PDA

View Full Version : Story pack

Rhinala
01-18-2010, 07:38 AM
DDO is a great game it have a good combat system and great dungeons, but it lack in one aspect.
The story, i have no background story of white dragon in korthos, or any other major faction.
It would be great if there would be a story attach to the dungeons, quests and raids, a thin thread that will guide me in the game. in my opinion it would add immersion and make it a deeper game.

redraider
01-18-2010, 07:47 AM
The Dev's have long ago found that 97.8666% (repeating of course) of players never even read the stories that are already there. Why create elaborate background for less that 3% of the population?

We want zergable dungeons a rog can sneak through, not back stories.

Therilith
01-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Are you familiar with the Eberron campaign setting (both the book and the setting in general)? If not, that's a good place to find information on the Gatekeepers, Argonnessen and such.

Rhinala
01-18-2010, 09:11 AM
redraide:
I know what you mean, sometimes i skip the description too, but if it would have been a part of an epic story i would never do so. + it can be a P2P content, it will not change anything in the gameplay but it will add background content to players that want it (i will be happy 2 pay for it).

Therilith:
Sorry but i dont know the settings and the books, im going to look it up soon.
I know that a story can be build on the base of another story, but i don't think that i should look into other stories to understand what is happen in the game.
After the beginning it should take its own path.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-18-2010, 09:14 AM
DDO is a great game it have a good combat system and great dungeons, but it lack in one aspect.
The story, i have no background story of white dragon in korthos, or any other major faction.
It would be great if there would be a story attach to the dungeons, quests and raids, a thin thread that will guide me in the game. in my opinion it would add immersion and make it a deeper game.

There is a story, its there if you read it. Many of the quests are stand alone but there are several major and intertwining story arcs if you pay attention. You will see Jeets and the white dragon again at high level. Necro starts 1 the first major story arc. Tempest Spine another. VON another. And all of those will intertwine at higher levels.

Therilith
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Therilith:
Sorry but i dont know the settings and the books, im going to look it up soon.
I know that a story can be build on the base of another story, but i don't think that i should look into other stories to understand what is happen in the game.
After the beginning it should take its own path.

The Eberron campaign setting is not so much a story as it is a guide to the world where this game is set.

Halo_572
01-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Maybe they should add in a 'read the story' XP bonus. I am sure that would get some sort of notice.

Zereth501
01-18-2010, 11:49 AM
The problem is that the first time you run a quest, you have a 99% chance that everybody else has already done it and is going to run ahead if you stop to talk with the npcs.