PDA

View Full Version : Help with my first bard.

CherryYosh
01-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Hey guys, I am wondering if any of you could help me out with my bard. I created him yesterday and got him to level four but since I only planed out the stats and the feats I am not sure if my enhancements and spells are good at all. Before I get to the stats and everything my goals for this guy are as followed. Melee: I don't expect him to be amazing at it but I would like his melee damage to be decent, I think I can get away with this just by putting money into weapons. Buffs: I want these to be top notch after all this is the reason I chose bard. CC: I've read this is really good for bards, so I would like to be good in it. Healing: I would like to have good healing so that I can fall back to a secondary healer when the party gets bogged down or when, god forbid, our healer dies.

Stats: Str 16, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 16
Skill focus: Concentration, haggle, heal, diplomacy, UMD, Preform

Feats:
1 toughness, Mental Toughness
3 extend spell
6 Improved Mental Toughness
9 empower healing
12 heighten spell
15 quicken spell
18 spell penetration

Spells: 1: cure, otto's resistible Dance, Remove Fear.
2: cure, hypnotic pattern

Enhancements: Extra Song I, Inspired Attack I, Inspired Damage I, Lingering Song I, Haggle I, Perform I, Song Magic I, Song Magic II, Charisma I

So what do you guys think? Should I reset my enhancements? Should I exchange some spells? And what spells / enhancements should I plan on getting as I level up?

tihocan
01-18-2010, 11:56 AM
First question: are you sure about your stats? This sounds like a 34 pt build, is this a result of a True Reincarnation?

tihocan
01-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Besides stats (which look fine to me btw), given what your goals are, you probably want to be a warchanter (better melee ability and better offensive songs).

That means you want weapon focus: slash (best for two-handed weapons) and power attack by level 6 (both feats are a prerequisite for warchanter).

So, something like:

1. Toughness, Weapon focus: Slash
3. Extend Spell
6. Power Attack
9. Empower healing
12. Quicken
15. Heighten (might not be needed, I'm not too aware of what spells are good to heighten on a bard)
18. Spell penetration

You may consider a splash too to avoid having to rely on master's touch (which can come with some nasty lag). This could also open up more feats.

Spells and enhancements are easy enough to respec. Experiment with them :)

CherryYosh
01-18-2010, 12:03 PM
First question: are you sure about your stats? This sounds like a 34 pt build, is this a result of a True Reincarnation?

I guess I included the enhancements and level gain. Cha should be 16 in the post. Other then that none have been modified.