PDA

View Full Version : Rogue or Barbarian Damage Boost

Flyhalfer
01-15-2010, 12:34 AM
I am working on a build that is a rogue assassin and a Barb Frenzied Berserker.

character Planner won't let me choose Barbarian damage boost because I have already chosen Rouge damage boost for Assassin.

Is this the way it works in game that you can't be a Rouge Assassin and a frenzied berserker, or is it a bug in character Planner 3.14?

unbongwah
01-15-2010, 10:57 AM
AFAIK if two classes offer the same enhancement ability, you can only take one of them. Same applies to stat bonuses: e.g., if you have a rogue / ranger, you can take the DEX bonus from rogue OR ranger, not both.

Flyhalfer
01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
So if the prestige classes for two differant classes, like Rogue Assasin and Barbarian Frenzied Beszerker, have the same prerequisit, in this case rogue/barbarian damage boost II, then a build cannot combine those two prestige classes since you can't meet the prereqs for both?

ristretto93
01-16-2010, 03:46 PM
AFAIK if two classes offer the same enhancement ability, you can only take one of them. Same applies to stat bonuses: e.g., if you have a rogue / ranger, you can take the DEX bonus from rogue OR ranger, not both.

This is right to a degree. However, I believe stats may be the exception. I am 100% sure, with my rogue/pally (an abomination, to be sure) I have taken both stat:dex (rogue) and stat:cha (pal) ...I don't think they would offer this class combo access to "stat:xx" for two classes but not Rog+Rng just because both are dex.

Otherwise one cannot take action boosts from 2 classes (rogue haste I & fighter haste I for example) or toughness (am I right about toughness lines stacking? Racial + class but not class + class?)

Visty
01-16-2010, 03:52 PM
This is right to a degree. However, I believe stats may be the exception. I am 100% sure, with my rogue/pally (an abomination, to be sure) I have taken both stat:dex (rogue) and stat:cha (pal) ...I don't think they would offer this class combo access to "stat:xx" for two classes but not Rog+Rng just because both are dex.

Otherwise one cannot take action boosts from 2 classes (rogue haste I & fighter haste I for example) or toughness (am I right about toughness lines stacking? Racial + class but not class + class?)

its for stats too, you cant take ranger dex and rogue dex

besides that, what is said already, cant take the same thing from differant classes

ristretto93
01-16-2010, 04:10 PM
its for stats too, you cant take ranger dex and rogue dex

besides that, what is said already, cant take the same thing from differant classes

Guess I am wrong on that one. I do think it is worth noting that if what you say is true, certain class combos would have an unfair/unbalanced access to additional action point bought stats. Regardless of whether its the same stat, they are classified under 'stat' on the enhancement list, and I (rog/pal) have access to both options charisma & dexterity IN ADDITION to racial stat DEX. A rogue/ranger wouldn't have access to 3 different first tier (costing 2ap each)? Strange.

Kahath
01-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Guess I am wrong on that one. I do think it is worth noting that if what you say is true, certain class combos would have an unfair/unbalanced access to additional action point bought stats. Regardless of whether its the same stat, they are classified under 'stat' on the enhancement list, and I (rog/pal) have access to both options charisma & dexterity IN ADDITION to racial stat DEX. A rogue/ranger wouldn't have access to 3 different first tier (costing 2ap each)? Strange.

You can take enhancement benefits together as long as they come from a different "source":

Elfen Dex + Rogue Dex = Fine. One comes from the "source" race the other from the "source" class.
Rogue Dex + Ranger Dex = Only one can be taken as they are from the same "source" class.

The same applies with all other enhancement as well. For example if you'd have a warforged damage boost (doesn't exist, but to illustrate my point) would be able to take that one alongside with the barbarian damage boost, although it wouldn't make a lot of sense since you can't active them together.

Flyhalfer
01-17-2010, 04:54 PM
So the end result is, you can't be a Rouge Assassin/Barbarian Frenzied Berserker because both require an action boost of the same kind (Damage) from the same source (class.)

Thanks, that answers my question. :)