PDA

View Full Version : Most inappropriate monster treasure drop

brian14
01-15-2010, 07:35 AM
I am in the process of slowly exploring Searing Heights. Yesterday I killed Calcine, and one of its fire mephit sidekicks dropped a treasure bag. I pick up the bag and find... Caravan Logbook.

A fire creature was carrying paper around? :)

BTW, that was my second attempt at Calcine. First time I ran from a Large Fire Elemental, as nothing I did seemed to affect it. Without Elemental Bane wepaon, how do you kill one of those thing?

Bunker
01-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Fire has a distaste for water. aka ice aka frost

Shaarax
01-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Frost weapons work well, as does having fire resistance cast and just hitting it a lot of times, power attack is useful there as they tend to have a low AC.

brian14
01-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Frost weapons work well, as does having fire resistance cast and just hitting it a lot of times, power attack is useful there as they tend to have a low AC.
I had fire resistance -- without it you can't survive a minute in Calcine's neighborhood. Problem was inflicting damage on the elemental. Next time I will try some frost attacks.

voidholder
01-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Ranged works well against fire elementals, as long as you can do some damage. Their ranged attack is easy to dodge.

brian14
01-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Well, I continue my exploration of Searing Heights, and now am really curious about mephits' treasure. I killed several more Fire Mephits, and got three more drops: 2 Cryptomoss Worms and 1 Powdered Blood. I never heard before about monsters dropping collectibles from different "sets". FWIW, Cryptomoss Worms were dropped in the vicinity of lava fall cave, and Powdered Blood near Hazai Haath's pavilion.

Oh, and Imbue Force arrows do wonders on Fire Elementals. (My toon is arcane archer, and I really like that choice!)

der_kluge
01-19-2010, 03:18 PM
I feel the same way when a wolf drops *anything*.

Thorzian
01-19-2010, 03:25 PM
ya, dont get too hung up on that. it will ba a random collectible every time. it wont make sense.

Matuse
01-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Makes about as much sense as a cloud of bugs in Diablo II dropping a suit of fullplate.

brian14
01-20-2010, 10:44 AM

Stomach contents? :)

With oozes it is a bit more plausible.

[Edited] Reminds me of a Nodwick (http://www.comixpedia.org/index.php?title=Nodwick) cartoon where Nodwick says about an ooze dungeon: "The only reason to go in it is to collect the stuff left by people who went there earlier!"

Mattee
01-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Makes about as much sense as a cloud of bugs in Diablo II dropping a suit of fullplate.

+1 rep

Solmage
01-31-2010, 12:07 PM

This was sadly changed due to popular demand. Animals and such didn't use to drop anything.

Sideways
02-02-2010, 08:51 AM
A warfrog guildee and I were questing over the weekend and one of his quest rewards was a docent of water breathing - otherwise known as a chocolate teapot!

Side