PDA

View Full Version : How long for a treasure chest to restock?

Rerednaw
01-18-2010, 12:10 PM
I saw a TIP during a load screen that stated that every time you loot the same treasure chest, the 'value' of the chest drops. The chest treasure can even drop to 0.

Could someone tell me what the cooldown is?

Does the same chest share the cooldown on different difficulties? That is, if I do the dungeon solo, then come back and try normal has the chest value dropped?

This would explain why I get a +1 weapon on solo, and a level 1 potion on elite.

Thanks!

Sinni
01-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I saw a TIP during a load screen that stated that every time you loot the same treasure chest, the 'value' of the chest drops. The chest treasure can even drop to 0.

Could someone tell me what the cooldown is?

Does the same chest share the cooldown on different difficulties? That is, if I do the dungeon solo, then come back and try normal has the chest value dropped?

This would explain why I get a +1 weapon on solo, and a level 1 potion on elite.

Thanks!

the loot is only reduced if you get a message "this chest is ransacked" or something like that when you open the chest. from then on you can't get any named items out of that chest until it resets. it resets 7 days after you lootet the chest for the first time. and it ransacks after about 10 or so times of opening it. usually you reach that only when you explicitely farm a chest for its loot.
for me personally it only ever happened with the desert undead chests i farmed for bloodstone. and the mindflayer chest in gianthold after a bunch of relic runs.

PurdueDave
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM

Low level chests are really hit or miss on loot quality by level. IMX, I don't subjectively notice a level of loot difference until around level 9/10 chests.