PDA

View Full Version : 20th raid rewards list

testing1234
01-16-2010, 03:52 PM
please remove the +2tomes from the older raids 20th reward list.

after running von/titan/dq raid people do not want a +2tome and having one/several +2tomes in reward list just decreases the chance of getting the specific named item that is the reason for running it 20 times.

+2tomes are easily gotten once you are capped by farming for gold until you have enough to buy the tome you want on the AH. +2tomes should not be considered raid reward material anymore.
also by the times you have 20 completions in any raid its unlikely you do not have the +2tomes that you consider important on the character having 20completions.

getting many tomes on your reward list these days is a very large reduction in chance of getting item you want

Visty
01-16-2010, 03:54 PM
+2 tomes are raidloot just like any other raidloot too

if you want the +2 removed, then remove the +3 and +4 too

testing1234
01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
+2 tomes are raidloot just like any other raidloot too

if you want the +2 removed, then remove the +3 and +4 too
this is not true +2tomes are indeed unique as the only "raid loot" that drops from normal quests also not only from raids.

removing +3 and +4tomes from raids when raids is only way to get these, would mean removing them from the game completely this is not at all the case with +2tomes that drops from many quests.

id hazard something like 95%+ of all +2tomes comes from normal quests and removing them on the 20th reward list would not make them more expensive from ah. this just guesswork as i have no statistics to back this up except personal experience and in-game chatt.

Minor_Threat
01-16-2010, 04:19 PM
no.

with all the TR's running raids, the tomes are nice.

Robi3.0
01-16-2010, 04:22 PM
No

I want my tomes!

Visty
01-16-2010, 04:24 PM
removing +3 and +4tomes from raids when raids is only way to get these, would mean removing them from the game completely this is not at all the case with +2tomes that drops from many quests.

maybe reread my post

i was talking about removing them from the 20th list, not from the raid

Riorik
01-16-2010, 05:03 PM
this is not true +2tomes ...

Look, they may not be all that useful as end-game raid loot, but they're fabulous for the more casual player who may have just pulled their very first +2 tome.

Completely specious argument.

testing1234
01-16-2010, 05:53 PM
surprised by how many actually want +2tomes as a 20th reward, seems im in minority on this matter.
removing a +2tome puts a random raid item into its place this makes a Huge diffrence to the % of getting a specific raid item from a 20th reward list.

lets take the demon queen as a example as a 20th reward list you get 8 different reward options (if i remember correctly) of these you dont get same named item twice and you can get 16 different named items +6tomes.
8 out of 16 items is a 50% chance of getting item of desire while 8 out of 24 is only 33% of getting item you want.
in my opinion 30% chance of getting the raid item you want is very low since it only comes along every 2months real life time.
losing chance of getting +2tomes for a increase of named raid items choice up to 50% from 30% seems a good trade off to me.

looking at the numbers i blame the tomes for making it hard to get raid loot from old raids that only has +2tomes.

maybe reread my post

i was talking about removing them from the 20th list, not from the raid

this is true and did indeed misread your comment.

sirgog
01-16-2010, 06:19 PM
no.

with all the TR's running raids, the tomes are nice.

Surely every TR has a hand-me-down +2 tome for every stat that they consider important, ready to om nom nom nom at level 7.

Aranticus
01-16-2010, 06:22 PM
the problem isnt the +2 tome. heck you can keep it for your TR as well. the problem is with the sheer number of pointless loot. people run von or titan just for a few pieces of loot. you think every one run dq becoz they want storm?!?!?! :rolleyes:

toughguyjoe
01-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Heres the thing.

Getting +2 Tomes in DQ/Von/Titan used to be the only way you could get them.

Then quests started coming out where you could get +2 tomes unbound (Litany, then Vale quests)

With F2P bringing many many players to the game, lots of them don't have as much access to +2 tome giving content.

This makes the DQ/Titan/Von +2 tome drops mroe valuable to them, even in the 20th list.

For this reason I wouldn't think they would remove the +2 tomes from the end reward lists for 20 completions.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-16-2010, 06:36 PM
I'd just make them non bound or at least BtA instead of BtC. The fear against using +2 tomes to twink no longer exists because those who want to can and Turbine has already set L7 as the balanced point of twinking for +2 tomes thanks to the ML.

Uska
01-16-2010, 06:40 PM
NO otehrs many still want them although +3 would be better.

Uska
01-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Surely every TR has a hand-me-down +2 tome for every stat that they consider important, ready to om nom nom nom at level 7.

I didnt