skills, maybe if die, i loose the toon? ANd i dont remember if there was a choice when i made my char, wich asked this. Can U say anything about this?

Sinni
01-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Thx, seems like im still in the practice zone. :) I was reading the forum till the reply, and i find some old post about XP / lvl. The interesting was normal XP, true res 1 and true res2. I think its like normal, hard ultimate mode playing, but cant find whats the difference? More points gained at the end of lvl, more skills, maybe if die, i loose the toon? ANd i dont remember if there was a choice when i made my char, wich asked this. Can U say anything about this?

yes, Korthos island is some sort of tutorial.
don't worry about true res for now. in short/easy terms: if you reach lvl 20 you can true res your character, which means you get reset to lvl 1. you can keep your equipment and get some additional benefits (such as special feats and more points to distribute in your initial attributes) but you need to level up again and need more XP for leveling than before.

-Anger-
01-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Sounds good for me. :) One last question. If a free player join in a party of a VIp player, and he want to go an area whic is for VIP's, i can go with him? Lets say the area will open for the party, or vip is only for vips?

Sinni
01-19-2010, 09:54 AM
no, you can't go to that area then. there are 90-minute guest passes the VIP could buy for you, but don't expect strangers to do so, as they are from the DDO Store and thus cost real money.
you could also purchase the adventure pack from the DDO store yourself. if you do so you will have access to that area forever (VIP loose their acess as soon as they aren't VIPs anymore)

-Anger-
01-19-2010, 10:02 AM
So if i pay once (not even know, how much is a vip), i can have all the areas and quests, even if i dont pay again? It unlocks and remains a free accessable for me?

Sinni
01-19-2010, 11:20 AM
no, being a VIP is the same as in normal MMOs, you pay a monthly subscription and while you pay you have access to everything. if you stop paying you loose the access.
the other method is to buy the content you want in the DDO store. the adventure packs you buy this way are available to you as long as DDO exists without further payment.

Kralgnax
01-19-2010, 11:48 AM
So if i pay once (not even know, how much is a vip), i can have all the areas and quests, even if i dont pay again? It unlocks and remains a free accessable for me?
If you buy an adventure pack (AP), all your characters on all servers have access for ever.

If you subscribe (~$15.month), you have access while subscribing to shared bank, warforged, monk, and all APs

-Anger-
01-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Ok, so in long, better if "buy" the AP only in my oppinion. I tried to figure, how the DDO store works, but couldnt find the AP's there. The only info i found is 22 AP and between 150 and 950 points. Can U post a link, where i can see their price separatedly? Wich AP U think is cool, or "necessary" to have fun at high level?

KualaBangoDango
01-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Hey!

Thx for the answeres!The others above answered pretty well, but I'll just throw in a few extra comments...

1. If I remember right, you CAN buy health potions from the general vendor in Korthos, but they are pretty expensive for a starting character. Until you get some gold built up your best source of health potions is from drops.

2. The spell point potions can be obtained from chests and quest rewards too, but they're pretty rare, so use them only for emergencies. As others have said you can also buy them from the auction or from the DDO Store.

3. You can't buy armor until you get to Stormreach, the city after Korthos. You can however buy low quality weapons from the Korthos vendor.

4. You may wanna save your dragonshards cause you'll probably use them later. Your other starter gear you can just drop out of your inventory to destroy since you can't sell them.

5. Normal hirelings you can only use one at a time. Hirelings you get from the DDO store you can use more than one at a time.

6. The ranks are just partial levels. You get skill points to spend each time you rank up, so you can get new abilities without having to wait longer for the actual level-ups.

So if i pay once (not even know, how much is a vip), i can have all the areas and quests, even if i dont pay again? It unlocks and remains a free accessable for me?VIP is about $15 each month and gives you access to almost all content for that month while you're VIP. If a VIP stops their VIP subscription and becomes a free player then they lose access to all the VIP stuff and can only play in the free content.

If a free player buys content (races, classes, or adventure packs) then those are unlocked forever for that player, but only that content they buy. Paying once for one area and quests does NOT unlock other areas and quests, only the area you buy.

So, if you want to play as a free player in a group with VIP players, and want to go to a VIP quest area, they have to buy you a temporary timed guest pass (that will expire) or you have to buy that area yourself from the store (permanent) or you can upgrade to VIP for a month. Any of those three things will let you play in that area with the other VIP's.

KualaBangoDango
01-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Ok, so in long, better if "buy" the AP only in my oppinion. I tried to figure, how the DDO store works, but couldnt find the AP's there. The only info i found is 22 AP and between 150 and 950 points. Can U post a link, where i can see their price separatedly? Wich AP U think is cool, or "necessary" to have fun at high level?You can only see the store items while you're in the game, since the store only exists in the game. The store items you see on the website are just advertisements showing what's on sale, but it's not the actual store.

-Anger-
01-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Thx all the help guys! :)

-Anger-
01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Have a new question. If i party with my wife, and we go to a dungeon for quest, the exp for the Quest will be lower with some % or maybe only the half of exp than if we go alone?

KualaBangoDango
01-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Have a new question. If i party with my wife, and we go to a dungeon for quest, the exp for the Quest will be lower with some % or maybe only the half of exp than if we go alone?As far as I know the number of people in the group does not affect your xp.

Things that DO affect your xp are: being a lot higher level than the dungeon or being grouped with someone a lot higher level, having group-members leave the dungeon before the quest is done (going back to town to vendor/repair), dying and releasing back to town (instead of being rezzed if possible or having your soul-stone carried around till the quest is done), repeating the quest too many times, and skipping optional side-quests.

There may be others but I can't think of them off-hand.

-Anger-
01-19-2010, 01:19 PM
This was far enough, thx.

Kralgnax
01-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Ok, so in long, better if "buy" the AP only in my oppinion. I tried to figure, how the DDO store works, but couldnt find the AP's there. The only info i found is 22 AP and between 150 and 950 points. Can U post a link, where i can see their price separatedly? Wich AP U think is cool, or "necessary" to have fun at high level?

My take:
Necessary: Demon Sands, Gianthold, Vale, Devels of Shavarath (all level 10+)

Handy: Threnal, Sorrowdusk, Delara's , Tangleroot, Sharn, Catacombs (Higher to lower level)

- there's detailed AP discussions on these forums - go find them (or don't)