PDA

View Full Version : Ranger/rogue gear

Chillydown
01-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Hi there,

Is there a ranger/rogue gear guide that anyone knows of. At the moment I am 2 ranger/2 rogue and wanted to know if where I should go to farm for some lowbe named gear. I am a f2p player but have the StK and Catacombs packs.

ty

PS going for tempest 3 rapier/short sword melee build.

TasteTester
01-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Thailand Dan has created a Free-to-Play Guide (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2504077) that uses a rogue/ranger build and discusses important gear to have. Since you already have a character you can skip past the build part. Lots of good info that may help you get started.

Once you know what sort of gear you're looking for, take a look at Dragon.Star's Definitive Static Rewards List (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279), which lists all the recurring loot drops by quest all the way from Korthos to level 20.

Kralgnax
01-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Well, Catacombs can at least get you:

a pair of ghost touch weapons - I'm not sure whether you'd want the longsword & dagger or two daggers.
If your UMD is decent the eternal wand of cure minor wounds is astoundingly useful for healing minor damage, as it recharges constantly
Nothing else springs to mind, unless you get lucky and get the peranent FF item from STK

Really, for a short sword user, Sharn has the best rewards of the low level APs, Nicked longbow plus a pair of nicked shorswords would serve you well, I'd think.

DasLurch
01-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Look in the shops in the market place for some+3 Search, +3 Disable Device, and +3 Open Lock items. These are usually on rings for all three or Goggles for the Disable and search skills, and gloves for the Open Locks. IF/when you hit level 5, try to find +5 items to fill those needs. AH probably the best help on that account. You will want to try and keep these maxxed out as much as possible as you level. They are some of the better things to help you be the Rogue for a party.

Otherwise, someone mentioned the Sharn Syndacate AP for good reason. You can score all sorts of Binds to Account gear (+2 stat, +5 skills) easily by just re-running these. And the end of the pack has some really great low level weapons availible for your use. Catacombs has that wand, STK has some nice named gear as end of chain rewards, and Tangleroot has some very nice end of chain rewards as well (+3 stat items for level 5, and one of the best clicky items in the game). As far as real named items go, you don't see many until you can access the Demon Sands AP (Menecturan Desert/Demon Queen Raid). That's more for levels 9-15.

Chillydown
01-20-2010, 05:54 AM
Thanks a bunch folks :D