PDA

View Full Version : Quest reset timer bug

d100
01-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Hello,

I have had problems with quests resetting too quickly. Sometimes, I will be back in the quest in less than 90 seconds, to find that it will have reset. This is obviously extremely frustrating. I started using an egg timer or stop watch to validate my timing. I am 100% certain that I am faster than 5 minutes. I do 100% solo, which is why this is an issue.

It's not a 100% repro, but here's what the problem seems to be:

1) It occurs in quests in 'wilderness' areas -- where you have to pass from the city, to the wilderness area, to the quest,

AND (not or)

2) You someone your hirling in the *wilderness* area, not the *quest* area.

hydra_ex
01-16-2010, 09:04 PM
If you have a hireling in your group and you exit the quest the instance will automatically reset.

Samadhi
"Breaking party" will also reset an instance. If you are solo with a hireling - that is a party. So when you leave the instance, your hireling leaves party, and the instance resets.

vyvy3369
Whenever you join or form a party, any other instances you may have been in reset, and I'm pretty sure that's intentional. People use that behavior to reset explorer instances quite frequently.

d100
01-17-2010, 01:45 AM
"Breaking party" will also reset an instance. If you are solo with a hireling - that is a party. So when you leave the instance, your hireling leaves party, and the instance resets.

But there's clearly something else going on, because it often does NOT reset, and I ALWAYS have a cleric hirling with me. Most often, I run back, and just re-summon the hirling at the beginning of hte instance and continue. It's only sometimes that the timer resets. Maybe it's only the resummon in the wilderness area that breaks the party? That seems very unintuitive, and bug like to me.

Lithic
01-17-2010, 01:58 AM
But there's clearly something else going on, because it often does NOT reset, and I ALWAYS have a cleric hirling with me. Most often, I run back, and just re-summon the hirling at the beginning of hte instance and continue. It's only sometimes that the timer resets. Maybe it's only the resummon in the wilderness area that breaks the party? That seems very unintuitive, and bug like to me.

There is a bug where a quest appears reset even though it has not really reset. This occurs when hirelings leave/join party. If you reenter the quest on the same diff as you left, then it may still be on the same instance as before. Entering on a different difficulty level will open a new instance.